Duelyst Forums

Word-to-Card Contest (January 2019)

Let’s start off the New Year with the fourth monthly Word-to-Card Contest, shall we? The rules are simple: I give you three words, and you choose one to design a card around.

Choose your word (and make sure to say which you picked in your submission):

• UNRELIABLE
  • ULTIMATUM
  • VENGEANCE

Rules
  • Design a card that relates to the word of the month that you choose in any way
  • You may only submit one card
  • Submit your card in one of the two acceptable formats
  • If using the visual format and you choose art from a different faction than what you want your card to be, make sure to specify your card’s faction
  • Don’t make an obviously overpowered or underpowered card
  • Don’t copy cards other people have posted or cards from other card games
  • Don’t make up your own keywords (there is no need for a single card), but inventing special tiles and tokens is fine

Submission Format

Make a card on this website and upload it here (recommended), or (if you are planning on changing your card often before the deadline) use this format:

Name (Cost)
Faction Type [Attack/Health] (Rarity)
Abilities

Example:

Praise the Sun! (5)
Lyonar Spell (Legendary)
If this is the third time you praised the sun this game, restore your General to full health.

OR (this way looks way better)

Prizes

1st place: 5 Core Orbs, get to decide one of next month’s words

2nd place: 4 Core Orbs

3rd place: 3 Core Orbs

Important Dates

January 15 – Submissions close, community voting begins

January 22 – Public voting ends, winners are honored and sent their prizes

GLHF! :mysticup:

[Poll] Word-to-Card Contest Community Voting (January)

I guess this could fit for all three words, but UNRELIABLE is probably the most applicable.

EDIT: This card is kinda weak, so final submission is below

:sirpenti: and artifact Lyonar support
ULTIMATUM

For clarification, it draws on itself when equipped

joseki. unreliable. done. i win

An unreliable tutor with some control from both sides. Get a ‘guaranteed’ titan after that makantor.

is the minion from the same faction?

Neutral minion that prompts an immediate response from the opponent, either by wiping out the whole board or destroying the Harbinger. May be unreliable too, but the running theme for this is ultimatum, demanding only certain counterplays. I did not make a 25 damage instawin for 1 potential turn of reverse wins because wincons are not fun when they force insta-concedes.

4 words:
Nat select
Plasma storm

• UNRELIABLE
  • slam a razorcrag golem on the board and it will become immortal! (as long as your general lives)

Unreliable

(neutral)

Fan Card Design Hub: Discussion (+Card Design Contest Discussion)

there’s a reason the cannot be overpowered rule exists fyi>>

-Its already rare to see boardstates with minions that have more than 10 health combined.20 will be very hard to reach
-Even than its too easy to answer and too expensive
-doesn,t even win the game automaticly and needs to be drawn after tons of setup .My version

Harbinger:8 mana mythron,0/1
Trial:total health of all minions on board is atleast 20
Destiny:at the end of your turn,deal 10 damage to the enemy general ,5 dmg to his minions and heal your general by 5
Still questionable if it would see play

Two minions with build. Trial conpleted

Didn,t think of build minions
Still-abyssian won,t have an easy time keeping 2 buildings that are still beeing build up at 7-8mana

The way you write your version actually looks very scary to me. You just summon two low cost build minions and at 8 mana you win.

The trial can only be completed WHILE 20 health+ is on the board

Also, do we really need more insta-win trials?

:sweat_smile: that is a good point

Don’t nominate, I am a jury member.

VENGEANCE

After the betrayal in his previous life, he swore to revenge and bow to no master

Vengeance

Bloodmonger (6)
Abyssian Unit (Legendary)
Attack: 6 Health: 6
When a friendly unit is destroyed by an enemy, deal three damage to the enemy general

PS: This would be a demon for the purposes of Gate to the Undervault. (MWAHAHA)

UNRELIABLE

For some clarification, if you cast it on either Obelysk or Exhuming Sand, they will no longer summon their corresponding minions (Wind Dervish for Obelysks, Iron Dervish for Exhuming Sand). Instead, they will equip a random Vetruvian artifact to your General.

If you cast this on an Obelysk, you’ll get an artifact at the start of your turn. If you cast this on Exhuming Sand instead, you’ll get an artifact when you summon a minion from your action bar.