PSA: If you become tilted because you lost match or you are on a losing streak. Don't do what I did

DO :smiley: UPDATED with advice from the comments below:

• Have a break and cool-down. Read a novel, play another (hopefully) enjoyable game, watch your favorite TV show, bingewatchtheentireseasonofCowboyBepoptofindoutifitsactuallygoodnospoilerspleseIgoingtowatchitsoonTM, etc. Whatever makes un-tilted. Or just listen to this.

• Then, try to learn what did you did wrong during the match(es), rewatch your match(es) and learn from your mistakes.

• [quote=“longshot405, post:24, topic:6530”]
    Personally, I find that sometimes it’s not so much about what I’ve done wrong as it is what my opponent did right (and by extension, what I failed to predict as a possibility). Initially, getting out played by card value/strength can be frustrating, but it’s just as easy to shrug off when you realize “maybe there really wasn’t anything I could’ve done about that.”
    [/quote]

• [quote=“maelrawn, post:2, topic:6530”]
    One thing I could add is that if you’re going to look through your replays, don’t just see if you did anything blatantly wrong - duelyst is a game that comes down to a lot of small decisions over the course of the gane. Look if there’s anything you could have done differently that might not necessarily be right or wrong.
    [/quote]
  • Seek advice on how to tackle a certain deck type or to improve your deck or playstyle. Perhaps talk to person with more experience with your type of deck or the deck you played against.

• Watch S-Rank or Diamond Rank matches. Learn how they manage resources, use cards and movement on the map. You will start to understand their thought process.

• [quote=“jernat, post:19, topic:6530”]
    I think the biggest takeaway I got from spectating S-rank players (and two pro-Magmar players in particular) is acquiring patience and better understanding when to switch between aggression and a defensive playstyle. It’s helped me tremendously in piloting my deck and pushing me through the ranks.
    [/quote]

DON’T :frowning: :

• Don’t post a nerf thread about ‘this’ and ‘that’ and ‘whatever’ to make your echo-chamber harem. That don’t work here son. Your argument will be mostly likely be invalidated (roasted on red-hot embers of hell) by a host of far more experienced veteran players; including but not limited, several different kawaii anime girls (one of which will invalidate your existence), aloe vera (I think) and a 4-bit wizard.

• Don’t friend request to the person you just lost to and bad-mouth them. They will either be disheartened or give zero fucks. You’re a horrible person I won’t like anymore.

• Don’t smash your fist against your table hard enough to get 2 cm gash along the second joint of your pinky finger which bleeds profusely. Because that’s what I did. It’s everywhere kappa.
    Its healed completely. Thanks for dem dank heals @Aeruniel.

Emotional Support Thread
Seriously, nukes, burns and range

Good advice. It can seem trivial if you read it while you’re not angry, but when you are it can help in basically any scenario, not just duelyst. Especially the last one. Don’t do the last one.

One thing I could add is that if you’re going to look through your replays, don’t just see if you did anything blatantly wrong - duelyst is a game that comes down to a lot of small decisions over the course of the gane. Look if there’s anything you could have done differently that might not necessarily be right or wrong.

Get well soon, @jeezboozxd’s finger :?)

D-did I just get called aloe vera???

That’s funny because I made a thread about 0 mana spells and then mana vortex was nerfed. huh that’s weird.

Wait, your not aloe vera!? Are you Cthulhu? I must know😝

I am offering consultations at a reasonable price to all the tilt victims. My methods have proven to be 100% effective in permanently removing the feeling of the tilt during the period of 2 weeks. If you are in need of help, feel free to contact me by messaging me on these forums in order to reserve your appointment. I am available during every business day from 9 to 13.

• raqyee Ph.D

It’s tidehunter’s ultimate (ravage) from Dota :^)

It’s important to realize correlation != causation

Game design is a complicated thing and I’m certain that for every thing the community and devs point out together, there’s something that the community would never think of that the devs say need to be changed or vice versa.

Case in point: siphon was nerfed the same patch as Kron, but I had never heard of anyone complaining about siphon up until that point.

is that how you admit you were wrong? whatev I’ll take it.

I might have laughed a bit too hard at this bit.

At least post the correct meme vid.

Hahaha thanks for making me laugh out loud (yes I am typing it out for full effect) with the descriptions of forum frequenters and I’ll ‘Mani’ (healing spell) your pinky finger. I’ll do both just in case I gamble the incorrect one :stuck_out_tongue:

Update:
It’s still bleeding. Crying for my failed dreams of reaching diamond.

And here I am in mid diamond crying cause I’ll never hit S. You want tilt? Got to rank 1. Then fell back down to 4.

Generally.

I am offering consultations at no (just your soul) price to all the tilt victims. My methods have proven to be 100% effective in permanently removing the feeling of the tilt along with the self-esteem and any little shred of confidence you had remaining during the period of 2 hours, with a 4 paragraph post. If you are in need of help, feel free to contact me by messaging me on these forums in order to reserve your destruction. I am available during every business day from 9 to whenever I damn well feel like it.

Raqyee Fl.D Doctor of Failosophy(not philosophy ;))

Sorry Raq, the advertisement company called and said they made a few mistakes, good thing I was able to fix 'em, eh?

Revenge for the toxic post. MINE AT LAST! ha…ha…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Fine, Vas Mani then, the stronger version of the heal spell.
Seriously: hope you heal soon!

I never got this, I watched S Rank players but I didn’t feel like it improved my play at all :confused:

Personally, I feel it’s easier to spectate friends while their in game to compare what you would do to what they did and have a glimpse into their thought process Which is why I always watch stalk players on my friends list while their in game, although I possess like no communication skills.

The benefits of watching S-rank players probably depend on which particular players you spectate. Personally, I started doing this last month and it has helped me in several ways. I got to glean a bit more of the meta and how veteran players pilot various decks, which helps me know what and how to play around certain moves and etc.

I think the biggest takeaway I got from spectating S-rank players (and two pro-Magmar players in particular) is acquiring patience and better understanding when to switch between aggression and a defensive playstyle. It’s helped me tremendously in piloting my deck and pushing me through the ranks.

Makes sense. Any particular Magmar player you recommend me?