I just reached legend from D2 with 1 loss with this deck which seem to counter those aggro magmar. So I wanted to share this deck to help some of you laddering at the moment.
Even if this deck look very aggro it’s an OTK base deck. You have to flood the board on turn 1-2. Then you can play Bloodmoon Priestess to keep board for the OTK. After that each turn you have to check if you have lethal with soul grimwar or Deathfire Crescendo.
We didn’t see play from those deck before meta because of blistering skorn. Now since they nerfed the card and with the release of Furosa this deck become more viable.
Why this card?
- Shadowdancer: This card is better than “shadow sister kelaino” in this deck because almost all your minions dies. It’s very good against artefact based deck like Sajj.
- Sojourner: You need some draw against control deck even if it’s pretty useless against starhorn.
- cryptographers: this card is a must it’s even better than Wraithling swarm. This card must be seen as a 3 drop though (mana curve). It combo very well with furosa where you can easily summon 2 2/2 and 2 3/3 for 5 mana.
- dreamgazer: it’s basically a 0 mana cost drop a 1/1 draw a card take 2 damage which is very usefull in such deck as you need to flood as fast as possible you board and keep a hand.
- Gloomchaser: great card here. You can easily deal 1 damage to a taunt with your 1/1 and kill it. This card replace ritual banishing.
- maw + bloodtear: allow you to trade some minion early effectively without loosing too much board.
Tuto How to kill a starhorn magmar:
Current stat : 13-1