Flameblood Faie WIP - Please Help (featuring Mesmerize?)

So I’m not really a Vanar player but I’ve accidentally gathered enough cards to branch out into a few lower-tier Vanar deck types and I’ve been working on an aggressive bloodborn-based Faie deck. It’s like Faice, but with moar Bloodborn, I suppose. And I’ve been considering Mesmerize to tweak things for Warbird, keep the enemy General within reach and negate body blockers. I imagine it wouldn’t do very well against decks with a lot of healing. Let me just show you my idea so far (I have all the needed cards for this):

The deck is meant to control the enemy while unloading with Warbirds and solo-Faie aggression. The deck is supposed to be fast so there’s no Meltdown. The deck has 9 viable P1T1 plays which should be enough and Cryogenesis and Frigid Corona take care of the necessary draw (theoretically).

Can some dyed-in-the-wool Vanar players give me some advice on this deck? I don’t need S-rank viability, Diamond is fine for my first real outing into Vanar. Should Mesmerize ever be in a deck?

lack of draw don’t you think? And maybe more minions.

I have something pretty similar, if you want it I’ll edit this post with it later (right now I should be going to sleep but I’m posting on the forums instead, rip).

I think Snowpiercers should go out for Asps if you want to play with fewer minions, the space control is very important.

Snowchasers should probably be replaced because you have no board presence to reliably extend your reach to get them on your opponent’s side/keep them there.

Hailstone is a tempo card, and this list doesn’t really want to play the tempo game.

Mesmerize is a poor man’s Hearth Sister.

Cryo is probably also not particularly good, especially if you aren’t going to have Snowchasers; maybe if it answered Kelaino it’d be more acceptable.

Sanguinar is a neat idea! I’m a fan, let us know how it works out.

I think you might want to consider Jammers, Alcuins, Bloodtear, and Saberspine. Those are all very flexible cards which are also very strong, especially in a deck with so many strong cards. Being able to cast more is to win more. Notably, taking Overload with Alcuin is hilarious.

I think RotB introduced a framework for spell-focused Faie decks; I just started playing my own version of walls with the framework, and like I said I had another deck which is where the framework originates (it’s originally by crankypanda).

Listen closely to Maelrawn above - mentioned pretty much everything important and relevant to your plan.

Asp is ideal but Snowpiercer is a great budget replacement that performs well, so consider Asp your final craft if you wish to have it. Silhouette Tracer x2 has also been a trusty addition for some players.

The Meltdown version does well with adding 2x Skorn to the mix and is quite good too, should you wish to test it out. The playstyle for your deck, despite what it looks, is not fast - its controlling - disrupt their plans and advance your dmg.

Skorns for comboing with enfeeble is pretty much a must.

I don’t know, maybe? I wanted to keep the bloodborn-concept pretty pure.

[quote=“maelrawn, post:3, topic:8058, full:true”]I think Snowpiercers should go out for Asps if you want to play with fewer minions, the space control is very important.

Snowchasers should probably be replaced because you have no board presence to reliably extend your reach to get them on your opponent’s side/keep them there.

Hailstone is a tempo card, and this list doesn’t really want to play the tempo game.

Mesmerize is a poor man’s Hearth Sister.

Cryo is probably also not particularly good, especially if you aren’t going to have Snowchasers; maybe if it answered Kelaino it’d be more acceptable.

Sanguinar is a neat idea! I’m a fan, let us know how it works out.

I think you might want to consider Jammers, Alcuins, Bloodtear, and Saberspine. Those are all very flexible cards which are also very strong, especially in a deck with so many strong cards. Being able to cast more is to win more. Notably, taking Overload with Alcuin is hilarious.[/quote]

I don’t have Asps and Alcuins but I do have the rest. I might just be overestemating my ability to keep Snowchasers on the enemy side of the field but couldn’t I just move over to their side to force the confrontation? Most of my damage is at range anyway.

It’s clear you’re voicing the consensus so I’ll take all these comments to heart.

No Asps yet so I’ll stick with Piercer and I’ll be sure to add Skorns to substitute for crowd control. I do have Meltdown and you’re right about the deck not being aggro… A stall burn deck? Hm.

I’ve been hearing that a lot xD. Thanks.

Well, you could, but then since you have few minions, you wind up tanking most of the damage in exchange for what only pays off after a long time. Also, nothing stops your opponent from just walking away from you, save perhaps the threat of Meltdown (which is alleviated if they recognize you’re playing this type of Faie as opposed to proper midrange).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.