What's the difference between the forums, discord, or reddit for Duelyst?

Just wondering what the difference is between each place and what’s appropriate to post on each site.

Forums is like going out to a dinner because u have to try to use decent English and organize ur thoughts before posting if u want to get served. Discord is like kfc, u just shout out whatever you want to the devs and dont waste time thinking before u type out ur messages to other duelyst players ( its alot more fun and is basically whatsapp for nerds. Reddit is like tumblr, i dont use tumblr.

As a user of all three, I can agree. I would like to point out that if you want to spend time in an echo chamber, then Reddit is the place for you.

[quote=“owlington, post:2, topic:8191, full:true”]
Forums is like going out to a dinner because u have to try to use decent English and organize ur thoughts before posting if u want to get served. [/quote]

Wouldn’t have it any other way.

People pour time into their suggestions on the forum, and then into mockery and rebuttals. The crowd here tends to come down pretty hard on ad-hominems. I enjoy that, because we argue content of discussion more than anything.

On Discord, you can have a long, wonderful conversation with a Dev and realize that they’ve probably tried whatever it is you’re suggesting- and then you’ll get mocked by Paidamon, Thunder_God, and eldynamite. But it’s all in good fun. Generally, I enjoy wintermu7e’s discord more than Duelyst Official, for those dank memes. Also, Winter is a dev that loves to argue, and he’s good at it. Makes him oodles of fun, even if he is probably still on his crusade to nerf Falcius :frowning:

On the reddit… People post knee jerk reactions, have ad-hominem arguments, and if you aren’t S-Rank top 50 every month, you’re a scrublord who just needs to gitgud… I mostly find the reddit as a good source of linkage for video content or tourney sites/brackets.

Just know that the forums and discord are the best, although I’m incredibly partial to the forums. The discord is fun if you’re looking for cool people to hang out with though~

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.