Duelyst Forums

Word-to-Card Contest (October 2019)

Very smart! :joy:

1 Like

Zoolander was on this weekend, all I can think about now when I saw one of the words was Derelict. Derelicte is close enough I think.

Neutral Minion

10 Likes

For “Tremor”

Edit: Updated with better stats as suggested by @halcyon98

8 Likes

That’s a super cool card. I’d give it better stats though, as build minions tend to be noticeably overstated. Also, a Mech with Build is something CPG wishes they did first.

5 Likes

Side note I feel like all those abilities should make it legendary :man_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

You mean former or recent one?

If you activate the card more than once, do you get 3 draw, 4 draw, etc? :thinking:
Says additional but no mention on a limit of 2.

3 Likes

Tremor

8 Likes

oh hell yeah boy replace support

1 Like

Not really? Because it doesn’t actually replace?

1 Like

“No replace” support would be a new thing (which this card doesn’t exactly do, but it made me think about it). You’d get bonus foregoing your right to replace.

And the next step would be “No play” support, where you get massive bonus for skipping your turn without doing anything. FUN UND INTERACTIVS.

3 Likes

Well it says additional, so I suppose it would work like Spelljammer and stack each time it is cast by either player.

1 Like

DERELICT

5 Likes

Whenever you replace it gains damage, so by right Aethermaster would allow you to stack damage extremely quickly

Then again, on hindsight using Aethermaster + this card in an Arcanyst deck is much better

Technically, this card is an instant win, as you can attempt to replace it as many times as you want in a given turn.

As worded that is probably true, but I think we should judge it on it’s intent. Sadly I think anything that would get that across would take a number of lines since this is doing something similar to Dreamgazer, but even more elaborate (in terms of mechanic description at least). It might be better off as “At the end of your turn, if you have not replaced a card give this +2 damage.” This would also prevent any Aethermaster hi-jinks like still getting good replaces while also buffing it, or plain getting a 3 mana spiral in one turn. (Yes, I know that would be next to impossible to pull off, but lets be honest that is the meme people are going to go for if this existed.)

What if it said something like “If you replace this card, give it +2 damage instead of putting it into your deck.” CPG have used even more vague wordings than this. If you’ve never seen a game with Letigress you wouldn’t know what “a cub joins the pack” means or similarly Lodestar’s “pull some things into this”.

1 Like

we speak not of the letigress’s language

3 Likes

Derelict

Degronomicon(3)
Songhai Empire
Legendary
Artifact
This artifact loses one durability at the start of your turn. Whenever you cast a spell put two copies of it into your deck that cost 1 less, you may replace an additional card each turn.

5 Likes

artifacts, now in square cause im too lazy to photoshop this

5 Likes