Duelyst Forums

Word-to-Card Contest (April 2019) [Come Vote!]

Clemency

6 Likes

Yeah, you’re about a month late.

But, pray tell, what is this keyword?

3 Likes

The keyword is “Overkill X”, which triggers a bonus effect whenever your minion destroys an enemy with X damage to spare. For the illustration, a 7/7 minion would “Overkill 5” any enemy minion with 2 health or less.
Overkill effets can trigger both on attacks and counter-attacks. Effects design would be leaning towards symmetry to reward good board placement. Some Overkill effects would be usable out of the box, but some of them would require buffs to activate.

Example cards:

• Wrath Priest (mid-cap minion) - Overkill 3: Destroy all minions in the same column or the same row.
  • Constricting Bond (spell) - All minions gain “Overkill 1: Your General takes 1 damage.”
  • Vengeful Tick (tiny minion) - Overkill 5: This minion gains Celerity and Frenzy.
3 Likes

forgotten, clemency or paradox ? … i don’t get it XD

1 Like

I deleted my previous submission, here’s the real one:

FORGOTTEN
The Boss will gain its original effect.

4 Likes

Cool idea, though very familiar sounding… :thonk:

2 Likes

Did I inadvertently reinvent some wheel or plagiarize someone?

I had the idea after noticing that heavy attacks caused increasing screen shake effects, and that it would be nice if all the efforts and risks involved in buffing minions provided more reward than cosmetic effects and psychological compensation for smaller sized body parts.

3 Likes

There is an overkill mechanic in Hearthstone but without the X, I think.

2 Likes

Oh. Awkward then. Magic has Trample too, but it’s a very narrow mechanic design wise.

1 Like

Clemency

Winter’s compassion has spoken: for now, you may live.

6 Likes

Wow, that was close!

Vote for your favorite card (make sure it is related to a monthly word before doing so, and don’t vote for your own submission, please):

• Paradox of Wisdom
  • Clemency
  • Overlooked Assassin
  • Mimi Trepany
  • Duelyst
  • Ancient Pillar
  • Schrodinger’s Pax
  • Strange Loop
  • The Forgotten Saurians
  • Pool of Life
  • Faceless Judicator
  • Whistler
  • Pathfinder Polaris

0 voters

1 Like

Can we undone our vote ? I just saw the name of my card and clicked before I read that it was the vote XD.

1 Like

You can’t undo it, but you can vote for something else instead.

1 Like

I want to publicly thank @halcyon98 for choosing tragi-comedic poetry and a fundamuntal, basic unit over some other extravagant win conditions.
Or for misclicking in the poll.

2 Likes

Can you explain the name “Mimi Trepany”?

1 Like

Just a cute girl’s name? Seemed funny enough for the “Forgotten” theme.

2 Likes

I’m a basic guy.

1 Like

I was about to post that painting

@anjosustrakr if you happen to remember it, please ping me randomly about your contests, cause I always take a look at the words, give myself some time to think, and then forget it and then die.

2 Likes

Die?! Really. Such hyperbole. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

0 Likes

Do you know nothing? Emotionally unbalanced edgelords always have a necromancer on hand to resurrect them after they kill themselves for forgetting to participate in a card design contest!

0 Likes