Duelyst Forums

Quotes, Quotes and more Quotes

“ALL good things must come to an end.”
Geoffrey Chauncer, with CPG wording

4 Likes

" I really don’t care. But I still play."

Anonymous

4 Likes

“It’s over A*****, I have the high ground!” - Some dude who underestimated A*****'s power

3 Likes

finally, i get my vacations, now i can relax and forget about this year

7 Likes

Wait… is this thread just invincible now?

“What is dead may never die.”
-Name the author of this quote

4 Likes

recovering from these repeat mishaps make us stronger. it has been true in my life

3 Likes

Very true, unfortunately not all ever have that chance to recover. I’d say the opposite is more often true. There is also a danger in using the quote (by Nietzsche) to carelessly overestimate the freedom we have over our lives, stigmatizing those who have not been given out favorable cards in life. I’m in no way trying to say this phenomenon (strength in adversities) is never true, I have actually written a thesis about a very similar subject :slight_smile:

1 Like

A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.

The secret to your success is determined by your daily agenda.

Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.

• John.C.Maxwell -

~bumpy bump~

5 Likes

@discobot quote

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: Living at risk is jumping off the cliff and building your wings on the way down. — Ray Bradbury

3 Likes

Nice Ray Bradbury reference.

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

@discobot quote

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process. — Anne Schaef

4 Likes

“As you decide, you shall be left as you were before, and neither richer nor wiser, unless the sense of service rendered to a man in mortal distress may be counted as a kind of riches of the soul. Or, if you shall so prefer to choose, a new province of knowledge and new avenues to fame and power shall be laid open to you, here, in this room, upon the instant; and your sight shall be blasted by a prodigy to stagger the unbelief of Satan.”

• The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
    (Jekyll is offering his friend the opportunity to witness,
    though he doesn’t know it, Jekyll’s transformation.)
5 Likes

The fact that sliced bread even gets an honorable mention is a real
testament to how much we just take those m----%^$&^#s for granted.

• A podcaster talking about flushable toilets
3 Likes

And they’re asking me / If I can see
The darkness down below
And I know it’s true / I say I do
And half the time I don’t

• “Make It Up as I Go” (feat. K.Flay) - Mike Shinoda
3 Likes

Table games […] represent a social contract between players. In the name of creating fun, everybody agrees to follow some rules, but also that they’ll care about the nebulous concept of winning, they’ll be quiet when other people are taking their turn, they won’t leave the table, they’ll lie, pay attention, think quickly, adopt a character, or establish some value in winning as a team, or coming second, or… beans. […] A board game is a glass palace of social cues.

• Quintin “Quinns” Smith (I don’t remember which of those 2 it’s from)

========

========

"If the procedure prescribed herein does not cover a specific operating
requirement, initiative and common sense should suffice.”

• Conclusion of the first paragraph of “Radiotelephone Procedure” ,
    Training Aids Branch Center (TASO), Fort Knox, Kentucky (April 1974)

========

========

It is by no means sufficient that an officer should be capable. …
He should be as well a gentleman of liberal education, refined manners,
punctilious courtesy, and the nicest sense of personal honor. …
No meritorious act of a subordinate should escape his attention,
even if the reward be only one word of approval. Conversely,
he should not be blind to a single fault in any subordinate.

• John Paul Jones, from a letter to the naval committee of
    the North American insurrectionists, September 14, 1775
3 Likes

3 Likes

Adorable little pudgy robots soar through a blazing pink sky, stubby arms outstretched as they speed towards their destination–a yellow planet in the distance. “GIVE ME YOAR COOOBS”* bellow the aliens upon arrival. “POINTZ 4 COOOOBS.” A robot obliges, and a sonorous “cha-ching” resounds through its programming. But the robot is now a drifting derelict, its home ship long gone. It is now doomed to tumble through inky pinkness until its energy reserves burn to nothing. It begins to wonder, “Why have I done this? What is my purpose? What is this all for?” And the cosmos replies with a whisper, “It is for 1-4 players.”

-Show notes for episode 84 of the board-gaming podcast So Very Wrong About Games
(It’s referring to the game Black Angel)

*Translation: Cubes.

3 Likes