Questionnaire Fifteen

I’m curious how people have gone about this game. I often feel myself being frustrated due to not having the cards I’d like, but I also (almost) only ever disenchant (DE) prismatics, and even then am hesitant. This questionnaire is also intended to get a sense of player range, experience and knowledge. For anyone willing to participate and assist in the topic:

Obviously you don’t need to answer every question if you don’t feel like doing so. :slight_smile:

1. How long have you played Duelyst?

2. Did you play card games before this? If so, what and how long have you been involved with CCG’s?

3. What’s your highest rank achieved?

4. How long did it take you to get their?

5. Did you (or how much) have put into Duelyst?

6. How many factions do you play?

7. Excluding extras, do you DE at all? (If so, what? Do you DE cards outside of the factions you generally play? Do you keep them just in case?)

8. Would you recommend I DE prismatics that are good but also out of factions I rarely play? (Case in point, some prismatics I have are DFS, Star’s Fury, and Reaper of the 9 Moons)

9. Favorite faction?

10. Least favorite faction?

11. Favorite Card (for art, effect, animation, w/e)

12. Least fun card?

13. Favorite color?

14. Favorite forum user?

15. Do you like that I made fifteen questions for this questionnaire given the fact that the title asked for a minimum for fifteen characters?

Thanks for anyone willing to contribute. :slight_smile:

Continued question:

What are your answers to your questions?

Is this the fifteenth questionnaire you have made or is simply made from 15 questions?

1. About a year.
  2. Nope, Duelyst popped my cherry.
  3. S
  4. Like… 2 or 3 weeks? Don’t remember.
  5. 20$ for the latest expansion (and a lil more for those new skins :wink: )
  6. Abyssian and Lyonar, but I’m working on Vanar. I’d play all of them if I had the cards.
  7. I DE all prismatics, and all Legendaries that I don’t see myself ever playing. And of course extras.
  8. If there’s another card of that rarity you’d rather have (say I play Abyss but I have a prismatic voice of the wind), toss it (I’d rather have a Revenant). If you’re gonna be playing it keep it, if it’s cheap and in another faction (rare or common especially) there’s no reason to keep it. I’d rather have the spirit to work on what I want to now, if I need it later I can craft it then.
  9. Abyssian.
  10. Magmar.
  11. Sarlac the Eternal, although Purgatos the Realmkeeper has a special place in my heart.
  12. Idk. Aymara sometimes. Aren’t really many unfun cards in Duelyst.
  13. Blue.
  14. @thefirstgokun for the meme contribution :wink:
  15. No. 15 characters ( :wink: )

1. 12 seasons.

2. Played Hearthstone since its official launch.

3. S-Rank.

4. 8 seasons, although I barely played in 3 of those.

5. I’m still completely F2P.

6. 5 back in the day, now I only play 3.

7. If I want dust, I DE almost everything from the factions I don’t play, with the exception of cards that I think will be nerfed/reworked soon.

8. You should never preemptively DE stuff, but if you need dust to craft something for a deck you play, I wouldn’t hesitate.

9. Vanar.

10. Lyonar.

11. Sunset Paragon.

12. Holy Immolation.

13. Green.

14. That’s a hard one… raqyee was really funny when he/she still roamed the forums, oranos always gives me great feedback in the card design contests and FYFY helped me a lot getting into Wallnar. But I guess the smart answer here is Ryvirath.

15. I don’t really know how to respond to that, but if had to risk with something, I’d go with 15.

1. Roughly 4-5 months \
  2. Random tcg’s as a kid (I’m 23 now)
  3. Diamond
  4. 2 months
  5. Probably around $100. Bough initial promotion, the silver orb promo, ROBB and shimzar preorder.
  6. Mainly Songhai/Lyonar recently been testing out Faie. Abyssian’s the only faction I’ve NEVER touched.
  7. I’ve DE’ed a lot of stuff that I regret lol. Early on I thought oh I only play x faction I don’t need cards from faction y,z. These days since I’ve tested out so many factions I don’t DE anything unless its clear trash.
  8. YES.
  9. Songhai overall
  10. Abyssian I hate any ccg that revolves around cheapy cheap swarm.
  11. black locust, first legendary I ever got and early on had super fun with it. Also love the look of the card.
  12. previously was Variax. Now it’s just punish.
  13. Red
  14. don’t have one, but everybody is super cool and friendly.
  15. I see what you did there, :smirk:

How long have you played Duelyst?
2 years now…ish?

