Sir Althur's Abyssian lists; Volume I

Introduction

Before I begin, I’d like to make a small introduction. :smile_cat:

Hello and welcome to the first volume of Abyssian decklists which I plan to compose, test and share with you good people of the community every now and then.

Not many know me amongst the community, but I am known as Althur in game and I am exclusively an Abyssian player.
I got into Duelyst back in January and since April I consistently hit S rank every season. As of now (9/10) I currently possess 17 Abyssian ribbons.

When I started playing the game I was immediately drawn to the Abyssian faction because of all of the different approaches and playstyles it presented at the time. Ever since, I like to make unique decks, each with it’s own flavour and refine them to be competitive enough to at the very least take into S rank.

Now without further ado I present before you these fine decks I made this season after the release of Shimzar;

Decklists

[details=Oblivion Sphere]

• Competitiveness - High

• Intro

This is the deck I generally used to climb this season and would consider it my main deck.

After undergoing many changes, I believe it finally reached it’s peak where you can play it at your own pace and alternate between reactive and proactive plays.

The list is not easy to pilot, requiring very careful judgement but in the right hands should be able to deal with most match ups.
Pretty swell if I say so myself. :smirk_cat:

• Game Plan

The goal of the deck is to board control and accumulate shadow creep to power up Juggernauts, Ghost Azalea and Obliterate.

Against faster decks you will have to clear the board and rely on various healing until they run out of steam, whilst in slower match ups you have the option to lay back and slowly build creep until inevitably obliterating.

• How Do You Function?!

Early game will consist of generating creep using Crawler and OOz and removing smaller enemy threats using the various pings available to us.
This includes; Sphere of Darkness, Bloodtear, Lure, Skorn and our BBS.

Later in the game we have access to Dark Transformation, Shroud, Lure and Spectral Revenant to clear bigger threats and Obliterate to clear the whole board.

Our own threats consist of Juggernaut, Klaxon and once again, Revenant which is just enough considering we spend most of the time board controlling.

We have a few forms of healing available to us all throughout the game.
They come in the forms of Void Pulse and Kelaino, who can combo with other cards for additional healing (see Important Synergies).

Ghost Azalea is a strong, often unexpected, finisher but can be used for removal in a pinch.

Grasp of the Agony is usually underestimated as you can somewhat easily play around it. It can however combo with other cards to clear the board or push for lethal (see Important Synergies).

Klaxon can generate a lot of creep very fast and thus is the main tool for creep generation after the first Obliterate.

In the late game we keep controlling the board as well as summoning big threats for the opponent to deal with. With all the tools in our disposal we only have to live long enough to draw an Obliterate to close out the game.

• Important Synergies

Lure + Grasp for an easy board clear.

Kelaino + Pulse for a 4 hp heal.

Dark Transformation + Grasp for removing smaller threats circling a big one.

BBS + OOz to generate creep on an enemy space during late game for chip damage.

Skorn + OOz to generate an extra creep tile on an enemy space.

Skorn + Grasp to clear 4 hp bodies.

Sphere + BBS for 2 damage.

Sphere + Bloodtear for 2 damage.

Kelaino + Revenant attacking a minion to heal for 2 and deal 4 face damage.

Grasp + Revenant killing a minion near the general for a clear and 7 damage burst.

Rite + 1 drop on turn 6 so you don’t burn a card.

Kelaino + Skorn for a 1 hp heal for every enemy hit.

Kelaino + Obliterate for a full board clear and large scale heal.

[/details]

[details=Lurking Nether]

• Competitiveness - Medium

• Intro

I wanted to make this list ever since they revealed Lurking Fear.

The deck has more than one win condition and often very fast hands.

The list performs best when Lurking Fear is played early, making following turns very strong and puts us ahead in tempo. On the other hand when Lurking Fear doesn’t see play early, turns tend to be slower and we usually struggle not to fall behind on tempo.

