Here’s the changes I would make to Vanar.
What I’m trying to do:
Clean up RNG
Add new interesting spells and minions
Give them more card draw options while keeping it limited to their BBS
Give them conditional healing
Slightly buff previously over-nerfed spells (Such as Cryogenesis or Frostburn)
- Shattering Blow: When damaging or attacking a stunned minion, instantly destroy it.
- Replicate: When this minion dies, it returns to your action bar. It costs 1 less.
- Shrouded: Takes no damage.
- New Special Tile
- Chromatic Climate (or chilling climate): Dispels ANY minion or general standing on it at the end of owner’s turn
- Hollow Phantom: Vespyr. Rush. Whenever this attacks an enemy, turn the space occupied by that enemy into Chromatic Climate. 1:1 1 Mana
- Twinkle Fay: Vespyr. Rush. Whenever this attacks it disappears, leaving a consumed mana tile behind. 1:1 1 Mana
- Minions (non-Vespyr)
- Bloodbound Disciple: Opening Gambit: After the first time you play your BBS this turn, refresh your BBS. 1:2 1 Mana.
- Unforgiving Wisp: If it dies on your opponent’s turn, your opponent permanently loses one mana crystal and will not draw any cards at the end of their turn. 1:1 2 Mana
- Spirit Walker: Opening gambit: Refresh your BBS and switch positions with ANY other minion. 3:2 3 Mana
- Frostborn Ward: Shattering Blow. When anything is stunned, deal 1 damage to everything around it. 3:4 4 Mana
- Silver Fang: Shattering Blow. Your BBS is Frigid Corona. 4:5 4 Mana
- Sublunar Sanctuary: Arcanyst. Whenever you cast a spell, summon a Vespyr Twinkle Fay with Rush nearby. 3:6 5 Mana
- Radiance: Costs one less for every Mana tile on the board. 6:6 12 Mana
- Shimmering Pixie: Blood Surge: Put a Twinkle Fay in your action bar 2/4 3 Mana
- Frigidon: Can only move one space. 4:9 4 Mana
- Frostfire Lynx: Infilterate: Forcefield. Opening gambit: Deal 4 damage to an enemy minion in front of this. 4:2 5 Mana
- Ghostly Striker: Blood Surge: Summon a Vespyr Hollow Phantom with Rush nearby 3:3 5 Mana
- Cordial Colossus: Provoke. Cannot be attacked. 0:12 8 Mana
- Cryogenic Figure: Whenever this minion attacks, your opponent permanently loses one mana. 5/10 9 Mana
- Cryogenic Wipe Out: Destroy all friendly walls. 3 Mana
- Inevitablity: Turn all spaces around a Chromatic Climate into Chromatic Climate.
- Soul Essence: All non-wall friendly minions gain +1 Attack and Replicate until your next turn. 4 Mana
- Celestial Moonlight: Refresh all Mana tiles. Draw 3 cards. 5 Mana
Changes and Reworks:
- Polarity: Switch ANY minion’s Attack and Health. Draw a polarity from your deck. 1 Mana
- Aspect of Ego: Transform ANY minion into a random Vespyr minion of the same cost. 1 Mana
- Mana Deathgrip: Deal 1 damage to ANY minion. If it dies this turn, permanently gain 1 mana crystal and give your general Shattering Blow until the end of your turn. 2 Mana
- Boundless Courage: Give a friendly minion 2 attack. It’s shrouded until your next turn. 3 Mana
- Frigid Corona: Stun an enemy minion or general. Draw a card. 2 Mana
- Aspect of Shim’Zar: Transform a minion into an Icy.
- Permafrost: Stun an enemy. If it is already stunned, stun all joined enemies. 4 Mana
- Endless Hunt – Now only costs 3 mana
- Cryogenesis: Deal 4 damage to an enemy minion; if it dies this turn that space into Chromatic Climate. Draw a Vespyr from your deck. 4 Mana
- Frostburn: Deal 3 damage to all enemy minions. Spaces occupied by enemy minions killed are tuned into Chromatic Climate.
- Snowchaser: Infilterate: Replicate.
- Cryoblade: Shattering Blow. 2:3
- Glacial Elemental: Whenever you summon a Vespyr minion, deal 2 damage to the closest enemy minion.
- Myriad: Blood Surge: Summon a Bonechill Barrier in front of itself.
- Snow Rippler: Infilterate: Whenever this minion damages a general, put a Bur into your action bar.