Did you play card games before this? If so, what and how long have you been involved with CCG’s?
I’ve played pretty much every CCG/TCG out there. I’ve been involved with card games for over 10 years now. Things like Yugioh, PoxNora, Alteil, Weiss Schwarz, MTG, Scrolls, Rise of Mythos, HS, Shadowverse, list goes on and on, I won’t bore ya by doing the full list :smiley:

What’s your highest rank achieved?
S#3 iirc?

How long did it take you to get their?
Took awhile, the ranking system wasn’t in place for the entire time so this is kinda awkward to answer because of that.

Did you (or how much) have put into Duelyst?
Put a fair bit in early on, I like to start with stuff to get a jumpstart.

How many factions do you play?
Play them all :smiley:

Excluding extras, do you DE at all? (If so, what? Do you DE cards outside of the factions you generally play? Do you keep them just in case?)
I am prone to hit de extras obsessively haha, I hate having leftovers that arent doing anything :smile:

would you recommend I DE prismatics that are good but also out of factions I rarely play? (Case in point, some prismatics I have are DFS, Star’s Fury, and Reaper of the 9 Moons)
If you arent a fan of prismatics the extra spirit can be helpful, if not having some prismatics is pretty sweet

Favorite faction?
Vetruvian

Least favorite faction?
mmm…I don’t particularly dislike any of them, I find Vanar to be the one I play the least though

Favorite Card (for art, effect, animation, w/e)
Favorite card is probably Scions First Wish. Cantripping and allowing units to uptrade is phenomenal, I’m a huge fan of value generator cards like this <3

Least fun card?
I’d say dealing with Ironcliffes when I don’t have good removal, super stressful haha

Favorite color?
Green
Favorite forum user?
All of you :smiley:

Do you like that I made fifteen questions for this questionnaire given the fact that the title asked for a minimum of fifteen characters?
Yes, maybe?

Over a year.

Did you play card games before this? If so, what and how long have you been involved with CCG’s?

Yes, played Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Hearthstone and a few others that were on facebook for a good amount of time. Played Hearthstone from beta until december 2016. Pokemon from about 2015 but only go on to play against a friend every now and then. Yu-Gi-Oh use to have a decent non-official multiplayer game until it closed a few years back but only played that for about a week or so before it closed. However, did play and still own physical cards for Yu-Gi-Oh. The other games were on facebook, so only played those for maybe a couple of weeks or so before leaving since people would just move over to the newest server to try and get a high position or was a pay to win type of structure.

Rank 9

How long did it take you to get their?

Don’t remember, probably took the whole month since I don’t play Duelyst everyday more like once or twice a week.

Bought the latest expansion and the first boss crate.

5 Did try to narrow down to just 2 factions but I just get bored and I like variety so I’m back to 5.

Excluding extras, do you DE at all? (If so, what? Do you DE cards outside of the factions you generally play? Do you keep them just in case?)

I DE, what I consider bad cards or cards I wouldn’t use, as well as most Songhai cards since I couldn’t get into the faction. Think I got all the common and rares just in case I ever want to do a budget deck version for Songhai but unlikely to happen.

Would you recommend I DE prismatics that are good but also out of factions I rarely play? (Case in point, some prismatics I have are DFS, Star’s Fury, and Reaper of the 9 Moons)

Personally, I DE all prismatic cards, I rather have the spirit than a “shiny” card. For other people, DE cards in factions you don’t plan on playing or you don’t care for as well as cards that are known for being bad cards.

Favorite faction?

Vet, although not my most played.

Least favorite faction?

Songhai.

Pandora!

Least fun card?

