Ryan's Stupidest Decks: CYCLONE OTK SAJJ!

Before we start, we must thank Counterplay Games for introducing the Boss Caliber-O. As we all know, he has this thing called a Cyclone Mask. This is a 0 mana Artifact that gives your General Celerity.

Guess which minion can give you that Artifact?

Grincher.

It’s a new age, ladies and gentlemen. One where you can literally OTK someone with the following convoluted and amazingly set up combo:

Autarch’s Gifts: Hexblade and Staff of Y’kir (Gives your General +5 Attack).

Your General is now 7 Attack.

Grincher (the turn before) -> Cyclone Generator (Your General Gains Celerity)

Your General can now deal 14 damage.

Aurora’s Tears: 7 Attack -> 13 Attack.

Your General now deals 26 Attack.

All for the low low cost of: 7 MANA?!

But let’s say you got a really shitty pull from Autarch’s. Lets say you got Spinecleaver + Ankh (lowest possible attack).

That’s 3 Attack + Cyclone Generator + Auroras = possibly 18 Damage (yawn).

BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE

ABJUDICATOR (THE TURN BEFORE) -> TIME MAELSTROM = 2 MANA

THAT MEANS:

AUTARCH’S GIFTS (6) + AURORA’S TEARS (1) + TIME MAELSTROM (2) = 9 MANA

AND THIS ALLOWS YOU TO ATTACK FOR NOT ONCE, NOT TWICE, BUT FOUR TIMES, FOR A TOTAL OF:

9 x 4 = 36!

THE OTK DECK

I personally am mega hyped to get Cyclone Generator every single turn I run Grincher, as that will totally happen 100% of the time.

Oh yea I forgot to ask whether that was intended or not (after playing against it like 3 times, thanks to Gauntlet Grinchers) but if it was, that’s the sneakest artifact decks mini-buff in the history of any CCG (that I played at least…)

I believe the bug has been fixed. No Cyclone Mask memes are possible.

Don’t really see why it is a bug and why it has/must be fixed. This artifact is by no means OP and just adds an interesting dimension to generals.

NOOOOoooooOOOOooooOOOoOOooOOooooOOOOOoooo

PS (because of forum popup): No it’s not a complete sentence, it’s a scream that conveys more meaning than 1 sentence ever could.

It isn’t fixed, you can still meme: https://www.reddit.com/r/duelyst/comments/5rzh7y/fyi_grincher_once_again_gives_you_cyclone/

Yea, it is being a tricky thing to fix, we will be addressing it shortly and hopefully have it properly fixed this time.

Leave it in!

I don’t use Grincher but I just love the unique idea of a card that can get hidden artifacts!

None of this is objectively speaking, just love the idea :laughing:

I didn’t play the game from 1.79 untill this patch, so i have stupid question. Is Grincher now gives new artifact or it was joke ?

No, it can. But it’s a glitch CPG is working on fixing, and certainly not reliable.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.