Duelyst Forums

The Purification Crusade

Unless you have S.I.L.V.E.R

There has to be some random new bug related to this. There just has to be :smile:

Thinking about starting to read books-problem is i have no idea how you are supposed to figure out if a book is worth its price and your time without risking mayor spoilers. How do you figure out if a book is worth buying without getting yourself spoilered?

Also…

https://www.whichbook.net/

Same applies to everything. How do I know what cards to spend spirit on when I dont know how good they’ll be? Glares at Amaranthine Vow.

Immediately recognizable
Exceptional quality

Happy birthday, a week late!

You read the first few pages. First episode, first page, the first moment in stories is super important, and tends to be designed to be the hook. If you dont fall for the initial hook, then the either its a bad hook, in which case the story is bad, or the hook is is not for you, in which case you wouldnt have a great time reading it anyway.

So just sit down at the bookstore and read a bit.

I’ve been enjoying audiobooks recently due to how easy they’re to check out and start, only problem is the programs (like Netflix for books) are rather expensive. But split between me & my so the price is not as awful.

I hate reading. This is quite troublesome because there are a handful of books I want to consume. In the current state of media, you can only go so deep in philosophy while avoiding the matter. To ease in the practice, I am reading a visual novel, and then I will move to audiobooks, and then, maybe, I can finally learn to read.

My ex wouldnt let me pLaY with her while blasting a Tractatus audiobook in the background. I hate her

Books are great.

Prove it

I’ll write a proof in a book for you :stuck_out_tongue:

You try to bamboozle me this way, but if I try to read it and give up, then it is proof of the contrary!

The Bible is a book. :latin_cross:

An avant garde book full of fillers- sounds like something I’d like honestly.
No wait, I hate the fillers.
But, passages such as below, just, wow.

Summary

6 God has a sword, thirsty for blood and more blood, a sword hungry for well-fed flesh, Lamb and goat blood, the suet-rich kidneys of rams. Yes, God has scheduled a sacrifice in Bozrah, the capital, the whole country of Edom a slaughterhouse.

7 A wholesale slaughter, wild animals and farm animals alike slaughtered. The whole country soaked with blood, all the ground greasy with fat.

8 It’s God’s scheduled time for vengeance, the year all Zion’s accounts are settled.

9 Edom’s streams will flow sluggish, thick with pollution, the soil sterile, poisoned with waste, The whole country a smoking, stinking garbage dump -

10 The fires burning day and night, the skies black with endless smoke. Generation after generation of wasteland - no more travelers through this country!

11 Vultures and skunks will police the streets; owls and crows will feel at home there. God will reverse creation. Chaos! He will cancel fertility. Emptiness!

12 Leaders will have no one to lead. They’ll name it No Kingdom There, A country where all kings and princes are unemployed.

13 Thistles will take over, covering the castles, fortresses conquered by weeds and thornbushes. Wild dogs will prowl the ruins, ostriches have the run of the place.

14 Wildcats and hyenas will hunt together, demons and devils dance through the night. The night-demon Lilith, evil and rapacious, will establish permanent quarters.

15 Scavenging carrion birds will breed and brood, infestations of ominous evil.

16 Get and read God’s book: None of this is going away, this breeding, brooding evil. God has personally commanded it all. His Spirit set it in motion.

…One could even claim 16 to be a sign against me now…

ON TWO RANDOM ADJACENT TILES.

… no 15characters

Hey, shadowversers, judge this disgrace.

it gets a 5, i dont know what this game is, and i dont know what the 5 refers to, but it gets one.

Can’t unsee: Young Silithar has the same haircut as Donald Trump.

Bald, fiendish horns, disguising his non-humanity under a wig?