Duelyst Forums

Word-to-Card Contest (August 2019)

@bepoest wishes he thought of that magnificent idea. :wink:

3 Likes

rip my brain. i think i was at least half sleep deprived.
i am really sorry for that one

3 Likes

USURP

Exalt (3)
Legendary
Spell
Lyonar Kingdom

Give a minion +1/+1 and “ Dying Wish: deal 1 damage to nearby enemies and give nearby friendly minions +1/+1” if that minion is killed by an enemy minion repeat this cards effect on that minion.

(The minion this is used on would have a crown looking icon above there head similar to the way infest is shown in abyssian)

3 Likes

Automatic

This is somewhat inspired by that new Hearthstone card that automatically suggests cards. How this card works, is that it looks at your hand and board, and replaces the card it is least inclined to replace if it were an AI opponent. For example, this could replace your 4 cost play if you played this on 3 mana. Or this could replace your board clears if your opponent has a big board. Since this is a start of turn effect, your opponent gets to suffer from it first. In some cases, you can turn the downside into an upside since you get to replace an additional time, even if its a terrible replace. I envision this being used to replace your opponent’s completed Mythron Wanderer. Other Mythron are releatively safe from it, though, since incomplete Mythrons cannot be replaced, and mythrons are usually played on/1 turn after completion. It does feel kinda overpowered, so I might nerf it to 4 or even 5 mana

5 Likes

Slippery

Deepfire Slippers (Cassyva’s Stockings?)
Abyssian
Artifact
6 mana
Friendly minions and generals on friendly shadow creep may move one additional space.

8 Likes

Cassyva’s Stockings will attract degeneracy into the forum.

5 Likes

Wait, why would cassyva’s stockings be slippery :sweat:

2 Likes

um, well, you see this is purely for lore design. I was basing this off of Vaath’s Brutality. yes, of course, it’s all made up. purely dark fantasy :mysticup:

3 Likes

SLIPPERY

5 Likes

Vote! Vote! Vote!

• G.O.L.D.
  • M1NDL3SS M1ND-SWAPP3R
  • Lite Flight
  • Shattered Spirit Rock [name changed from Shattered Soulstone by order of BNE on grounds of copyright infringement]
  • Parasitic Devourer
  • GHWASP
  • Frostbite
  • Regicide
  • Exalt
  • Thonkbot
  • Deepfire Slippers
  • Well-Placed Banana Peel

0 voters

3 Likes

late idea, not an entry
usurp

Pauper Aamir
3 mana
4/1
Cannot be targeted by attacks
Dying wish: Summon a Prince Aamir on the edge of your Starting Side of the field

Prince Aamir
3 mana
1/4
Cannot be targeted by ANY spells
OG: summon a Pauper Aamir on the edge of your starting side of the field

1 Like

This would never trigger… assuming Prince Aamir is the token?

3 Likes

I believe none of the two are tokens.

2 Likes

Erm, it looks like I keep forgetting to write down an important rule… hopefully I will not forget next month…

@divinedevek and @uukasz, could you please not vote for your own submissions?

2 Likes

@uukasz’s vote is disqualified for voting for his own submission, leaving G.O.L.D. tied for first place with Parasitic Devourer and Thonkbot. Will @uukasz’s three alt accounts still earn him the ultimate victory? We shall see.

For first place:
1 = G.O.L.D.
2 = Parasitic Devourer
3 = Thonkbot

@discobot roll 1d3

3 Likes

:game_die: 1

2 Likes

For second place:
1 = Parasitic Devourer
2 = Thonkbot

@discobot roll 1d2

2 Likes

:game_die: 2

3 Likes

BOW DOWN BEFORE THIS MONTH’S WINNERS:

1ST PLACE – @uukasz

2ND PLACE – @excogitator

3RD PLACE – @lefthook

3 Likes

Thank you. I will be honest. 2 of 3 accounts are from my home, but none of them are mine. If the other rivals feel disappointed, I won’t start in the next months.

3 Likes