Luckily we can still hold our own thanks to our many synergies and cards which generate extra/infinite value, ie. Sarlac, Nether Summoning.

For the most part the list is very strong but will have a difficult time against faster, more aggressive face decks.

• Game Plan

The idea is to play threats like Gnasher, Reaper of the 9 Moons and Klaxon a few turns earlier than intended and take advantage of their dying wish effects using Consuming Rebirth and Nether Summoning.

If you managed to reach late game and still haven’t won fear not, for you have another win condition just waiting to be drawn. Of course I’m talking about Obliterate which can and will hit for 20ish worth of damage!

We can thank Klaxon for that because between all the Consuming Rebirths, Nether Summonings and simply her naturally dying, most of the board is shadow creep by now. So ripperu and gg. :joy_cat:

• How Do You Function?!

We usually start off with a Healing Mystic, Sarlac or Lurking Fear (which we always want to play when going first).

Our early game will consist of summoning threats and getting as much value as possible.

We always try to play Lurking Fear along with something else (except on turn 1 going first) to get some kind of board going and not fall behind on tempo too much.

Playing on curve and cycling our hand with Spheres should be enough to not run out of steam before we draw a RIte which will refuel us later.

Consuming rebirth has many synergies within the deck and especially good on Gnasher and Klaxon.

Speaking of Gnasher, he is amazing in this deck! With consuming rebirth in hand, you can trigger his effect at will. This allows you for example to hit face for 3, trigger his effect for another 3 and still have a 4/4 body which can explode for another 3 AOE damage!

Lure, Ephemeral Shroud, Dark Transformation, Gnasher and Revenant along with Sarlac, Spheres and our BBS should be enough to board control though for the most part we are on the offensive when possible.

Kelaino and Healing Mystics should be able to sustain our health throughout the match while our provokes protect us from harm.

Given the nature of the deck, Klaxon will die a lot thus generating creep very quickly. This means that we have the option to play a second Obliterate with about as much power as the first, something that a more standard creep list, like Oblivion Sphere, cannot do.
But usually you won’t get that far.

Nether Summoning is going to be a key part in our victory as the more value you manage to pull out of it the more you pressure your opponent.

All in all we have many threats and combos in the late game to secure us a win and a grand finisher in case they don’t.

• Important Synergies

BBS + Sarlac for an extra creep tile during late game.

Consuming Rebirth + Gnasher for a +1/+1 and a whooping 3 AOE damage! (essentially a DeathBlighter effect)

Consuming Rebirth + Sarlac for a +1/+1 and another Sarlac.

Consuming Rebirth + Klaxon for a +1/+1 and 6 free creep tiles!

Consuming Rebirth + low hp minion to save it from death in some situations, like saving a Kelaino, or to undispell a dispelled minion.

Nether Summoning + Reaper of The 9 Moons after trading to get 3 minions; whatever came out of Reaper, whatever Reaper killed and a brand new Reaper!

Lure + Gnasher trade = board clear.

[/details]

[details=Ghost Rite]

• Intro

Ghost of the Undervault or Ghost Rite, if you will, is a “fast cass” deck variant. I made it after playing around with the slower, Oblivion Sphere list and got impatient, desiring a faster, more aggressive creep deck.

The list is indeed faster donning a very low curve and has control potential while being naturally aggressive.

Unlike the Oblivion Sphere variant which focuses on Obliterate as a win condition, this version leans towards Ghost Azalea as a finisher.

Going face is frequently the right call considering the healing and the damage we are equipped with, allowing us to often race even the most aggressive decks out there.

I think it’s a very strong and fun list especially for climbing since the matches are naturally shorter.

• Game Plan

The idea is to play cheap cards and accumulate creep asap in order to redraw the whole hand with Rite and bop the enemy general for tons of damage with Ghost.

Our many artifacts allow us to board control when needed and go face freely to get ahead in hp. Along with various pings and bursts of damage throughout the match we quickly reach the lethal turn.

