Duelyst Forums

How to save duelyst from dying 101

Duelyst is loosing players. I still think it is a great game, and I am pretty sad about it. What could the developers do to save it? Is there anything us players could do? What is making it fall?

Steam charts of the popularity: https://steamcharts.com/app/291410#All

2 Likes

New expansions? Sales? Events? Change of graphics? Better trailers?
What do you guys think?

1 Like

The devs are currently focused on their upcoming title “Godfall” and we have no information about any future updates of Duelyst since last year.

4 Likes

dEd gAeM confrmd. DEET MEGMR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

2 Likes

Pretty anything. Instead we got nothing.

8 Likes

No word from developers.

Yep, that would save it.

Nope, these only make people resent the devs more.

They might save it.

They would be the finishing blow that would kill Duelyst forever (even I would uninstall).

I doubt it would make much difference, but maybe.

3 Likes

New content definitely. If they don’t want to do it themselves. They should make an API so new content could be added open source style via bounty system. Then, they’d only need one person responsible for overseeing it.

But in general, ANYTHING would be better than just ignoring it.

10 Likes

But this only count steam players.

3 Likes

Good point. I don’t know how many people are playing duelyst via the launcher or web.

2 Likes

Nobody does…

3 Likes

Look up Meltdown League and join it; RHacker is keeping the tournament scene rolling as probably the literal best effort and course of action possible. We had Team Wars end awhile ago and soon main MDL starts.

3 Likes

I am admittedly behind schedule on starting this but it is moving along, there’s just some things I’m trying not to rush in starting it. :+1:

4 Likes

At this point these types of posts makes me want to shoot myself in the forehead.

4 Likes

I dunno guys, I think one more Crystal sale will convince me to play the game full-time again.

10 Likes

IS there even any players left to be lost?

2 Likes

Actually, we still got enough to be matched frequently.

4 Likes

For thoose of you who haven’t seen it, check out this thread. I thought it was a big relief to know a little more about the future plans for duelyst. Things look brighter than expected. I would even say that the game ain’t dying (not anytime soon atleast).

4 Likes

I think anjosustrakr replies in each question pretty good and accurately. New expansions are always welcome and keep the game alive, but maybe new expansions need the “short lived” rotation system so there will be some balance and it will be easier to maintain the tournaments.
The graphics should be left as they are, maybe the option to make them pixelated or not would be ok, but i think everyone who played Duelyst was fine with the art. Those who didn’t like it never started playing it I guess.
No word from developers was an issue, until now.
As for the trailers i think they wouldn’t help much. Now, an anime or stories or an expanded lore would definitely help in my opinion.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.