I, Anjosustrakr, have recently been appointed Chief of Communication at Counterplay (the last guy quit over the “cub joins the pack” scandal), and it is my pleasure to share what we have been working on over the last few months with you. (At this point, you may be wondering, “How dumb does this guy think I am? His name isn’t even orange!” But there is a simple explanation for that. Bandai Namco has recently notified us that orange text is copyrighted by The Division, and soon we will be making the transition to muddy-brown names for devs and moderators. Our single remaining artist is hard at work on getting the color just right as we speak.) So, without further ado, announcing:
DUELYST, BATTLE ROYALE
That’s right, folks! We listened to you! You said you wanted Casual back, and so we thought, “Wouldn’t they want a Battle Royale more?” And we’re sure you will. Here are some of the main features of this amazing new game mode:
- 45 players drop (off Young Flamewings, if you’re wondering) into a single map and fight to the death! There can only be one winner!
- No creatures allowed in decks. Use artifacts and spells to shatter your opponents!
- Artifacts never break except by spells or other artifacts being equipped over them, and if a General dies with artifacts equipped, those artifacts drop on that space, to be picked up by another combatant!
- The last surviving player in a game earns 10 gems! (Oh, yeah. There’s also a little side feature coming with the update, to encourage players to play Battle Royale: Gold no longer exists!)
- Streamers who stream Duelyst: Battle Royale will get fame and fortune beyond imaginable (from subscribers, of course; we’re broke).
This update is just too exciting for me. It’s something I’ve wanted to see in Duelyst since Day 1, and my polls have confirmed that you all want it too. We hope you enjoy this update! (Because it will be Duelyst’s last.)
“BUT WAIT!” you say, “When is this glorious expansion coming out?!”
The answer, my friend, is Very Soon™. And let’s conclude with a classic poll to see how the community feels about all this:
- I LOVE IT!!!
- I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ALL MY LIFE!!!
- [crying tears of happiness] THANK YOU, CP!!!
- UR DE BEST, ANJO!!!
- DUELYST IS RESURRECTED, AT LAST!!!