We also posses all the tools for board control, however we usually want to deal face damage whenever we can without losing tempo.

Our win condition comes often in the forms of Ghost, Revenant, Spectral Blade chain, Pulse chain, Grasp chain or more rarely Obliterate.

• How Do You Function?!

Our first few turns often resemble the playstyle of a standard control creep deck, ie. Oblivion Sphere, where we play creep generators; ie. Crawler and OOz, and attempt to board control early.

Using various pings including; Bloodtear, Sphere, Lure and our BBS, we can easily dispatch smaller threats and get ahead on board.

Immediately after we probably want to start getting some face damage in. This is usually done with a Spectral Blade(s) and pulses.

Blood Siren allows us to deal free face damage without losing any board or artifact charges.

Often in order to play on curve do not hesitate to use your pings on the enemy general’s face as chip damage gets us closer to lethal.

Ghost should be equipped when we have at least 3 or more shadow creep allowing us to hit for 5+ damage. It can be used for board control as well but it is important to use at least one of the charges to go face.

Kelaino and Void Pulse along with the healing from Spectral Blade should sustain our health quite consistently throughout the match.

As per usual we have Dark Transformation, Lure, Shroud and Revenant to deal with the bigger threats and Obliterate, if it comes to it, along with Grasp to clear the board.

Rite is our go to card, I mean… it’s practically half of the deck’s title… we always want to keep one ready as our hands run out pretty quickly.

Long story short, we clear the board when it’s the right call, we go face whenever our hand is proactive and we bop for tons of damage using Ghost(s) when enough creep is accumulated.

• Important Synergies

Bloodtear + BBS for 2 damage.

Kelaino + Pulse for a 4 hp heal.

Kelaino + Spectral Blade killing a minion for 3 hp heal.

Grasp + Revenant killing a minion near the general for a clear and 7 damage burst.

Rite + 1 drop on turn 6 so you don’t burn a card.

Spectral Blade + Spectral Blade for 6 damage and 4 hp heal on minion kill.

Ghost + Ghost for tons of damage x2!

[/details]

[details=Spell Creep]

• Competitiveness - Low

• Intro

I was inspired to build this deck when trying to run Shadow Nova in the early days of Shimzar, still adapting to the new creep mechanic.

Shadow Nova was always a negative tempo play.
Before Shimzar it would use up your whole turn to deal at least 4 damage and build towards a finisher but not contributing to your board in any other way.
Post Shimzar Nova is even worse in that regard as all it practically does is build creep, when we have much more cost efficient ways to do it now.

Thus I concluded that Shadow Nova won’t do any good in any standard creep list (i.e Oblivion Sphere).

However this made me think that maybe there is a deck out there which can make Nova work given it has enough support to counteract the tempo loss.
And thanks to Darkspine Elemental and some spell cycling cards I managed to make such a deck which after some more tinkering evolved into a burn deck variant. Kudos to me? :smiley_cat:

• Game Plan

Our goal is to feed one of two finishers by building creep relatively fast and board control using a variety of spells.

We want to use Spheres and Novas while under the effect of Darkspine(s) in order to deal chip face damage or to clear some smaller threats.

Alcuin and Twilight Sorcerer recycle some of our spells to further burn the opponent with small bursts of damage.

The list plays somewhat defensively while doing aggressive plays which push for lethal. Darkspine is important enough to sometimes save to combo with a Sphere or a Nova which along with Pulses can be recycled later.

The idea of a defensive burn deck is very interesting and fun to play with and it certainly is different from a standard creep deck but also more straining as you struggle to stay alive long enough to deliver the finishing blow.

• How Do You Function?!

Early game you want to start dealing chip damage with various pings and put some creep generation to work with Crawler and OOz.

Establishing a Darkspine or two early can be healthy given you have enough Spheres/Novas to justify having them on board, open for removal.

You will sometimes rather retreat back and try to ping your opponent from afar.

