Duelyst Forums

Random Music Thread

Uzumaki’s trailer track;

This comes from a trilogy of albums- New History Warfare volumes 1, 2 and 3, featuring anxious rhythms through avant garde sax.
In the same album, Collin Stetson plays To See More Light, and all of it was played live and alone. Like, he did it all, even the singing, with a throat mic. Dude’s a beast.

Continuing my classical explorations, Ravel is pretty good:

Oh hey I remember you, you made some free writing in one of my threads, and also you recommended me a french book i have not read
Hows it going? Whatcha up to? Happy cakeday

2 Likes

If that “free writing” is what I think it is, it was a quote from a video game cutscene in which a character is having a bad trip. : )

I’ll recommend another book to you - The Melancholy of Mechagirl.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Short, catchy punk song (1993):

1 Like

These are actually one 25-minute song (there’s a bit a couple
of minutes in where it kind of sags, but that ends soon enough).

Random facts:

• This was inspired by a Korean comic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest_(manhwa)
  • The song is in 2 parts because “According to Portnoy, the band felt it was too long to open the album, but did not want to close the album with a long song, as they had with… their last album.”
  • The band’s guitarist described it at the time as “the epitome of a Dream Theater creation.” (That was 12 years and 4 albums ago.)
2 Likes

Can’t stop listening to this :smiley: It is amazing!

1 Like

Aah, you got the opening of pt.1 playing in my head now. Nice one! I always liked especially the Chaos in Motion version.

1 Like
1 Like

Tupac’s got some things to say to the children.
(This isn’t so much a recommendation as a well-here’s-a-thing.)

Fun fact: Despite the lyrics, Tupac’s father is not dead.
1 Like

I mostly like the intro, but hey, we like 8-bit things around here, right?

1 Like

From this band’s second album, released just 20 years after their first:

(It’s a side project for all the members.)

1 Like

It’s everyone’s favorite band, Insane Clown Posse - yay!

They’re actually pretty good.

I’m kidding.

Fun fact: ICP are fans of modern board games and have released a reportedly
decent ICP-themed deck-building game (that’s this, not a TCG) on their label.
1 Like

(This might not be the actual video I saw a couple of years ago - several people had
this idea - but it’s probably not very different. I wouldn’t bother with the full song, BTW.)

Fun fact: The song’s lyrics are in English, Russian, and Latin.
Unfun fact: The female singer died in 2015.
1 Like

(Not a “metal” song.) This isn’t how the titular phrase is usually used in pop music.

1 Like

Warning: This song contains profanity. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
1 Like

I didn’t enjoy that, but it did get me to listen to “Bad Guy” in preparation.

1 Like

I googled “Studying and Sleeping.” Apparently that’s a phrase people put in video titles. Do people actually sleep with music on?

Do you folks listen to music (or should I say, have music playing) while you do tasks that require focused attention? If so, do you come away familiar with the music?

1 Like