Duelyst Forums

Miguel's Abyss deck and discussion space

Would anyone like to see some unconventional Abyss budget lists? I might do some every now and then in between gathering spirit for expensive stuff, if there’s interest :slight_smile:

6 Likes

fuck yes. show us the way

2 Likes

Yeah, of course!

2 Likes

Okey dokey :slight_smile: might take a while but hopefully I can brew some decent ones

2 Likes

Miguel’s Budget Build #2: Reflection ComboWombos

The budgeting is real! This dumb piece of a deck centers on two cards, Shadow Reflection and Furor Chakram. With the right setup, these two cards can create an amazing amount of burst as well as board clear (best served together, in the ideal scenario). To benefit from these cards, we bring in the good’ol Tiger for a 7 mana 8-10 damage finish, Grimes who is as stupid as ever in various fun and interactive™ combos, Elkowl for creative keyword shenanigans and Demonic Conversion/Bound Tormentor for stealing Makantors, Wind Dervishes etc. which combo well with Chakram.

Flameblood and Bloodtear give some extra aggression that help out in finishing games. Darkfire is for ramping out an early Grimes, which is a surprisingly good play in many meta matchups. Replicant on the other hand brings some much needed draw and consistency to the deck. If you’re looking for a cheap, versatile and complex build then this might be your lucky day :slight_smile:

WR was 14-6 (70 %) in Gold.

3 Likes

And in case you’re wondering why this is budget deck number 2, #1 belongs to Ben Swolobeast Swarm: Miguel's Abyss deck and discussion space

1 Like

This thread can be found on the wiki too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seems to be on the outdated-section btw, could it be moved to v1.96? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know best when this thread starts not to be outdated anymore. Could you give me an exact link please? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Starts to be from patch 1.96 around here Miguel's Abyss deck and discussion space

2 Likes

Edited it! Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No u :wink:

1 Like

The darkness bumps.

3 Likes

Bump…

Bump…

Bump…

(Bump echoes)

2 Likes

Miguel’s Budget Build #3: “Deal With It!”

In this edition of budget decks, we make one annoying cheap threat after another and wait for our opponent to drown in a sea of stuffz and dispel. Metallurgist into Hailstone, Vale Hunter into Shiro + Lure, Oculus and Tahr give plenty of tempo-positive t1-2 plays that demand some kind of answer. Most of the time it’s correct to bodyblock with Lili and wait for removal, then drop in Primus Shieldmaster, Hailstone and Capricious Marauder (if the board gets cleared). Chakram and Shadow Reflection are used nearer to the endgame (which nowadays starts around 5 mana) to close the game out.

Lightbender and EMP help out a lot against many decks in lower ranks as well as above, and synergize well with Marauder. Even though the deck seems really simple and even somewhat lacking in terms of wincons, it’s a really consistent build that has potential to teach you a lot about positioning. Using Oculus correctly is especially probably the most challenging part of the deck, since played with correct timing, positioning and cashing out it can really trash some otherwise difficult matchups.

One more upside to this deck is that nobody really realizes what it exactly is you’re trying to do, until you’ve already brought the opponent down on hp and minions. WR was 16-4 (80 %) in Silver and Gold. :snowchaser:

4 Likes

Looks fun!

I hope you put that deck also on Duelspot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have time for other Dooly things besides forums (and playing ofc), but if someone wants to copypasta this or other decks with their writeup there and credit me clearly, that’s fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is not really a lot of work. Takes only some minutes to copy paste your deck there. I will do it for you of course but I think it would be great if you had your own account over there because people also comment your decks there and then you can better answer their questions. And you are one of our creative deckbuilders, so you should be there :smiley:

Right now I am busy with moving all or most of the decks from the wiki to Duelspot :slight_smile: Yesterday I added over 40 budget decks. That took some time but it is worth to have a centralized decklist tool.

Right now we have 228 decks and 148 members there :slight_smile:

Come on! :smiley:

https://duelspot.com/

3 Likes

Sure, I’ll consider it :slight_smile: might take some time though!

2 Likes

I love it, I also can add your deck till then if you want to :wink:

1 Like