HI from Kaleos-san

Here’s my current Kaleos deck.

This deck helped me climbing from silver to S-rank. The point of the deck is optimizing positioning to make the best damage impact on general.

GLHF

When I get the chance this weekend I will try this interesting list, I have long thought about trying out Wild Tahr in the current meta and Calligrapher cause it seems fun.

Some questions, feel free to answer one, none, or whichever ones you want.

1. Was there a reason why you made some cards only 1 or 2 ofs?
  2. How favorable are certain matchups with this deck. Some examples are Fault Vet, Aggro Reva/Cassy, Dying Wish/Xorxull Maehv, Healyonar, Swarm/Strategos Brome and mirror matches against other midrange decks whether they be songhai or magmar?
  3. Do you find yourself replacing any specific cards during a game such as gotatsu?

Regardless of whether you respond or not, thank you for posting this decklist, I appreciate that people still play this sort of deck competitively despite the skill floor.

The leading minions in this deck are Tahr, Flamewarth, Thunderhorn, Zendo and EMP.

Was there a reason why you made some cards only 1 or 2 ofs?

The leading actors/actress need some supports. For example, Panddo for making the enemy think “it’s troublesome minion, i need to kill this”, and also it does do good against artifact.

I only use 1 Oni and 2 Bakezori because the 3 EMP could turn the game around at 7pp, and I dont really need stalling the game. Bakezori is good when it’s used in combo with juxta. For example turn 1, I put 2pp-backstab but i don’t have Tahr, Panddo or Thunderhorn, in this case Bakezori or Oni are good filling the place.

The important thing about Kaleos, it can teleport minion, which gives super effective impact when minion attacks. Calligrapher is like spiral technique, only need 1 which in some situation can help you a lot. And about Thunderhorn, I only use 2 because Tahr and flamewarth can deal damage quicker (with teleport/juxta), and also the Thunderhorn nerf 4/4 which makes it easier to die against lavaslasher and rebuke.

How favorable are certain matchups with this deck. Some examples are Fault Vet, Aggro Reva/Cassy, Dying Wish/Xorxull Maehv, Healyonar, Swarm/Strategos Brome and mirror matches against other midrange decks whether they be songhai or magmar?

From my experience, Factions which give the most trouble are Egg-Mar, Vath and non-artifact vet. The reason is, this Kaleos deck needs minions to survive at the next turn to make some move while Magmar and Vet have many super effective removals and can generate minions super fast. As long as we can read/predict enemy’s next and/or after-next move, this problem can be dealt. And the 7-turn hero EMP, always we can count on.

Against Agro, Maehv, Healyonar, Brom, swarm or any other non Magmar-Vet deck, this Kaleos deck I can say super-super effective to be used against them. Just keep in mind, Kaleos can clean and counter. For example, against Healyonar then keep EMP in hand, against any swarm, Tahr, Flamewarth and Thunderhorn will do the job. Or if at early game we got the upper hand, then just focus on killing the general.s

Do you find yourself replacing any specific cards during a game such as gotatsu?

I find gotatsu very useful in turn 1-3, which it can help killing 2-3pp minions and also gives a card draw. If I had to replace some cards, maybe I would replace Oni and Caligrapher with Neutral Sister or Ki Beholder.

Very nice list!

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

How’s buffed Calligrapher working out for you?

I can answer this question. It’s good. Not awesome, but worthwhile. I use it in one of my decks.

Yeah, as a songhai main, I really don’t like Magmar and Vet too much. Thank you for responding and sharing your insights, I will be testing your deck out on ladder soon!

Play solo decks!

Cry in the corner…

flamewreath? more like flame-REEEEEEE

angry xho noises

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.