- Wolfraven: Is now a Vespyr.
- Sleet Dasher: Is now a Vespyr.
- Voice of the Wind: Is now a Vespyr. Stats changed to 4:5 4 Mana
- Grandmaster Embla: Opening Gambit: Surround the enemy general with 2 of each wall. (2 Luminous charges, 2 Blazing Spines, 2 Bonechill Barriers, 2 Gravity wells)
- Matron Elveiti: Your general is shrouded.
- Iceshatter Gauntlet: Your general has Shattering Blow.
- Winterblade: Your general gains +2 Attack. Enemy minions damaged or attacked by your general are stunned. If your general has Shattering Blow, enemy minions damaged or attacked by your general are instantly destroyed.
Non-Vanar related emergency changes:
- Khanuum-Ka: Flying, Rush, Ephemeral. Cannot damage generals. Dying Wish: Transform a friendly dervish into Khanuum-Ka. 3:1 5 Mana
- Rae: Cost increased to one from zero. Stats changed to 2:1
- Wanderer: All future non-token minions summoned from your action bar from here on out have +1/+1.
- Rippers: Remove celerity. Stats changed to 2/1.
- Zoetic Charm: Your general gains +1 attack. Your Eggs have +1 Health. (No longer bullied by Cassyva but not stupid OP) Cost reduced to 1.
- Abjudicator: The next spell you play costs one less. Stats changed to 3:2 2 Mana
- Golem Metallurgist: The next Golem you play costs one less. 2:3 2 Mana
- Wind Slicer: The next Structure minion you play, costs one less. 1:4 2 Mana
- Kujata: The next minion you play, costs one less and gets -1 health. 2:2 2 Mana
- Timekeeper: The next Building you play, costs one less. 2:3 2 Mana
- Progenitor: Select a non-Egg minion. It spawns an Egg of itself behind itself. 4:2 3 Mana
- Lilithe BBS: Summon two Wraithlings on two selected spaces nearby your general.
- Zirix BBS: Summon an Iron Dervish on a selected space nearby your general.
- Ragnora BBS: Summon a Ripper (The minion, not an egg) behind your general. It’s in line with Zirix’s BBS now in terms of power. One of them summons a 2:2 the other summons a 1:2 with Rebirth.
- Wild Inceptor: Opening gambit: Hatch a friendly Egg. Exhaust that minion. 1:4 2 Mana
- Shidai BBS: Put a spellsword corresponding to the turn number in your action bar. First turn Kotetsu, Second turn Kiyomori, Third turn Murasame, 4th turn, Tanahashi, Repeat.
- Decimus: Whenever your opponent draws a card, deal 1 damage to the enemy General. At the start of your opponent’s turn, their general takes 1 damage.
(Decispikes does 8 damage now but is more consistent overall and will hopefully see more use outside of Starhorn, 1+ 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1)
- Lava Lance: Cost increased to 2.
- Flash Reincarnation: If the next card you play is a minion, it costs 2 less gets -2 Health. (Directly affects the max hp of the minion similar to cards like Lasting Judgement)
- Darkfire Sacrifice: Destroy a friendly minion. If the next card you play is a minion, it costs 2 less.
Note: Flash Reincarnation and Darkfire Sacrifice can no longer affect the cost of cards with Mythron Rarity.
Non-Vanar related RNG clean up:
BattlePet AI, Jaxi, White Widow, Z0r and Lodester reworks as DeathsAdvocate suggested.
Similar change to Gor as Jaxi.
Sarlac The eternal: Dying wish Re-summon this minion on a space nearby your general.
All spells or minions that summon other minions or tokens on random spaces, now spawn them on the closest available square to the closest enemy.
This change affects Windcliffe Alarmist, Prominence, Sky Phalanx, Obelysks, Pax, Whisper of the Sands, Nimbus, Accumulonimbus, Gloomchaser, Bloodmoon Priestess, Gate to the Undervault, Moonrider, Juggernaught, Drake Dowager, Kindred Hunter, Voice of the wind, Frostiva, Echo Deliverant, Zyx, Komodo Hunter, Sarlac The Eternal, Prismatic Illusionist, Dioltas, Black Loctus, Deceptib0t. Inquisitor Kron, Rawr, Letigress, Grimes, Spriggin, Pandora and finally Khymera.
Grimes spawns Ghoulie
Blue Conjurer: Whenever you cast a spell add a copy of the Arcanyst you most recently summoned (excluding Blue Conjurer) to your Action bar.