Update 2 (10/31): Completed some much-needed topic upkeep, reorganized topic post.
Hello all, and welcome to the Submission Hub! I’ve created this topic to provide a primary space for our community to create, collaborate, and share ideas for new cards. To that end, I have designed a set of general guidelines (with plenty of help ) to maximize the organization, readability, and overall operational quality of this topic. Please give them a thorough read before posting any submissions. Thank you!
General Guidelines for Submissions (Updated 10/31)
Please read these carefully, as ALL submissions must adhere to these general guidelines. Failure to do so will result in me or a fellow forum member contacting you privately (with a gentle reminder). If the problem persists, then your post will be deleted.
If you have any issues with adhering to these guidelines (technical or otherwise), then please do not hesitate to contact me via PM. I am more than happy to help out or discuss alternatives.
Lastly, all of these are subject to change, and any major changes will be required to pass by community vote![/details]
The main design philosophy is 'authenticity'.
- In other words, you could expect to see any of the designs here included in upcoming expansions/monthlies.
- To that end, please try to follow the wording/grammar of official cards along with the 125-character limit on card text (including spaces).
- Why? I don’t have a great answer other than it is simply my preference. I find it much more interesting to work with the design space that CPG has effortfully built, rather than against it.
[details=ALL submissions must include a description of the design’s purpose.]
- Why? It gives fellow designers a better understanding of the thought-process behind your design and thus gives us a better way to discuss your design in the Discussion Hub.
- The description can be very brief (or as long as you’d like).[/details]
Posting & Formatting Principles:
[details=You may only make ONE post per week.]
- Why? It vastly improves readability while also giving less-active posters a greater opportunity to have their submissions seen and critiqued.
- You may edit/update a given post as many times as you see fit.[/details]
ALL submissions must follow this basic template (using the "Hide Details" function).
[DELETEdetails=Name / Faction / Rarity (Optional) + Card Type (Spell, Minion, etc.) / Cost / Stats (Attack/Health)]
Card text goes here. (bolded for readability)
- You may of course add to the template as you see fit. For example:
- Artwork and/or Art Description:
Here are some examples of the template in use.
Shadow Colossus / Abyssian / Rare Minion / 9 Mana / (6/6)
Costs 1 less for each of your Shadow Creep.
- Purpose: Give Cassyva a large minion to help regain tempo lost from generating Shadow Creep (e.g. Shadow Nova).
- Comments: I love conditionally cost-reduced cards (Chakkram, Pantheran, and Mandrake ), and I thought the conditional aspect of Shadow Creep would be a perfect fit.
- Concerns: The costing is very elusive, and I wonder if this is on-par with Mandrake, or even better.
Mindspike Mantle / Magmar / Rare Artifact / 3 Mana
Designed by @phayze
Whenever your opponent draws a card, deal 2 damage to the enemy General.
- Purpose : Starhorn needs some love, this way, if your opponent is feeling cheeky for drawing cards off your BBS, you can make 'em pay 2 health for it, card draw isn’t cheap you know!
- Concerns : Nothing really, another nice, balanced artifact that can allow Starhorn to generate some face damage off his BBS.
- Synergies : Works well with his BBS, as well as cards like Blaze Hound, Spelljammer, Sojourner and Mogwai. Faice deck trying to draw off a Spelljammer to fuel their face rush? Equip this, back off to stop them from suiciding their Spelljammer or breaking the artifact and watch them panic as they take 4 damage at the end of every turn.
Survivor's Guilt / Abyssian / Spell / 2 Mana
Designed by @oranos
Give an enemy minion “Deathwatch: -1/-1”.
- Purpose: a new way to use deathwatch and to weaken enemy minions (which the death faction should probably be able to do anyway). A way to soften a lethal blow or kill a far off minion by killing other ones. Swarm support.
- Concerns: weaker than dark transformation and ritual banishment unless you plan on suiciding a lot of wraithlings and triggering other deathwatch effects. like other deathwatch effects useless without minions on field.
Snowbank Hunter / Vanar / Common Minion / 2 Mana / (3/1)
Designed by @thefirstgokun
Infiltrate: Gain Ranged
- Purpose: Infiltrate minion that benefits from the enemy NOT being on their side. Sort of a combo with Avalanche and Airdrop minions.
The following content is NOT allowed in this topic:
Discussion or critique.
- We now have an entirely separate topic for discussions: the Discussion Hub.
- This separation facilitates greater readability for both submissions and discussions.
- Of course, be sure to give a “Like” as you see fit.
[details=Rebalance or reworking of official cards.]
- There are plenty of other topics for that. Let’s keep this design space fresh. [/details]
[details=Memes, other lore, or lore-absurd designs.]
- Same as above.
- Again, the main design philosophy for this Hub is authenticity.[/details]
[details=Clearly unbalanced designs.]
I’d recommend referring to pre-existing stat/power distributions as a loose guide; although, no one should feel afraid to push the limits (I know I certainly will ).
If you are ever concerned about the power level of your design, then don’t hesitate to post it in the Discussion Hub for preliminary feedback.[/details]
I realize that these guidelines are fairly hefty, and I apologize for that. However, in the long-run, I think this thread will benefit from a more organized and streamlined experience. If you have any issues or concerns with following these guidelines, then please get in touch with me via PM and I’ll do my best to help. Again, I am fully open to major changes (though any decisions will require a community vote).
Now, with all that out of the way, it’s time to get creative and have fun! Also, don’t forget to head over to the Discussion Hub to discuss designs and share feedback.
Thank you all for your support and willingness to work together, and I cannot wait to see what you all come up with!