Duelyst Forums

Word-to-Card Contest (February 2019) [VOTE!]

Welcome to the fifth monthly Word-to-Card Contest! The rules are simple: I give you three words, and you choose one to design a card around.

Choose your word (and make sure to say which you picked in your submission):

• PARASITISM (chosen by adahuys)
  • LETHARGY
  • BARGAIN

Rules
  • Design a card that relates to the word of the month that you choose in any way
  • You may only submit one card
  • Submit your card in one of the two acceptable formats
  • If using the visual format and you choose art from a different faction than what you want your card to be, make sure to specify your card’s faction
  • Don’t make an obviously overpowered or underpowered card
  • Don’t copy cards other people have posted or cards from other card games
  • Don’t make up your own keywords (there is no need for a single card), but inventing special tiles and tokens is fine

Submission Format

Make a card on this website and upload it here (recommended), or (if you are planning on changing your card often before the deadline) use this format:

Name (Cost)
Faction Type [Attack/Health] (Rarity)
Abilities

Example:

Praise the Sun! (5)
Lyonar Spell (Legendary)
If this is the third time you praised the sun this game, restore your General to full health.

OR (this way looks way better)

Prizes

1st place: 5 Core Orbs, get to decide one of next month’s words

2nd place: 4 Core Orbs

3rd place: 3 Core Orbs

Important Dates

February 15 – Submissions close, community voting begins

February 22 – Community voting ends, winners are honored and sent their prizes

Terrible luck, have no fun. :magdown:

PARASITISM

Can I win my own contest? :thinking:

• Yes
  • No
  • Not with that card, you can’t!

0 voters

jk. thats actually pretty cool

BARGAIN

Bargain

“A stronger early game, you say?” The Underlord’s talons click rhythmically against his throne.

His voice is a chasm–a black well yawning upward, outward, and inward, swallowing her… filling her.

“The Magaari, my lord,” her eyes are low, hands quivering against the cold stone. “They are beyond what we knew. Their bond with the Aspects runs deep. Too deep. If only we–”

“YOU have already demonstrated your value,” he rises from his throne and descends like a mist. “Variax stands at your right, the husks beneath your heel, and I myself go with you should the trial be fulfilled. The very keys to the gate are yours, and still you fail.”

“It’s not power, my lord,” she’s quivering now, hair slick against her back, lips blue with frozen breathe. “It’s haste! If we could but choose to move a bit more quickly then–”

“Choose?” Her face smashes against the stone. “You have already made your choices. You chose to dabble with the affairs of Inxikrah rather than consume the continent. You chose to betray your kind for the lives of the Anaestari. You have chosen your own agenda rather than fulfill your pact, and all the while more of my children wither at the expense of your games.”

“I–”

“You have FAILED. I will find another way.”

She writhes against the stone, ichor trailing from jagged margins of exposed bone. Her lips are like moonlight, a sliver of hope-- cracked, fleeting, no more. She’s gone. Her form giving way to the pall that is him as he passes over and past her without so much as a glance.

“If it is haste you want, then it is haste you shall have…”

Interesting minion. Your general can take 6 damage in one turn because of this minion. Fast way to die >.<

Actually, even without buffs, your General can take 20 damage in one turn because of this minion (attacked by five Wraithlings).

PARASITISM

Parasite

I dont know if Parasite Queen tribe should be a GENERAL or MINION. So I put a GENERAL tribe ^^"

Can someone tell me if this card is too much OP? ; )

This card would be good if Variax wasn"t better. And Variax isn’t good in the current meta.

Also battle pet’s with rush are useless (rush doesn’t work on them).

Lethargy

Rush should work. Cuz at your turn pet is summoned (not by you, from action bar) and he move by hes own in same turn.

Still doesn’t work, battle pets just aren’t coded that way. Summoning them “at the end of your opponent’s turn” etc. would be better.

For Parasitism:

Edit: fixed brain fart. It’s “Blood Surge”, not “Blood Bond”. Also fixed the image because it should look less human. Thanks to @nomnomnomnom.

BEGONE, FOUL DAEMON!

BARGAIN
Neutral minion.

“Of course sir, I only sell the best slaves in all of Mythron”

“No sir, this is not the last stock. But I only provide the best item for the most generous of patrons”

i love it!!! i want to see the Parasite"s queen!!

Nice to hear that : )

Bargain
Blood Rites (4 mana)
Abyssian Spell (Legendary)
Deal 4 damage to your general and sacrifice a minion. Summon a random demon from your deck on the sacrificed minions space.

wouldn’t it be a succubus since abysian is supposed to be all female? cool card btw