Fan Card Design Hub: Submissions (Updated 10/31)

Seems pointless, at that mana the game is already decided. Why not play Meltdown instead?

Powercreep over Rogue Warden

What are it’s stats?

Revenge of the Necrotized
Neutral Spell
10 mana
No spell or effect can reduce the cost of this card. Whenever your general is dealt damage that exceeds lethal by 15, if this card is in your action bar, it is automatically played and the game ends in a Draw.

Isbee you devil

What will happen when I Flash amplification thumpidator, someone with one health? or my rancour?

Or my deathfire crescendo + Blood baronette?

thats evil man

eternal blade
3 mana artifact
+2 attack
deathwatch: restore all your artifacts durability by 1

I suppose it is true…I AM EVIL! :smiling_imp:
…just don’t get greedy, then…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

FYI:

“Opening Gambit: Summon all friendly non-token minions destroyed on your opponent’s last turn on random spaces.”

“Whenever this minion deals damage, either deal 3 damage to the enemy General OR restore 3 Health to your General.”

These are the longest texts in the game.

Try not to exceed them too much.

My card already breaks several of the OP’s guidelines. But I really am only half kidding.

Edit: alright, now I have time to add all the flavor text and stuff, so here goes.

Hey guys, its ya boi goku, back at it again with the OG card designs. This weak we’ve got Heal support for Lyonar, Sabotage support for Vetruvian, Minion-based combo support for Songhai (read: Baconator/Backstab), and a few new Bond minions for Battlepets, Mechs and Vespyrs. In addition, we’ve got TONS of Abyssian and Magmar cards, so be sure to set aside some extra time for those :wink: Anybody else like lizard wizards?

Lyonar Cards
Sunstone Emblem / Lyonar / Common Spell / 1 Mana

Restore 1 Health to your General and any minion. Draw a card.

• Purpose: Healyonar is a weird archetype mainly gated by the fact that proccing heals is expensive and requires quite a bit of setup. This cantrip is designed to give you 2 cheap, tiny procs for combo purposes. Whether it would break the archetype is questionable: this card is pretty worthless on its own.
Sunspot / Lyonar / Common Minion / 1 Mana / (3/1)

Airdrop, Opening Gambit: Deal 3 damage to your General and draw a card.

• Purpose: A hyper aggressive minion mainly balanced by its vulnerability to pings. As an early play this card is deadly, and frankly I’d agree that its OP (not to mention the combo with Holy Immo) but the concept is solid imo
  • Alternatives: 2/1 body, 4 damage to General OR no cantrip.
Potenza / Lyonar / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (3/7)

Opening Gambit: Deal 4 damage to this minion.

• Purpose: A 3 Mana 3/3 that acts as a strong heal target.
Halberd / Lyonar / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (2/3)

May attack enemies up to 2 spaces away.

• Purpose: A “Ranged” minion that works with Lyonar’s close positioning theme.
Lordside Gheist / Lyonar / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (5/4)

Ephemeral, Zeal: This minion does not disappear at the end of the turn.

• Purpose: A strong body that needs to stand next to your General to live. Vulnerable to positioning effects.
Lovelock Gargoyle / Lyonar / Epic Minion / 4 Mana / (4/4)

Airdrop, Friendly minions affected by your Bloodborn spell gain +2 Health.

• Purpose: Makes Argeon give Greater Fortitude to everything, gives Ziran extra Health for her heals, and makes Sunbreaker OP.
Philtre / Lyonar / Epic Minion / 5 Mana / (4/7)

Whenever a friendly minion heals another unit, give that minion +1/+1.

• Purpose: 3/4 Healing Mystics. 6/6 Emerald Rejuvenators. I think you get the idea.
Cannes / Lyonar / Legendary Minion / Arcanyst / 5 Mana / (4/6)

Your spells that cost 1 Mana cost 0 Mana instead.

• Purpose: Lyonar has a lot of perfectly balanced Cantrips. Let’s fix that, shall we?

Vetruvian Cards
Alignment Shift / Vetruvian / Rare Spell / 1 Mana

Place a copy of the last minion your opponent summoned from their action bar in your action bar.

