Map backgrounds

Hi, maybe the question sounds stupid, but I realised that there are (or have been) other map backgrounds available in the game. For instance:

However, all my matches are on a plain blue map as this one:

I’m pretty sure I used to play also on the desert map at some point in time, but this does not happen anymore. Have different maps been removed from the game or is it a problem with the Steam client?

Maps background

I’m pretty sure it’s totally random, I use Steam and sometimes play on the desert map kr a snowy one.

That’s just weird, I’m pretty sure I always play on the plain blue map :expressionless: Any clue on whether this may be a bug or some options I accidentally messed with? I would be surprised.

I don’t think there is any optionfor this, no worries. I’ll have to test this when I get back at my house but I think it maaaaaybe depends on the faction you play/match up. Which I totally am not sure of. I’ll check that.

Now that you say it, I don’t recall the last time I played on a diferent map from the blue one…
This is very odd indeed

Interesting… Can anyone provide a counterexample? Less formally, has anyone played on maps different from the plain blue one in the last few weeks?

I can attest that the last game I played yesterday was in the “snow cave” background.

Three random matches played last week using web client.

Thanks, I filled a bug report for this. Maybe the tech support can identify the issue. I might give a shot to the browser client as well.

@zerafut: do you also play on the Steam client?

Pure random.
Maybe you’re extremely lucky/unlucky or like you said it’s a simple but.
There will be more background in future patch if it doesn’t change for you it’ll be sure to be a bug.

I’m playing on the Duelyst client, I don’t like steam cause you can’t shrink the screen.

Sorry to bump this, but I still have this problem. It’s definitely not random, I always play on the same plain blue map. Any possible ideas on what could be the source of the problem?

Reinstall the game. I play on different maps regularly

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.