Duelyst Forums

Phantasm + Metaltooth deck

Hello, i need help building this deck. I want to make phantasm great again, im thinking maybe it can synergize well with metaltooth as a replacement for tiger. Here is the deck that i came up with. Is it good enough? I would like some help or advice on how to improve this deck. Thank you.

I think stygian works better than phantasm, as well as metaltooth is a bit inconsistent

Yeah, but if you remove phantasm then you only have 6 2 drops. What would you cut for the unofficial prerequisite number of 2 drops and what would you replace it with?

Also, just the swords are awkward. You cant build mechaz0r the old fashsioned way and i get its probably just for frenzy and activating metaltooth but it just feels weird. This isnt songhai you know.

On a side note, have you tried abhorrent unbirth?

But the more i look at it the more i feel phantasm doesnt really fit… is it weird that i think shadow reflection would work better? Along with swapping the revenents for more silvers? ughh. I feel dirty suggesting that but its the only way to make use of your mechs outside of mechaz0r

i dont have enough spirit to craft stygian, thats why i go with phantasm to buff my minions. isnt stygian more of a lilithe card because of the deathwatch? im trying to revive phantasm deck to its former glory, like before the nerf

well i just want to know if phantasm can work well with metaltooth. shadow reflection could work too, but i would have to take out phantasm. well my real goal is to make phantasm competitive again.

yes i have tried abhorrent, its really fun, otk out of nowhere haha

I still think you need more silvers. Think about it. Silver + metaltooth = 9+ damage in rush minions. And if either managd to stick, that can also combo with sword, deceptibot, mechazor and nighmare. This is a silver deck. Phantasm just sweetens the deal.

If you want phantasm as the centerpiece of the deck, you should look into coporeal cadence

There is a certain streamer (i believe it was @tm87 but i might be wrong), who played aggro cass, replacing phantasm with stygian and did quite well.

Abhorrent is more of a lilithe card. More minions, more buffs

Still worth mentioning in a heavily minion(mech) centric deck

ok, here is the new deck. i still cant decide to bring cadence or abhorrent. tested one game, managed to pull off metaltooth + silver combo to win the game. i dont know if the deck can be consistent. what do you think?

Why tho? Cadence is more expensive.

It doesn’t require rush to work.

well i was thinking cadence because it can directly damage enemy general from anywhere, while abhorrent needs a clear path. if they blocked the path or a minion with provoke was in the way, i would need lure or other supports. but maybe you are right, i should be able to clear a path before casting abhorrent

If you get enough Metaltooth triggers even without Swords, I’d suggest a couple of Elkowl for funzies. I’ve found they work pretty good in lists like this, even with a single Phantasm proc. Just play them in the back for that sweet 3/3 Ranged/Blast/Flying+whatever. Frenzy to use for Silver is of course really nice too, so I’m not sure.

Abhorrent had never a path problem, but a minion/critical mass problem. If you run it with Letigress you also have no path problems because you got ranged+rush on the Aberration with it.

Does Airdrop work when summoning Abomination?

2 Likes

dont know how to say this more kindly but how the heck is that relevant at all

3 Likes

Did anyone flag kingsavage yet? I think those weird links have reached a critical mass.

1 Like

I’m inclined to consider this behavior non violating any rules of the forum, atm.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.