Twitch and questions about streaming

Twitch has been on my list of things I want to do, for a while (months… ok maybe longer than that). But I don’t know much about Twitch or what rules there are. So I want to ask a couple of questions to people who have more knowledge or experience about the whole thing. I’ve already found a guide in terms of setting up OBS and started progress on that, so that shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

My main questions for now is, am I allowed to play any music on stream? Since I know there are programs for Twitch that show what song someone is playing on stream. So does that mean I can any song I want off things like Spotify, Itunes etc, or only songs that are copyright free or I have the music owners permission?

What is a good way to check sound levels for game and mic audio before starting a stream? Or to put another way is there a recommended sound level for them as a rough guide?

My last question for now, is there any recommended programs that I should know about, that could help out while streaming?

You can play any music you want but Twitch Vods and Youtube is copyright protected .You need the owners permission to use music in that scenario so if you intend for the stream to be watch back at a later date or putting your stream footage on youtube you need find to public domain/non copyright stuff. Just search in youtube and you should find some non copyright music.

The new streamlab OBS should be the easiest way to start streaming If you don’t have any idea of what to do.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.