The old 7 mana Shadow Nova. But if its a current card then its…(looks through the collection). Hmmm, could be 3 or 4 cards which are all Songhai ones but I guess Inner Focus since normally when its played by a good player its normally the same turn they can burst for high amounts of damage to win.

Favorite color?

Blue.

Favorite forum user?

None, don’t really talk to anyone from the forums on any kind of level outside of “oh, I recognize the username” or “I remember seeing this person before”. So I don’t particularly have a favourite member who I would go out of my way to read their opinion or anything like that.

Do you like that I made fifteen questions for this questionnaire given the fact that the title asked for a minimum for fifteen characters?

:white_check_mark:

:grinning: Nice to learn a little bit about our fellow forum goers

01 - About 3 weeks of overall.

02 - Magic: The Gathering, which all and all is still the most complex card game I’ve ever played.

03 - 14. I’m a collector, so I’m mostly playing with the starting decks…

04 - About one night.

05 - $9.99 - The starter set.

06 - All of them.

07 - Nope. I’m a collector, I want all of the cards!!

08 - If you’re not a collector, disenchanting everything that is not part of your preferred faction seems like a logical choice.

09 - Lyonar.

10 - Vetruvian.

11 - Suntide Maiden (I played white in Magic: The Gathering, so I really like angels)

12 - Any card with no effects whatsoever (The golems, for example)

13 - Teal

14 - Don’t know. I just joined the forums

15 - Interesting, but would be more interesting if it was accidental.

1. Since trump (hearthstone) played it

2. Yeah i was a pro curvestone and used to play some yugioh when i was a youthman

3. Diamond rank 2, I would say i started really playing around mid post-shimzar but like a month before rotb. I do wish i had the persistence to reach S-Rank and stop quitting after a loss.

4. Probably like a few hours after my friend told me that diamond is actually rank 5 and not rank 0, see i thought diamond was rank 0 so i wudd just stop playing after gold for the legendary

5. 20 buckaroos on rotb

6. Vet and Songhai and Kara

7. Yeah im poor so i disenchant anything that isnt visually appealing

8. Disenchant all ur prismatics unless u do not have the original copies (meaningx3)

9. I would like to say Vet but i started to like winning so im back Songhai

10. Vanar, cause im a sexist bastard

11. Gonna say Hamon cause i wanna kms

12. Definitely gonna say sphynx, broken card

13. Red

14. @isgopet cause he likes all my shit

15. Yeah ur funny mate

1. Since May of last year, so 14 months I guess!

2. Yes I did, I’ve played Pokémon TCG, MtG, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Scrolls (by Mojang) and I play a lot of card games in general including the Living Card Game Summoner Wars. I’ve been playing for over a decade.

3. Rank 3

4. I don’t remember, but I haven’t been trying to get higher.

5. I bought the Shim’Zar and RotB packs, two General skins and the Bronze new player pack. So I’ve apparently spent around $91, yikes.

