Duelyst Forums

Miguel's Miscellaneous Memes

Bruh I’m hitting up Mexico in two weeks for a long awaited vacation away from my 60 hour work weeks.

2 Likes

Sorry, I ate all the cheese myself :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Enjoy your vacation! Wow, 60 h/week is just nonsensical from employee well-being perspective. I hope you have a good time away :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha! You’re telling me. But thanks, I certainly will man.

3 Likes

Bombastic bumping

3 Likes

Calcifying Crusade

Since I got carried away by my earlier Strategos ideas for a Calculator build, I never had time to test a “proper” Casio Lyonar deck. So, here it is in all its glory: if you’d really like to get MASSIVE Calculators out and don’t care much about anything else, boi this is definitely your deck. Slo and Fiz are some of the beefiest faction pets there are, and we bring the usual suspects Mantella, Yun, Rawr, Amu, Fighting Spirit as well as Holy Immo to fully benefit from Brome’s bbs and all those 1-mana pets lying around in your action bar. Add Aegis Barrier to give poor old Casio some protection and Magnetize for some memetastic finishing moves, and voilá: it’s basically human (or pet?) lottery with your opponent to see who is professional enough to draw better (or to play Vetruvian) each game. T2 50 points worth of stats ez :lyogiggle:

Wr was 14-6 (70 %) in the forgotten wasteland of Silver.

5 Likes

Oh and btw if you’ve ever wondered what that alternative Calculator skin is for… this. This is what it’s for.

4 Likes

it has found purpose.

2 Likes

For A E S T H E T I C.

3 Likes

Well I still use the skin for my Abyss decks too, dunno but feels like it kinda stands out there :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

fits with golden sarlac too let’s not forget

2 Likes

Have no fear… for I am here!

2 Likes

Bumping Experience
4 mana ?/?
Stand
Opening Gambit: Whenever a forum thread almost dies, transform it into a random battle pet.

4 Likes

fighting cold >>

2 Likes

Ben Swolobeast Turns to the Light Side

The Swolobeast-Illusionist-Divine Bond shell (aka “Owlpunch”) is not exactly the least played deck ever, but here we’re providing some fresh breath on it by utilizing the various nice 1-mana cantrips Lyonar have at their disposal. I assume we all know how ridiculous arcanysts can get if they’re allowed to do their thing, so I’m just gonna skip the basics and go straight to the combos related to this particular build:

1. Spell chaining. The 1-mana spells, especially Aegis Barrier, Aerial Rift and Lionheart Blessing can be used for a continuous cycle of spells while spending only a minimal amount of mana. This allows building up threats (Illusions, Owlbeasts and Conjurers) and going for a big blowout turn with the cantrips when you get the chance. Use your bbs in place of the spells whenever possible to “save your ammo”. However, don’t hesitate to throw an empty Aerial Rift out occasionally if you have nothing better to do since this will still thin your deck.

2. The threat of Lion and protection of the Barrier. Lion is a staple in Owlpunch, and should be used as a removal bait (even better if you land a Fighting Spirit or two on it). Can be occasionally used as a finisher with bbs+Bond if the enemy becomes careless. Aegis Barrier is awesome too since it will often put the opponent eventually in a desperate need to use all their dispels, almost no matter what you use it on.

3. Fighting Spirit + Owlbeast! Omg I can’t even calculate how many times that +1 health saved me in various situations. Use the pets as a block if you have spare mana, since draw shouldn’t a problem in this deck.

4. Lifestream + basically anything. This might be the best Arcanyst Lyonar support card ever.

5. Beam Shock, totally underrated card. Save it to get an extra proc for your Swolobeasts and use to deny as much utility as possible from the opponent during their next turn.

6. Lionheart Blessing + Owlbeast/Lion. If you ever do run low on hand, Blessing can become an endless fountain of cards with the right board. Do mind getting too much overdraw though, similarly as with Conjurer.

7. Bbs + Illusionist/Illusions. The opponent often doesn’t realize that your defensive units can become strong hitters very easily with the use of our Argy’s magic touch. When you’ve got enough Swolo juice out, don’t hesitate to turn your pale wizard guy into a frontline killing machine or even land a Bond on him or one of his minions.

That’s it I guess, glhf! Wr was 15-5 (75 %) in Silver.

5 Likes

I think what’s greatest about this deck is that you can effectively counter most of the biggest Magmar removals with your BBS and not worry too much about losing your big boiz just cause they’re 3ATK when it had 500DEF. Much love for this man.

https://play.duelyst.com/replay?replayId=-LjFMgxB69Vga0TsAXgS
https://play.duelyst.com/replay?replayId=-LjFQsAXCuIRbuRhaWCw

:ok_hand:

3 Likes

assassination protocol + epheremal shroud sounds broken. does it work?

3 Likes

Which combo do you have in mind? All I can think of is Razorswag Golem, but that’s 10 dmg for 7 mana and 3 cards so hardly very broken. And I’m also not sure if the activation from Protocol stays through dispel or not.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this doesn’t appear to work (in Sandbox at least). The minion remains active after being dispelled (even if “summoning sick”), but the “can’t attack/damage generals” effect appears to be undispellable.

4 Likes

Robo-brofist bump :metal: :robot:

2 Likes