A lot of people say that they are summoned in a 'random order' (of course I haven't tried Death Knell enough times to say so), but I think that there may be a bit of ordering to it, where Death Knell summons it in order of which ones were summoned or died first/last.
In your match (where your opponent dealt 8 damage with Nightshroud), do you know:
- How many arcanysts he played in total during the game (excluding Illusion tokens)
- When he played Nightshroud (in relation to the number of arcanysts he had played before summoning Nightshroud)
- The order of their deaths during the game (again, excluding Illusion tokens)
Edit: I just have a few more questions to ask
- How many arcanysts were on board when Death Knell resummoned the Nightshroud that dealt 8 damage?
- How many arcanysts did Death Knell summon when it summoned the Nightshroud that dealt 8 damage?
- Did it summon a single Nightshroud, or did it summon multiple? If multiple, how much damage did they deal individually, and what were the order of their deaths throughout the game in relation to other arcanysts (excluding illusion tokens)?
Alternatively, if you want, you can send me a friend request (IGN: Akurane) and I can look at the game for you .
If my theory is correct, than Nightshroud will either summon the arcanysts in order of their summon or their death.