Today marks a momentous occasion. Not only are we casting the useless September into the garbage bin (sorry, recycling bin) of the past and moving on to the far superior October (Winter is Coming™, folks!), but we are also beginning the thirteenth monthly Word-to-Card Contest! Do you know what this means? Can you comprehend the ramifications?
IT’S THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE WORD-TO-CARD CONTEST!
Thank you, @everyone, for sticking with me this long, and a special thanks to @juveyd for providing me with the orb codes to keep this contest going (and to @boronian for the first couple months of codes). I’ve had fun running (and joining in) this contest, and even if the contestants slowly dwindle away and the last bastion of rewarded card design on the Forums goes to rot, I am glad that we made it this far.
Now, you know the drill! Choose a word and use it to design the card to end all cards:
- TREMOR (chosen by duzt)
TRIAL: Add humor into your card design.
DESTINY: If your card is tied with other designs when the voting stage ends, your card gets an extra entry into the discobot tiebreaker.
- Design a card that relates to the word of the month that you choose in any way
- You may only submit one card
- Submit your card in one of the two acceptable formats
- If using the visual format and you choose art from a different faction than what you want your card to be, make sure to specify your card’s faction
- Don’t copy cards other people have posted or cards from other card games
- When voting for a card, do not choose your own design
Make a card on this website and upload it here (recommended), or (if you are planning on changing your card often before the deadline) use this format:
Faction Type [Attack/Health] (Rarity)
Praise the Sun! (5)
Lyonar Spell (Legendary)
If this is the third time you praised the sun this game, restore your General to full health.
OR (this way looks way better)
1st place: 5 Core Orbs, get to decide one of next month’s words
2nd place: 4 Core Orbs
3rd place: 3 Core Orbs
October 15 – Submissions close, community voting begins
October 22 – Community voting ends, winners are honored and sent their prizes