NovaRails here. I’m looking for some advice (again) as an F2P player using gold to by orbs. With the new expansion out I am wondering what people think is the best place to invest gold. As a bit of a background as to where I am coming from (but also important for people just joining on Steam), I have been playing for around 6 months. I have been strictly an F2P player for the entire time. Generally I am only able to play enough to buy about 0.75 orbs per day (so about 5 orbs a week). I have made it to Diamond Rank and I believe I can play 2 to 3 relatively well rounded decks (in Vanar and Lyonar).
My personal card collection, without going in to too much detail, consists of (when I give a number I mean cards, not sets of 3):
- All the neutral commons
- All rares for Vanar and Lyonar
- A growing set of neutral epics (most of which are 2 or 1 ofs)
- About 4 to 5 epics for each faction (except Vanar where I have 8)
- 15 Neutral Legendaries (mostly in the 6 to 7 mana range)
- Each faction I have 1 to 2 Legendaries (with the exception of Vanar where I have 6)
Generally I lack the more popular Epic-Legendary cards in the core set, like Spelljammer and Zen’rui, and faction cards like Arclyte Regalia and Spectral Revenant.
But enough about me. The topic is more a general sort of “As a new player where should I invest in my gold? Core set orbs, Shim’zar orbs, or should I be playing Gauntlet to build my collection?”
Let me know what people think in general!