Once upon a time

…there was a thing called “Linux integration” in the roadmap even before it was called roadmap. What happened to that? It feels a little bit like the dev team is sort of selling out with card backs and iOS and Android integration stuff. Or is it just me?

Once upon a time, people used browsers to play games. You can still do that.

There’s also that WINE thing that supposedly allows you to use Windows programs, games included.

But Linux integration, eh, I don’t know. I don’t even know why Linux is a thing…

“If the users don’t control the program, the program controls the users. With proprietary software, there is always some entity, the developer or “owner” of the program, that controls the program—and through it, exercises power over its users. A nonfree program is a yoke, an instrument of unjust power.” - Richard Stallman

Learn more: https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.en.html

Thank you Sir! I was about to rage on my keyboard over dewize, but you saved me. <3

Well, the more you know. Though I mostly disagree.

Gnu does not represent the majority or even a plurality of Linux or its users

What do you mean by represent? And what do you mean by Linux; just the kernel itself?

Citing FSF ideology as if it is currently the main reason for the platform (of Linux kernel oses as a whole) to exist or for people to use it is just wrong; GNU is only a subset of linux

I think Richard stallman is weird and wrong

Back on topic, where is the original project timeline available?

Historically Richard is the reason why GNU/Linux exists. He build the first GNU tools like the GNU C compiler and debugger and also emacs. Linus used those tools to build his Linux kernel. Together these parts formed the predecessor of all modern day GNU/Linux distributions which are still today distributed under the term of the GNU General Public License (GPL) written by Richard. You can find him weird all you want - I do not mind and probably neither does he.

I dunno, the whole FSF thing is kinda a good reason for supporting Linux.

Anyway, Linux support would most certainly be nice. It crashes a fair be for me using chromium.

if you mean where I have my information from. Its in the notes of earlier patches. I play this game since january so you may look up those patchnotes from there

there is something very fundamental about the ideology of the FSF so feel free to disagree with it but you should never refuse to consider it

I wouldn’t call building iOS and Android support selling out.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.