Some combinations of spells along with the chip damage from creep is enough to take out most smaller threats and clear the board. As per usual we have Lure, Dark Transformation, Revenant and Obliterate to clear out the rest.

In the late game Twilight Sorcerer and Alcuin allow us to chain some spells together to deal bursts of damage before we can finish the opponent up with a Revenant, Ghost or Obliterate.

To sum up, you are going to play a slow controlling game that will lead to one big finisher in one way or another. Sure has a different feeling to it though compared to other creep lists.

• Important Synergies

Darkspine + Sphere for a 2/4/8 ping.

Darkspine + Nova for a 2/4/8 AoE.

Sphere + Alcuin to ping the enemy general another turn, with a Darkspine on board.

Pulse + Alcuin + Pulse chain allows to burn for 4 and heal for 6.

Sphere + Alcuin + Sphere for two separate pings and cycles.

Grasp + Alcuin + Grasp for a 6 damage burst.

Nova + Ghost for a huge “bop” to their face.

[/details]

[details=Blood Wraiths]

• Intro

Originally this is a product of another deck of the same name which proved to be too inconsistent and failed to do what it was supposed to often enough.

The aforementioned deck followed two strategies, one of which consisted of using the Baronette with a buffed wraithling for some kind of OTK.

Eventually I decided to split the deck into two separate lists, each to follow it’s original goal.

The more I committed to the Baronette OTK plan the less consistent the deck remained. And so I decided to turn it into a consistent list which can run Baronette but not necessarily revolve around her.

The results are quite pleasing. I really enjoyed making and playing this deck.

Fun fact; notice the "Blood"
theme following various cards :syringe:

• Game Plan

Essentially this is a zoo deck.
We establish a strong board and use various buffs to sufficiently trade.

Reaching the late game, we have Shadow Dancer to chip at the opponents HP one wraithling at the time and keep us healthy.
Our win condition is usually either a gang up with a buffed board, Shadow Dancer burn or Revenant.

The deck seems like a simple swarm but requires careful positioning and smart trades to work. In the end it feels very zooish but also quite rewarding to play.

• How Do You Function?!

We begin by establishing a board and buff it with Shiro.

Essentially we want to summon a bunch of minions that buff each other and thus snowball.

Using Blood Siren and Sun Elemental we can get some very nice trades on board and control it.

With smart positioning Shiro and MIrkblood will buff our board and get out of hand very quickly, gradually building a threatening opposition for the opponent to deal with.

Finally, Shadow Dancer along with a Revenant will usually close the game for us if Crescendo doesn’t.

• Important Synergies

Mirkblood + BBS for up to two 2/2 wraithlings.

Mirkblood + Priestess for more 2/2 wraithlings.

Sun Elemental + BBS for two 1/3 wraithlings.

Baronette + 2/2 wraithling for a 4/4 body.

Baronette + 1/3 wraithling for a 2/6 body.

Baronette + Crescendo wraithling for a huge body, possible OTK.

Shiro + Priestess for several 2/1 wraithlings.

Shiro + Shiro for 2/4 bodies which constantly buff each other and everything around them.

Shiro + Mirkblood for a 3/4 and a 2/5 bodies which can potentially buff other minions for +2/+1.

Mirkblood + Revenant for a 7/7 Rush.

[/details]

[details=Void Swarm]

• Intro

Originally this is the other product of a deck (the old Blood Wraiths) which proved to be too inconsistent and failed to do what it was supposed to often enough.

The aforementioned deck followed two strategies, one of which consisted of using Void Steal to get ahead on board in various ways and be both aggressive and reactive at the same time.

Eventually I decided to split the deck into two separate lists, each to follow it’s original goal.

This resulted in a strong midrange deck with swarm tactics, control and a lot of unexpected burst.
In some cases you might consider this OP and I’m not gonna blame you.

• Game Plan

The goal here is to effectively get some buffable board presence in the courtesy of our BBS and Kron but also take advantage of Void Steal and Blood Siren to control with Nightsorrow Assassin and Zen’rui.

