Welcome, one and all, to the second monthly Word-to-Card Contest! The rules are simple: I give you a word, and you design a card that relates to that word!
This month’s word is: TEMPTATION
- Design a card that relates to the word of the month in any way
- You may only submit one card
- Submit your card in one of the two acceptable formats
- Try to choose the most relevant piece of Duelyst art for your card (if you are using the visual format), but don’t worry – that is not judged
- Don’t make an obviously overpowered or underpowered card
- Don’t copy cards other people have posted or cards from other card games
- You can’t make up your own keywords (there is no need for a single card), but you can invent special tiles and tokens
- Jury members cannot submit cards for the competition (unless they explicitly say that they are a jury member so other jury members know not to nominate them) or vote for the top 10
- This thread is ONLY for card submissions; discuss cards on one of the two custom card threads
Make a card on this website and upload it here (recommended), or (if you are planning on changing your card often before the deadline) use this format:
Faction Type [Attack/Health] (Rarity)
Praise the Sun! (5)
Lyonar Spell (Legendary)
If this is the third time you praised the sun this game, restore your General to full health.
OR (this way looks way better)
Every month there will be three different jury members who will look through every submitted card and choose three of them to nominate. I will nominate one card as well. These top ten cards will be put into a poll for the community to vote on. Here is how the jury members and I will evaluate cards:
Formality (5 points): Is the wording of the card up to Duelyst standards (the way the majority of cards are written, ignoring aberrations such as “pull some things to this” and “a cub joins the pack”)? Can you clearly understand how the card works?
Flavor (10 points): How well does the card relate to the word of the month? Do the name and rarity seem fitting for the card’s abilities?
Balance (15 points): How fair would the card be in the current meta?
Originality (20 points): How unique are the card’s name and abilities?
1st place: 5 Core Orbs, place in the jury next month
2nd place: 4 Core Orbs, place in the jury next month
3rd place: 3 Core Orbs, place in the jury next month
This Month’s Jury
November 15 – Submissions close (jury members cannot nominate cards posted after the 14th), jury nominations begin
November 22 – Jury nominations end (any jury member who is laggardly will be removed from office at this point and I shall take over his/her nominations), public voting begins
November 30 – Public voting ends, winners are honored and sent their prizes