The Purification Crusade

idk
15maybe it’s so we have at least 5 second delays between shitposts

Artifact brings my hopes up…valve usualy doesn,t mess up

This place… it is the definition of darkness. We need a Purifier to end this thread, before it is too late for the universe. I SUMMON THEE, @ThanatosNoa! Bring prosperity and peace!

i swear that title is so confusing.
i wouldn’t keep my hopes up though. There’s a huge chance the game’s just over-hyped because of the “big company” and “from the creators of that old game” labels. the bare minimum goal they need to gain something out of the game is “to have a test pilot for trading card games that uses the steam market”.

With that in mind, i bet they’re going to give up the monopoly on that market and offer the platform to other developers. Said developers would actually have something at stake and would try to make something good, and that’s where my money is.

someone remember this. I’m the fricken game dev prophet. this is the future.

YOOOOOO. I HAve THE MOST LIT IDEA

SO S I L V E R RIGHT?
it’s not much atm unless it’s got tooth and/or deceptibot right?. BUT.
WHAT IF. YOOOO. WHAT If we LIONIZE it. like. Yoooo. can you imagine?
suddenly your deck is deadass THCK WITH POWER. double frenzy. double ranged. double deceptibot summons. If that’s not lit idk what is.

Yawn

Don’t get me wrong, I still have a social life and dedicate time to doing fun, unique events. I just haven’t the resources needed to plan a potentially international trip. Mayhaps if I were richer and had the time available to set aside, I’d be down for it.

One of these problems may soon be solved, however. Fingers crossed. I’ll announce the good news if it becomes official.

Imagine Bandai announcing Duelyst 2 at E3.

I heard HotG is in open beta right now.

so i’d like to ask an honest question: why is gay pride month a thing?

I wanted to answer your question, but I am genuinely scared for my life and reputation of saying something neutral about gay people so I will stay silent during this most holy of gay pride months and let our gay overlords reign supreme.

To frustrate homophobes.

My fucking internet is a bitch. It always disconnects when I have the win-con.

“The month of June was chosen for LGBT Pride Month to commemorate the Stonewall riots, which occurred at the end of June 1969. As a result, many pride events are held during this month to recognize the impact LGBT people have had in the world.” - Quoted from Wikipedia.

“The Stonewall riots (also referred to as the Stonewall uprising or the Stonewall rebellion) were a series of spontaneous, violent demonstrations by members of the gay (LGBT) community against a police raid that took place in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. They are widely considered to constitute the most important event leading to the gay liberation movement and the modern fight for LGBT rights in the United States.” - Again quoted from Wikipedia.

Whether Gay Pride month still upholds the commemoration of the riot I don’t know. Its probably moved on a bit from that towards establishing rights of Gay people in places where they are discriminated against, as well as other things. To be honest I don’t know any Gay people who do celebrate Gay Pride month. The people I know who celebrate (or do things for) Gay Pride aren’t Gay, and the people I know who are Gay don’t do anything for it.

Actually, @halcyon98 isn’t far off. Being LGBT, like many other things, has widely been under scrutiny due to it not being ‘normal’ or an influence on the majority. By dedicating time to raise awareness about it, it actively fights the subconscious notion that it is wrong.

It’s not really about frustrating anyone opposed to it, but rather making it more widely known to remove the ostracization from it being strange or unusual.

And of course there’s the ‘be proud of who you are’ aspect of it for those that are LGBT. Especially so if they are harassed for it.

There’s also what @gsvalhalla said. Although that’s more about its foundation and history than it is about continuing to raise awareness about it.

Keep in mind, however, what I’ve said is just how I understand it. I’m not claiming it as fact.

@galaxydueler

My belief: aside from the important historical aspect

Pride (the month, or in general) is about celebrating the many flavors of humanity; the love of living life, sharing happiness, and accepting others as they are. It’s about choosing what is generally considered good; which is to give your courage and support to those who are not free to express the joy of living in tranquil harmony within their own family or community.

I don’t speak for anyone but myself, but I do strongly believe in the overall goodness of the human condition…and I hope for a better tomorrow where love and comfort are available to everyone…free from any social stigma and judgment.

@longshot405, :relieved:

Okay, seeing all the nice comments here makes me want to say one thing: I have nothing against gay people, I think they are human just as much as the rest of us and that they have just as much right to pursue happiness as a straight person might. The qualm I hold against Gay Pride Month is simply that the more glamorous you make the event such as holding an entire month for it, the more you make gay or other LGBT members stand out as this special snowflake species that no one wants to interact with similar to how mentally challenged kids are treated in school.

If you want more gay acceptance, start at the individual level, the laws are almost there, but you need to show people that gay people are the same as you and me and can be good or bad but as people, not because they are gay.

Of course you do, you delicate little flower. Everything’s just sunshine and rainbows to you! Go click more heart-shaped buttons.

You @'d me, you had this coming.

Also, @phoenixtoasches how’s that for a ‘nice’ comment?

Its too late now, Thanatos is powerless, the darkness can only be purged when it reaches 10k posts.

As a bi guy, I mostly agree with this. The whole phrase “gay pride” is horribly fucked on every level. There are two ways to read it.

1. I am proud because I’m gay (which sounds like gay = good and straight = less so.)
  2. I am proud despite being gay (pretty self-explanatory.)

Honestly, the LGBTQ+ community kind of has contradictory goals. They’re super, I don’t know trying to be different, but want to be accepted as equals? Whatever. Portraying themselves the way they do and expecting to be treated as equals is pretty not parallel goals. This is why I don’t really identify with that crowd.

Gay pride month is kinda weird for me. It’s not obnoxious, and pride parades seem fun. Never attended one, and don’t really plan to, but it seems harmless.

the fact that you think this is a sign that the lgbtq+ community has not done a good job of literally fucking anything