Using all the tools at our disposal we can board control effectively without losing tempo.

The win condition often consists of some form of Void Steal gang up or a Spectral Revenant finisher.

• How Do You Function?!

Right of the bat we want to establish board presence we can buff with Shiro or Void Steal. We want to use Spectral Blade, Siren, Primus Fist and Void Steal to trade effectively.

Night Sorrow and Zenrui can help remove early threats and you can sometimes prep the target you want to remove with Void Steal the turn before while buffing a minion(s) on the way.

I say it a lot but especially in these kind of decks, positioning is key!
A well positioned Shiro or Void Steal will give us a strong board we can use to trade or go face.

It also helps that we can control the exact position of our Void Steal target with Lure.

I have a lot of respect for Blood Siren and in this deck she especially shines, combos aside, as you can deal a lot of face damage without losing any board, or artifact charges.

Stealing an enemy minion with Zen’rui can be quite devastating for the opponent as well as simply removing it with a Nightsorrow Assassin.

Basically almost everything we do puts us ahead in tempo.
Many times you will notice a lethal out of nowhere with a Void Steal in hand and should always look for them.

• Important Synergies

Blood Siren + Spectral Blade on the enemy general or 2 attack minion to conserve an extra charge on the artifact and deal free damage.

Siren + Nightsorrow for easy removal.

Void Steal + Nightsorrow for an easy removal and a potential AOE buff.

Siren + Zen’rui for an effective steal.

Void Steal + Zen’rui for a less effective steal but potential AOE buff.

Lure + Void Steal to get a perfect buffing position and get rid of the threat.

Void Steal + Void Steal = tons of damage!!! :scream_cat:

[/details]

Note; Ranging between High and Low, Competitiveness is here to demonstrate how well can a list fare in S rank.

• High - Works on a high competitive level. Can be used to climb in S rank with a good win rate. Easily can be considered to take into the tournament scene.

• Medium - Can be taken to S rank with a higher than average win rate and even climb but also can struggle against different match ups and see just as many loses.

• Low - Will struggle against top tier decks and have a 50% win rate at most. Mainly meant for fun but can still work to some degree in S rank.

History & Changes

Last Update; [9/10]

[12/09 ; post created]

[16/09 ; updated decklists & improved post quality, added better deck descriptions]

[25/09 ; updated Oblivion Sphere and Lurking Fear decklists & added a new decklist - Ghost Rite - to the volume]

[28/09 ; updated Void Swarm decklist]

[7/10 ; updated decklists & improved post quality]

[9/10 ; fixed typos, improved descriptions and removed “Old” lists from “The Library” only leaving the last edit for each decklist, also linked Volume II featuring budget lists]

The Library

Here you are welcome to check out older versions of the lists above in case you might like them better or want to use some of them as templates for deckbuilding.

Note; Currently only showing the last edit of each deck. If people are going to request to see the full history of the lists to take example from older versions, I will consider bringing them back in a separate thread.

Outdated Lists:

[details=Old Oblivion Sphere v3]

Edit; After a lot of experimentation with different card ratios and additions to the list in attempt to improve it I found out a few things.

Firstly, two Bloodtears are absolutely marvellous in Cass because not only they provide an additional ping, they also allow us to ping whenever our BBS is on cooldown. Two Spectral Blades which often felt a bit out of place make room for the two Bloodtears.

Secondly, I tried to run two Krons and three Juggers but found the former to be too awkward in many cases, as we try to board control on turn 5 and after we have Klaxon, the latter being fine but slightly situational.
Thus I concluded that two Juggers and one Ghost is just fine and Krons are unnecessary.

Nether Summoning while really good, is often a bit too situational.
I decided to swap it for a third Rite which allows me to replace/mulligan it out early with confidence to draw it later more consistently.

