Hi folks, welcome back to the Duelyst Lore Contest (Feb-March)! I hope you’re ready for this months prompt 'cause I know I’m not!
Feb - March Prompt:
To reach perfection, masks must be donned to hide a flawed beginning
As faction leaders, each of the generals are advertised as strong, self-assured individuals capable of leading their people to victory. However, underneath that mask of perfection is a person, a person with their own fears, regrets, and secrets. Write about them!
Contest Rules and Information:
Each Submission must have a title or 1-2 sentences of flavor text
300 - 600 words per submission
Submissions must be based on a General (Grandmaster Zir counts)
Submissions are only acceptable on this thread. 1 submission per user only (edits are allowed before submission deadline ends)
Submission Deadline March 23rd 11:59pm PST
The Top Ten Eligible Entries will be sent to a community voting poll three days after the submission deadline. If there are less than 10 entries, they will be sent to a community voting poll from March 24 - March 26 11:59pm (Any entries from current judges and/or current host(s) will be used as examples and will not be included as eligible contest submissions. In the event of a tie, results will be determined 3-4 days following the community voting poll deadline)
No entry shall violate the forum Moderation Policy.
Original posts only. Plagiarism not permitted.
Formatting Your Post
- Name of Card
- Italicized flavor text or Bolded Title
- Submission text
- Go through the in-game card lore. Even the MKII skins have background information about the generals so go through those as well.
- Take into perspective their playstyles/how you perceive them. How would this add to their character?
- What do you know of their respective culture?
- Have fun!
- 1st place - 5 Spirit Orbs + Loremaster forum title + Place in Jury for next contest (JNC)
- 2nd place - 4 Spirit Orbs + JNC
- 3rd place - 3 Spirit Orbs + JNC
All other eligible entries will be awarded 1 Spirit Orb
As always, stay creative!