Feedback on Vetruvian Artifact build

Wondering if i could get feedback on a Zirix build ive been using lately. Maybe some people have some good/better tricks i didnt know about yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically a decently normal artifact deck made for punching people in the face from range so they die before you do :stuck_out_tongue:
Its trying to be fully based around hitting the general while keeping minions busy.

So… any advice?

edit: ok, if youre thinking about Spinecleaver and such, already stop right there. Im not killing minions so it has 0 use to me.

Use Saji? Theres literally no reason not to.

IMO take grincher out for a third falcius and spinecleaver.

Spine cleaver would be a cool addition to the deck, in place of hex blade.

I also want to know why Old Z over Sajj?

Yeah, Id look for a way to add a 3rd Falcius and a 2nd Maelstrom minimum.

The problem is that while Spinecleaver is nice for minion kill builds, if youre mostly going for a kill on the general anyway it just doesnt feel that usefull.
Its a 5 mana, 1 attack damage card that can be removed without counterattacks with simple ranged attacks and spells which if youre lucky spawns about 2-3 totems while using this build (as far as ive tested) of which i can garantee at least 1-2 will be dispelled by the enemy.
Can test it out some more but cannot say i was impressed to much.

Could see wether i can replace something for another Falcius and perhaps a Mealstrom, will check out wether its worth losing a Grincher for seeing as that still has a chance to be quite a turnaround minion :stuck_out_tongue:
Will try it out regardless or find at least make a spot for those cards in another way.

Why Zirix? Because

1. I like the looks ;D
  2. Its not a minion-killing deck, so while i can understand how Sajj’s double damage on minion would help… i cannot shake off the feeling that i would prefer being able to summon bodies to block the enemies a bit while i harass the general some more.

thanks for the feedback so far

I can see what you are saying about the spine cleaver, perhaps it just sounds better in my head.

I’m assuming you have already tested the sand sister?

The general choice is definitely a style choice, I can see the merit of both as mentioned but personally i prefer the extra option of minion control (less aggro orientated). I think Falcius is too good not to have three of and Time Maelstrom is your finisher so i think two of purely for consistency is needed.

I dont like these decks being heavy; amara is a good minion but i think the 4 mana 3/6 provoke is a better fit.

The deck also needs more card draw and I don’t like the excessive amount of dispell - the concept of using your minions as a shield works to distract rather than you getting provoked.

Thats my two cents on it, looks good.

(Roughly Based Around This Deck – Subjugate)

Step 1) Use Sajj. Even though your artifacts are to “kill”, Sajj is still better with artifacts.

Staff of Y’kir is just horrible, I’m sorry. Take them out and put in 2x Spinecleavers + 1 Falcius. Spinecleavers generate immense amounts of pain, especially if you can fish an Ankh (but that’s more greedy!)

If you can, find room for 1 Circle of Desiccation. It synergises well with Spinecleaver, and also provides a lategame comeback mechanic.

I’d also run Grove Lion, for obvious reasons. While you aren’t control, you need to stay alive!

I’d also kill Grincher until it’s fixed. Right now, the cost reduction is bugged as hell.

Good point actually. Even though its more to avoid minions being buffed to all hell like magmar, songhai and abys tend to do… 3 dispells might be enough and probably should replace the 2 dispell minions for better ones to help my cause. Will look at aymara to b yeah…already simply put them in to replace scarabs but yeah, might need to give them another replace

No offense but thats basically removing everything and then making a Sajj minion-kill deck :wink:
2 different decks, 2 different goals, 2 different ways of going for that goal

This is absolutely correct, while Zirix CAN generate bodies to bodyblock, Sajj can outright eliminate a minion and sometimes, thats just better.[quote=“RyanH, post:9, topic:3301”]
Staff of Y’kir is just horrible, I’m sorry. Take them out and put in 2x Spinecleavers + 1 Falcius. Spinecleavers generate immense amounts of pain, especially if you can fish an Ankh (but that’s more greedy!)
[/quote]