Also I tried running the list without Skorns and found that although they pose friendly fire, especially with several 2/1s in the list, they still synergies extremely well with Kelaino and the other Pings and are definitively worth keeping for control’s sake.

[/details]

[details=Old Lurking Nether v3]

Edit; Void Hunters felt a bit too lackluster despite the synergies within the deck. Playing them on turn 2 as player one is just awful and not that great on turn 1 as player two either.
For curve and consistency’s sake, I decided to scrap them as well as two Spectral Blades, which once again felt a bit out of place, in favour of 3 Healing Mystics and a third Shroud.

Ritual Banishing was very awkward every time I didn’t have Sarlac and simply didn’t have any other good targets. Swapped for a couple of Dark Transformations as a hard removal option.

Lastly I decided to add another Reaper instead of a Dioltas as a better “4 drop”.

It’s quite tricky figuring how to curve out when deckbuilding this list as each Dying Wish minion is essentially at least 1 mana cheaper than the original curve suggests.

Overall the list lost a few of it’s synergies but is more consistent now.

[/details]

[details=Old Spell Creep v2]

Edit; As much as I hate to admit it, Abjudicators proved to be inefficient even in a spell focused deck. The list itself seemed a bit boring to me so I looked into making it more interesting. I decided to turn it into a “slow” burn deck variant to have a more unique flavour to it.

As such I added two Alcuins in favour of two Abjudicators to enable spell chaining for more burst. One Revenant and one Rite are Scrapped for two Twilight Sorcerers which recycle our spells, giving hand advantage as well as more spell chaining and something to play on turn 5.

Two Bloodtears are added because they work so well in Cass and the third Abjudicator along with one Grasp can make room for them.

Finally one Nova and one Ghost make room for two Shrouds which are much needed in Abyssian and I can’t believe I didn’t include them before.

The list has some nice combos now and feels more unique though still
can and will lose the race sometimes against fast aggressive decks or even against control given they pressure us with threats we have no answers to.

[/details]

[details=Old Blood Wraiths]

Edit; To add more power in the mid - late game and enable a more consistent Baronette synergy, I decided to add another Crescendo in favour of 1 Spectral Blade.

Later I scrapped the remaining Blades for 2 Ritual Banishing as a hard removal option.

Also Mystics and 1 Dancer make room for 3 Lures - a core card in Abyssian in my opinion and I can’t believe I didn’t include it before.

[/details]

[details=Old Void Swarm v2]

Edit; Firstly, I cut 1 Shiro and 1 Spectral Blade for 2 Primus Fists for a more versatile 2 drop option.

Then I swapped 1 Soj for 1 Rite because Soj is often dispelled and simply doesn’t offer enough card draw in such a combo driven deck.

Finally, 3 Nightsorrows seemed a bit too situational even with all the synergies so I cut 1 to add a third Kron for additional swarm and board value.

The list feels as powerful as ever but falls to other lists which can control or deal damage from a distance since our main win condition requires our minions to be in hit range.

[/details]

[details=Old Ghost Rite]

Edit; For a slightly better curve I decided to make room for two Blood Sirens instead of 1 Revenant and 1 Bloodtear.
Two Bloodtears are for the most part the perfect fit and the same can be said about Revenants.

Sirens work well with the artifacts within the list as she allows us to deal damage without losing charges.

The list is still very strong and can get you very far if you prefer a faster, more aggressive approach to creep.

[/details]

That is all for now ladies and gentleman.

If you folks like any of my lists please leave a like and spread the word :smile_cat:
Don’t be shy and feel free to review, criticise and ask questions in the comments.

If anyone desires a more in depth analysis of one of the decks regarding card choices, mulligans and alternative budget picks, leave a reply below.

For the newer players looking into the Abyssian faction I recommend you start off with one of the budget lists featured in Volume II

Regards,
Sir Althur ;3

I faced you today, you was running the Spell Creep list. Seems to be a really fun deck. Every list with Abjudicator seems fun to me to be honest :smiley:

Goot to see you ;3
True, Abjudicator allows a lot of combos which is pretty fun as long as you don’t run out of steam.

