Word-to-Card Contest (November 2018)

Welcome, one and all, to the second monthly Word-to-Card Contest! The rules are simple: I give you a word, and you design a card that relates to that word!

This month’s word is: TEMPTATION

Rules
  • Design a card that relates to the word of the month in any way
  • You may only submit one card
  • Submit your card in one of the two acceptable formats
  • Try to choose the most relevant piece of Duelyst art for your card (if you are using the visual format), but don’t worry – that is not judged
  • Don’t make an obviously overpowered or underpowered card
  • Don’t copy cards other people have posted or cards from other card games
  • You can’t make up your own keywords (there is no need for a single card), but you can invent special tiles and tokens
  • Jury members cannot submit cards for the competition (unless they explicitly say that they are a jury member so other jury members know not to nominate them) or vote for the top 10
  • This thread is ONLY for card submissions; discuss cards on one of the two custom card threads

Submission Format

Make a card on this website and upload it here (recommended), or (if you are planning on changing your card often before the deadline) use this format:

Name (Cost)
Faction Type [Attack/Health] (Rarity)
Abilities

Example:

Praise the Sun! (5)
Lyonar Spell (Legendary)
If this is the third time you praised the sun this game, restore your General to full health.

OR (this way looks way better)

Judging

Every month there will be three different jury members who will look through every submitted card and choose three of them to nominate. I will nominate one card as well. These top ten cards will be put into a poll for the community to vote on. Here is how the jury members and I will evaluate cards:

Formality (5 points): Is the wording of the card up to Duelyst standards (the way the majority of cards are written, ignoring aberrations such as “pull some things to this” and “a cub joins the pack”)? Can you clearly understand how the card works?

Flavor (10 points): How well does the card relate to the word of the month? Do the name and rarity seem fitting for the card’s abilities?

Balance (15 points): How fair would the card be in the current meta?

Originality (20 points): How unique are the card’s name and abilities?

Prizes

1st place: 5 Core Orbs, place in the jury next month

2nd place: 4 Core Orbs, place in the jury next month

3rd place: 3 Core Orbs, place in the jury next month

This Month’s Jury

1. @ryousen
  2. @beelakor
  3. @zanestheargent

Important Dates

November 15 – Submissions close (jury members cannot nominate cards posted after the 14th), jury nominations begin

November 22 – Jury nominations end (any jury member who is laggardly will be removed from office at this point and I shall take over his/her nominations), public voting begins

November 30 – Public voting ends, winners are honored and sent their prizes

GLHF! :mysticup:

Some notes: Spell is neutral, so every faction can embrace the Abyss.
It fits the temptation theme perfectly, it tempts you with such power, but if you accept, you put yourself on a brink of death! Overcome the temptation, if you dont believe in yourself!

Well, kiddos, good luck out there, try and seduce me.

Thats a challenging word, eager to see what you people come up with

Description

Coming soon…
Edit: Temptation for the player from the word “you win the game” in the card, even though it need to be summon 3 times from hand (need 9 mana x 3); although can be ‘cheated out’ with DS and/or AD.

Fan Card Design Hub: Discussion (+Card Design Contest Discussion)

You probably win with one xD

Matches the word temptation because you’re tempted to get that totem of life for it’s effects but if you give in, you run the risk of getting the totem of death.

Also the stats of the totems are irrelavent since they’re invunerable so I decided to make the death on 666.

P.S. It’s funny how all of the submissions are 9 mana.

The real temptation is playing a 9 mana 9/9 makantor.

JURY POST, DO NOT NOMINATE

Tempt not only in effect but in lore, fellows, as we remember that the Lyonar Kingdoms are uncomfortably close to where Aperion lies. And to repeat Draug’s madness…

A (Neutral) Siren from the Restless Sea! Don’t let your minions fall into its clutches!

this cards tempt you to use it but it has a consequence, this card is supposed to be a finisher but if you cant finish your opponent in that turn you might face the consequence if that power

Anything that has makantor warbeast in it must be good.

Temptation you say?

No, not this thing. Do not pull this thing. In-game things only. Geez.

Abyssian spell. Not a buff, modifies your generals card with the new values.

Tempt your opponent’s minions to your side with a promise of eternal life. But temptation comes with a cost.

I tempt you with a 4 mana 7/7 with no drawbacks! Will your wallet be ready?

4 mana 7/7. Hmmm. Where have I seen that before? Hearthstone memes

Will smooth out later, bonus points to you if you can understand what i’m referencing It’s not hard
This does count as temptation right?