Revisiting a QoL topic - Replay viewpoint (and now Spectate)

I was wondering about the community’s thoughts on choosing the viewpoint during replays. Found a similar topic here but it hasn’t really seen much traffic as far a discussion. Is there a specific design reason for not being able to switch between players’ hands? I see no detriment to the game being able to learn from both players.

Of course with the new spectate mode, if you could see both players’ hands it would be possible to inform your friend in a chat of the other player’s cards. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Edit: because I’m an idiot!
̶T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶t̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶m̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶d̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶.̶

I think it would be simple (notwithstanding the coding effort) to be able to click on each player’s avatar to switch viewpoint.

I’m sure I may have missed some concerns in this short post, so feel free to help me out. :grin:

P.S. I hope my friends do not wish to learn anything from my matches, because I’m pretty sure I would be a horrible role model.

Wow. Nobody has an opinion on this? Well ok then…

Well I think it’s a good idea. It would be awesome if they did something like that for replays just so I wouldn’t have to friend my opponent just to get the match from their perspective.

From what I read, they are/will be working on a way to show two hands. They talked about it on the last roundtable.

you can just tell him on skype or other chat services, that is no solution to spectate snipe. replays should give you the option to see the other guy hand but not in spactate

I never have time to follow or participate in the roundtables. That’s good to know.

Lol! Yeah, I completely forgot about chat services! I haven’t used one since AIM was a thing. See? I knew I would forget something vital.