Nice decks. I’ll try them for sure.
Kepp up the good work, update, and post more S-rank decks if you manage to make some. :wink:

Will do kind sir will do :ok_hand:

Hit diamond easily yesterday with a list similar to your void steal one (except more aggressive). It’s a strong and underrated archetype IMO, was a lot more successful than all my attempts at duplicating sarlacs (dangit I need to get that to work!). The other lists are interesting, I would like to try the lurking fear one especially but I can only craft 3 of the 7 legendaries I’m missing. Something to work towards I guess.

These lists look really enjoyable! Glad to see they turned out so well from the testing :wink: Looking forward to seeing your other amazing decks. Maybe ill encounter you on ladder with you playing them. BTW, you are a godly name-creator.

Thanks mate ;3
I’m gonna update soon, I’m trying to tweak the lists to be more consistent and versatile in different match ups.

As an Abyssian faction main too, I love your lists! I will definitely try some out :stuck_out_tongue: Keep it up! : D

Is kron not a good addition to your oblivion sphere deck?

The thing is the list is a very tight fit, there is almost no room to work with without ruining the curve, the amount of control and the synergies.
I did countless testings to reach this, so called “perfect” state, and found that you don’t really need Kron or other 5 drops for the most part, nor you can fit them.
I believe the one flexible card in this deck is Nether Summoning, which you can swap for a Kron if you really want to. I can’t say which other card(s) you may cut to find place for more Krons tbh.

I would like to announce that the next volume is gonna feature budget decks for all of you newer players and those who cannot afford those expensive, legnedary - heavy lists.

Stay tuned for when I’m gonna post Volume II next season.

Regards,
Sir Althur ;3

Great thread man. I’d love to see your replays to learn. Can you accept my invite?

Thanks for this guide. Used your oblivion sphere deck as a base then modified it a bit. Finally reached S-rank!

http://imgur.com/7wRAW7B

Help with Lilithe Swam Deck

Really glad to hear :smile_cat:
Good job on reaching S rank friend, the deck is not easy to pilot.
I would appreciate if you credit me if anyone aks and spread the word, thanks.

Ragards,
Althur ;3

Thanks for these lists and pieces of advice.
Most of my experience with Abyssian comes from gauntlet as I don’t have enough spirit to do anything with them yet:
I always thought that void steal would go well with baronettes, but I suppose that void steal+void steal is a more flexible combo indeed :slight_smile: .
The second Lilithe list seems interesting, and doesn’t use too many specific legendaries. Why don’t you use ritual banishing at all with Lilithe?

For the first list, Blood Wraiths, you generally want to use your board for clearing threats like any other zoo deck. As such you don’t really need RB and it can be difficult to fit without losing burst, buffs or minion presence.
For the second list, Void Swarm, you have so many control combos for removal(i.e Void Steal + Assassin) that additional removal is just unnecessary.

That being said, I am planning to update the lists for this season and so will see if more removal is needed.
Also I am going to post the second volume this month featuring budget lists so you can rest assured to find some list you can play amongst them.

Take care,
Althur ;3

would wind runners work as substitute for Mirkbloods in a budget version of the blood Baronette deck?
They would be a bit more flexible, but it would make them much less resilient during the first enemy turn.

Yes, Windrunners can work as a budget alternative but they are more prone to removal as the difference between 3 and 4 hp is significant enough.

I’ve been trying out a version of your blood swarm deck, and I have been getting amazing results with it, especially with current meta threats like Mech Kara an Aggro Zirix :smile:! I can’t tell you how good it feels to shadow reflection a wraithling + blood baronette it for lethal, or to place down a deathfire crescendo on an unsuspecting enemy ^^. I don’t think much people are giving Lilithe credit these days: while she may not be able to pull of a full swarm at times, she can still benefit a lot from having just a couple of threats on the board~