Again, correct, Spinecleavers are not as bursty as the usual set of artifacts, that is true, but what they do grant is a level of near inevitability that forces them to find a way to finish you off quickly or die in the process. It also makes it easier if you find your combo being several damage points off, just combo anyway and let the pings finish off your opponent.[quote=“RyanH, post:9, topic:3301”]
If you can, find room for 1 Circle of Desiccation. It synergises well with Spinecleaver, and also provides a lategame comeback mechanic.
[/quote]

Yup, also has synergy with Artifacts (since its not as reliant on board) and allows you to trigger your own Aymaras’ DW to get that emergency healing or that last bit of damage.

This one is not as incredibly important since artifact decks are more stalling-centric instead of flat survivability.
If you find yourself short on capability to stall, adding Primus Shieldmasters or Dioltas can be incredibly helpful.[quote=“RyanH, post:9, topic:3301”]
I’d also kill Grincher until it’s fixed. Right now, the cost reduction is bugged as hell.
[/quote]

I agree with this, the bugginess makes it even less consistent, at least for now, I’d run artifact hunter in its’ place.

I’d also totally add a 3rd Aymara, but thats just me.
Now, if you are deadset on using Zirix anyway, consider adding Cosmic Flesh, the ability to give anything provoke is powerful and when your deck relies on stalling, it becomes that much more powerful.

I agree that for the way you guys apparently build or want to build, Sajj would be better. Again though… lets extremise it so there is better understanding.
Just assume i will NOT attack or kill ANY minion.
An extreme example but perhaps it makes people realise that im not asking for a Sajj artifact minionkiller cookiecutter deck, else i would just remake my deck just as easy ;D
Again, appreciate the feedback but its feedback for a different deck :stuck_out_tongue:
Might actually have to make it more clear at the first post i guess, might indeed be a bit to empty.

I get what you’re trying to say, but at the end of the day, you’re going to have to kill minions. It’s inevitable. Dispel is nice, but it won’t stop big minions from being in your face. You only have so many Repulsor Beasts, and you don’t have any minions that can really contest the board yourself. You could go full face, but it’s unlikely your artifacts will outvalue minion prescence in time.

Perhaps this is what you want. One man. No minions. Have fun punching.

(Full credits go to GrincherZ)

One man Vet, I like it. Its like half one man Magmar and one half Spellhai looking at the list xD

Thre is literally NO reason to say youre going to have to kill minions. If youve used all repulsor beasts, youre already way over time. Won my last 4 mathes without going for minions at all. Maybe i killed 1 or perhaps 2 maximally when blasting the general but thats it.
Unlikely is a word that has no meaning in this game… its easily possible. 4 damage blasts starting from turn 2, going up to 8 dmg afterwards, combine that with mealstrom thats another nice 16 dmg burst… all you need is a small amount of control minions to keep the wheels turning untill you finish it

Replaced my 2 dispell minions with a mealstrom and another falcius and my 2 amara… well… i was thinking about replacing them with the 3/6 but in the end i went for the legendary Kron :stuck_out_tongue: for one of them and the second one im doubting about. Was actually looking at the 5 manacost neutral minion (the reaper guy) that summons a 0/10 provoke near you with dying wish. Not fully sure about that one though… anyway, did manage to get a winstreak going so its fine for now :stuck_out_tongue:

updating my first post soon to show the changes so far, so people can comment on that again i guess XD

Only got 2 decks right now… the other one is a spellhai :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha while looking absolutely inefficient as stuff goes i can imagine it will be decent amount of fun to play now and then.
Doesnt seem like the best deck to win with but it does look fun enough just to have it saved for that moment when you feel down XD

I would:
Sajj > Zirix
2 spinecleaver > 2 grincher
3 l’kian > 3 spelljammer
1 removal card > 1 auroras tears (3 seems a bit much for me)