6. I play 4 Factions at this point, in order from most to least: Lyonar - Abyssian - Vanar - Vetruvian

7. Yes I do, I DE Prismatics outside of Lyonar and Neutrals I never expect to use. And all Magmar cards I get.

8. See above ;).

9. Lyonar (Zir’An).

10. Magmar (Both).

11. It used to be Suntide Maiden, I’m not so sure now.

12. Thumping Wave.

13. Brown!

14. You’ll never get me to admit my crush.

15. You sly dog, you.

1. Like, a year.
  2. Yeah bruh, check out my Pokemon card collection. Got a lot of Yugioh cards from back when I was 6 goddam years old but I fell out of it until Duelyst brought me around to the sick perverse world of OTCGs.
  3. S Rank baby (just barely), but I’ve stopped tryhard climbing since then. It’s more fun to screw around in Silver (and then Gold when I accidentally move up too far)
  4. 5th month in?
  5. No money, I’m totally FTP. It’s part of what I love about Duelyst.
  6. All of them. When I get bored with one I switch to another, and the massive variety of strategy and unique A E S T H E T I Cs Duelyst offers makes it nearly impossible to stay on one for too long.
  7. I only DE extras. You never know when having a full set of Rooks might be meta.
  8. Never ever DE prismatics, ever. They are a mark of your endurance and courage. Pack rats 4 lyfe.
  9. If I have to pick an all time favorite, I’ll go with Lyonar, good ol’ standby. Lyonar always packs a punch and I love seeing big beefy bodies on the board (alliteration!), which is why Variax is my new favorite card and Abyssian has been my fav since the expansion.
  10. Man, don’t make me pick this :frowning: I guess Vetruvian, because it is never balanced right. I want all factions and all archetypes to be viable, but stuff like Eggmar, Growmar and similarly weird archetypes get me all depressed with how bad they are.
  11. Right now? Variax. Thiccbyssian has never been the same since she dropped :heart_eyes:
  12. Astral Crusader is so unsatisfying… you replace him once and he’ll never be seen again… that’s not fun at all.
  13. Green, from all this cash cash cash
  14. ME GODDAMMIT
  15. All questionnaires must have a minimum of fifteen questions. I appreciate you abiding by forum rules.

About 4 months (since mid October '16)

Yes, played many TCGs but none nearly as much as I had MTG (about 15 years?)

Gold 7 (I always either burn out or don’t play enough to get any higher :unamused:)

How long did it take you to get there?
I think it was my second season playing (December)

About $100? Bought all one time specials, the RotB expansion, and two boss crates.

All of them, but I do not play Songhai nor Vanar nearly as much as the other factions.

Only really really bad legendaries or excess duplicates (I love the deck building and testing process of card games and thus choose to keep a LOT of cards just in case I find a greater use for them some day)

would you recommend I DE prismatics that are good but also out of factions I rarely play? (Case in point, some prismatics I have are DFS, Star’s Fury, and Reaper of the 9 Moons)
Depends, if you’re hurting for cards to make a deck you want to wish to expand your cards pool (if you don’t have a lot of cards), YES. If you already have a lot of what you need and you think there’s a chance you want to use that card in the future, NO.

Favorite faction?
Close tie between Vetruvian and Abyssian. I love the synergies of Abyssian cards but I have a soft spot for Vetruvian aesthetically, and some of their cards on an individual basis.

Least favorite faction?
Vanar, but I’m warming up to them.

White Widow. I love the art, the animations AND the effect. Everything about it is awesome. It’s just a shame it’s not a very good card :sob:

Least fun card?
None. Given the nature of card games, there are many cards that are bad or outclassed but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t exist. That being said, I hate Ooz for some reason. I just can’t stand seeing it.

Favorite color?
Green

Favorite forum user?
It’s a secret.

Do you like that I made fifteen questions for this questionnaire given the fact that the title asked for a minimum of fifteen characters?
I’ll plead the fifth

Make sure you plead it three times though.

I thought you were a dev?

Just a forum mod?

It says developer right under his name, he’s a dev

Snappy questionnaire gets snappy response :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: What type of questioner answers their own survey?

[details=My answers]

1. Since October
  2. Yu-gi-oh but had home rules and wasn’t serious. Years ago.
  3. 8
  4. Last month, so 4 months.
  5. About $30
  6. Songhai and Vanar (exception of dailies)
  7. Answered, but just prismatics
  8. N/A
  9. Songhai
  10. Magmar
  11. Unsure
  12. Punish or Trinity Oath atm
  13. Green
  14. @paralykeet usually provides some great analysis that I often enjoy reading. @isgopet gets points for most fun user :slight_smile: @whyb0t reminded me @thefirstgokun for the great profile pics :slight_smile:
    The list keeps going! @RyanH for providing me my first inspirations to post!
  15. N/A[/details]

1.I joined when we drew two cards per turn. I forgot how long had I been active before forgetting this game. 1~2 months I guess?
I returned to this game at June, when CPG introduced BBS. I loved the Magmar BBS because I thought it would be absolutely dominating in late game (now that Magmar games end at turn 5). From that time on, I have been here for 7 months.

