The cat-lovers Vetruvian happy thread

I suppose. I just had been told that skyrock was literally unplayable.

Skyrock is pretty bad as a card. But only because I found myself losing because of no 2 drops I chose to run it, Same goes for ghoulie. Once a minion adds to Siroccos value and allows for metallurgist ramp/bond I’ll use it.

Have you tried Golem Vanquisher or Bloodstone Golem? The problem is Ghoulie is that it has a really weird interaction with Sirocco that it only counts as a golem when on the field. If it’s in the grave Sirroco doesn’t count it which make it fairly awkward. Golem Vanquisher is surprisingly very good when you throw in bigger Golems like Hailstone and Boulder Breacher. And Bloodstone isn’t great but isn’t that bad. As for Skyrock, I’d say just run Celebrant. It’s ramp effect is really useful for getting out your big golems early.

I guess i just prefer the aggresive play style and those cards usually slow me down or suit value more. I did try Vanquisher though, found the effect usually useful but it did hurt my curve

This is the deck I’ve been using, It has a high learning curve (you’ll want to have your positioning spot on) and you also get a lot of options for dealing with situations. (I’ve been able to steal my opponents mechazor with this deck) So far I’ve been able to climb to gold rank with this deck and i have a lot of fun using it

I have been using this one with good success and ~80% win rate, hovering around rank 30 in the S-rank division.

Just curious, but how does this contend with Midrange Magmar and old Arcanyst Faie. I’ve been scared of using my Midrange Vet deck out of fear of those two :confused:

As a Magmar main, I can tell you that Vetruvian can be a hard matchup. Many players think that Plasma Storm destroys Vet, but good Vet players are not emptying their hands against Magmar, so Magmar players have a hard time choosing when using their resources.

I think a more aggressive playstyle helps the Vetruvian player though, so you might want to shift a little bit towards aggro.

I usually try to fatigue them.

It’s not easy, but it’s not a one way game,
Tech in dioltas/allomancer, sunset and one mind control (i don’t remember the name, the 7 mana spell)

The other cards can just be the usual semi-dervish-midrange zirix build.

Any advice?

If you’re playing a zoo heavy deck like that you need ways to continue to fuel your board and take advantage of your board.

I’d recommend 2-3 Spelljammers or Sojouner, with your curve capping off at 3 you NEED card draw otherwise you’re going to burn out very quickly. Spelljammer and Sojouner both draw you cards out of your own deck as opposed to generate cards, which is important because you’r playing a mech deck.

Try throwing in 2-3 Chasis of the Mechazor if you can. It’s a fairly good card that builds up Mechazor and extends your curve just a little bit so you don’t straight up burn out.

2-3 Inner Oasis/ 2 Feralu. These cards allow you to take advantage of the you board of cheap minions. Both cards can get a ton of stats with a handful of minions on board and snowball the game.

Thanks, Ferlau is a very good addition. Jammer did wonders too.

Already gave a lot on this :wink: :

That’s a lot of Zirixz0r. Got any other decks in the vault?

I see. I run mine as an aggro deck w/ Mechaz0r as a finisher. I occasionally win games w/o summoning it too. It creates a catch-22. Save removal for Mechaz0r? Get boned by overstatted mechs and the Feralu I added. Waste removal on mechs and Feralu? Get boned by Mechaz0r. I can see why yours would work too, I just prefer going fast.

Used to, but nothing meta :slight_smile:
This season playing either a not specially original Vet, a MidRange Kaleos or an agressive burn Cass (for several season I admit, :heart: this one).

I added Feralu to my deck on AB release but finally found it wasn’t reliable enough, may give another try.

Fellow nobles of houses great and small.

To commemorate this day of most recent spoilers, I urge you to go out today and build a sand castle as tribute.

Or if you’re to occupied, search the great dunes of Da Webz for sand kittie pictures and share them here.

For there if much to rejoice.

TLDR; aw yiss!!1

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.boredpanda.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F07%2Fsand-cats-kittens-forever-15.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boredpanda.com%2Fsand-cats-kittens-forever%2F&docid=MT7IpPdQZalqYM&tbnid=iwOhrMIzbP2FYM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjVlJnhh-PUAhVk4oMKHT7YBNcQMwiIASgHMAc..i&w=880&h=660&bih=559&biw=375&q=sand%20cat&ved=0ahUKEwjVlJnhh-PUAhVk4oMKHT7YBNcQMwiIASgHMAc&iact=mrc&uact=8

Here’s a little link to the Sand Cats

Anyone making decks for the so far spoiled cards?

Personally I’m waiting for at least one more Vet Spoil before attempting to devise anything