Quotes, Quotes and more Quotes

“heal is cheat”
“heal is cheap”

“I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“Trust no one.”

This quote is a paradox.

“Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.”
― Garrison Keillor

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
― Dr. Seuss

subahibi? :lizard:

6.4311 Death is not an event of life. Death is not lived through.

Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico Philosophicus

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” - Arthur C. Clarke

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
― Haruki Murakami

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.”
― Jim Henson

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
― Dr. Seuss

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.”
― Paul Terry

“I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough…”
― Nicholas Sparks

“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

Im just gonna keep dropping Wittgenstein quotes related to the ones I find here I guess

6.124 The logical propositions describe the scaffolding of the world, or rather they present it. They “treat” of nothing. They pre- suppose that names have meaning, and that elementary propositions have sense. And this is their connexion with the world. It is clear that it must show something about the world that certain combinations of symbols—which essentially have a definite character—are tautologies. Herein lies the decisive point. We said that in the symbols which we use much is arbitrary, much not. In logic only this expresses: but this means that in logic it is not we who express, by means of signs, what we want, but in logic the nature of the essentially necessary signs itself asserts. That is to say, if we know the logical syntax of any sign language, then all the propositions of logic are already given.

6.125 It is possible, even in the old logic, to give at the outset a description of all “true” logical propositions.

6.1251 Hence there can never be surprises in logic.

6.126 Whether a proposition belongs to logic can be determined by determining the logical properties of the symbol. And this we do when we prove a logical proposition. For without troubling ourselves about a sense and a meaning, we form the logical propositions out of others by mere symbolic rules. We prove a logical proposition by creating it out of other logical propositions by applying in succession certain operations, which again generate tautologies out of the first. (And from a tautology only tautologies follow.) Naturally this way of showing that its propositions are tautologies is quite unessential to logic. Because the propositions, from which the proof starts, must show without proof that they are tautologies.

6.1261 In logic process and result are equivalent. (Therefore no surprises.)

6.1262 Proof in logic is only a mechanical expedient to facilitate the recognition of tautology, where it is complicated.

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
― Dr. Seuss

“It’s better to be hanged for loyalty than be rewarded for betrayal.” -Valknu, Thirteen Aspects

“There is something unspeakably sinister about a machine that does nothing—absolutely nothing—except switch itself off”

-Arthur C. Clarke

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

“You do not need to know someone to love them”