2.I was into Hearthstone. I saw Amaz and Reynad playing this game, so I joined also.
I was tired of Hearthstone at around June, so this game is a fine substitute. Now I never look back at Hearthstone.
I’ve been involved with CCGs for around 3 (+/-1) years I guess.

3.Rank 3 FeelsBadMan
I am a Diamond 5 dweller, and I was reluctant to craft cards nor go through that painful grinding. It was mundane going through the diamond-to-S path when Kara was broken and everyone else was playing some sort of aggro decks. I’m not sure about the ladder now because I’m not too active in Duelyst recently.

4.2~3 months I guess.
I tried not to ruin the “honeymoon period” of this game, so I didn’t netdeck and ran around the ladder with my shitty decks. I forgot how, but I hit my first rank 5 with a Magmar deck with Earthwalker, Purgaros, Primordial Gazer and Grimrock.

I had success with Sajj in Shimzar. My midrange-controllish Sajj deck brought me to rank3.

5.Exactly 10 dollars for that starter pack special deal, because the game felt stale with my limited collection.

6.If I am to play seriously, like shoot for S-Rank, I’d be playing tempo Argeon and Sajj. Not a big fan of aggro decks, and my collection is still not big enough to switch to other classes.

If you’re talking about casual plays, I play whatever I feel like on that day. I’ve been messing around with randomMar (search “random” in the collection, add all search results into a single deck) and discount Vet (Abjudubdjududicator and Mana Forger with dank spells like Aestari Spark and Autarch’s Gift).

7.I remember DEing my Prismatic Exun for Kron and Aymaras. That’s all.

8.If you really want to switch factions, then do it.

9.FeelsVetMan and the green buffy dinosaurs faction.

10.I don’t hate her, but Vanar is always a pain in the ass to deal with. Pre-nerf Kara, aggro Faie, control Faie .etc

11.Spinecleaver and Bounded Lifeforce.

12.Katara is quite problematic. I’ve seen people from Tournaments pulling 26 damage off with Katara + buffs and IFs, with nothing on board previously.

13.The entirety of greyscale.

14.You guys are all awesome.

The most remarkable ones are: @raqyee (rip), @oranos, @thefirstgokun the mememeister, @thorrk (is he a CM also?) and our CMs @Ryvirath , @akurane , @Okojo and @maelrawn. Good to see that CMs are actively participating in the forum, while peacekeeping and moderating this place at the same time.

I have much more appreciation to the contribution of our fellow CMs after staying in another forum Shadowverse which has absolutely no moderations.

Oh and also, how could we forget our one and only @kevin2hard ? Exquisite deck ideas and the most well-written English I’ve seen on the internet.

15.Wut I don’t get the correlation between the two :thinking:

I meant to reply to the topic… oops

1. My profile says 12 months but I took the summer off so closer to eight-ish.

2. Yep. I played Warlord CCG from roughly 2005-2011, I played L5R from 2007-2014 and did tournament play from '09-'13, I played Magic from 2013-2014, and Hearthstone from early beta to roughly the first week of it’s official release.

3. Highest was rank 1.

4. I reached rank 1 in my second season of playing.

5. I think I’ve thrown roughly $150 at Duelyst for packs and the Kaleos skin.

6. I play everything but Lyonar.

7. I don’t DE anything but extras and the occasional prismatic if I already have three of it.

8. I would only DE prismatics if you already have a play set of that card or if you see yourself never playing it.

9. My favorite faction is Songhai but I’ve really been feeling janky midrange Vaath recently.

10. Lyonar without a doubt, I’ve tried to play it but I find it boring as all hell. Same reason I couldn’t play non-tainted Lion in L5R or Free Kingdoms in Warlord.

11. My favorite card is probably Purgatos because it was the first epic I got and the art is just great.

12. I personally despise Concealing Shroud because it’s the ultimate “delay the game a turn” card.

13. Green.

14. Lyvern, just because I got crushed by his twin fangs deck in March and that made me play Magmar.

15. That was pretty dank fam Serpenti/10.