• Purpose: Weird card that allows you to make weird cross faction combos in fun decks, on ladder or with friends.
Cryptoclaim / Vetruvian / Epic Spell / 6 Mana

Return any minion to your Action Bar.

• Purpose: Like Blood of Air/Dominate Will, but you need to spend the mana again on the minion. Sabotage-y spell.
Homun / Vetruvian / Legendary Minion / Dervish / 5 Mana / (2/2)

At the end of your turn, summon an Iron Dervish in front of this minion with the same stats and abilities.

• Purpose: Can really only be played as a combo with buffs. Worst case scenario, 2 2/2s. Best case scenario, 2 5/7s with Provoke and General immunity, or something equally scary. Vulnerable to dispel.

Songhai Cards
Dirk / Songhai / Common Minion / 2 Mana / (1/3)

Destroy any minion that costs 3 or less damaged by this minion.

• Purpose: You ever think “wow, I wish I had a cheaper Celestial Phantom”?
Vanishi / Songhai / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (3/3)

Opening Gambit: Return a friendly minion to your Action Bar and give it +2/+2.

• Purpose: Combo deck fodder, probably best with Baconator and similar concepts.
Shuri Negotiator / Songhai / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (2/3)

Whenever this minion moves or is moved, deal 1 damage to the enemy General.

• Purpose: I just thought it made sense. Maybe better in Kaleos than Reva?
Synthetic Shift / Songhai / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (3/3)

Cannot be targeted by attacks.

• Purpose: A Sand Howler for Songhai.
Kinnikuman / Songhai / Rare Minion / 4 Mana / (2/4)

After this minion attacks, double its Attack and Health.

• Purpose: A buff dude looking for more buffs. Kind of like Gorehorn but more Alpha.
Ombrey / Songhai / Rare Minion / 4 Mana / (3/5)

Backstab: 2, May move again after attacking.

• Purpose: The idea with this is a strong Backstabber that can hit something then move backwards, forcing the opponent to hit it from the unsavory side. Also nice with Onyx Jaguar.
Flicker / Songhai / Epic Spell / 0 Mana

The next minion you summon costs 3 less and returns to your action bar at the end of your turn.

• Purpose: Another combo card, nice with Opening Gambit minions, minions with strong persistent effects and anything else you can think of.
Shadowswap / Songhai / Epic Spell / 5 Mana

Return a friendly minion to your Action Bar and summon a 3/3 Shadow with Rush in its place.

• Purpose: Kage Bunshin no Jutsu! Grab back a friendly minion for later use and drop a solid Rush minion in its place.

Abyssian Cards
Gravelurker / Abyssian / Common Minion / 2 Mana / (0/3)

Opening Gambit: Gain +2 Attack for each friendly Wraithling in play.

• Purpose: Combo with Wraithling Swarm/Lilithe BBS and drop a strong body on the board that can escape most of those annoying aoe spells.
Tangleweed Brute / Abyssian / Common Minion / 2 Mana / (2/3)

At the end of your turn, grant +1 Attack to nearby friendly Shadow Creep.

• Purpose: Shadow Creep has an Attack value which corresponds to how much damage it deals. This is support for a damage based Creep deck that can ping the entire enemy force reliably.
Squealer / Abyssian / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (0/3)

Opening Gambit and Dying Wish: Draw a card.

• Purpose: Dying Wish minion for cheap hand refuel. We support all archetypes here at thefirstgokun inc.
Death Adder / Abyssian / Common Minion / 4 Mana / (3/5)

Deathwatch: Give a random friendly Wraithling +1 Attack.

• Purpose: Get it because you’re adding up the Wraithling’s attacks hahahaha
Idol of Massacre / Abyssian / Rare Minion / Structure / 2 Mana / (0/4)

Whenever your General destroys a minion, summon a Wraithling nearby.

• Purpose: Early support minion that could hopefully help out my one woman Lilithe deck (have you heard of The Releaser?) :wink:
Lacuna / Abyssian / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (3/3)

Bloodsurge: Friendly Shadowcreep deals triple damage this turn.

• Purpose: Another damage based creep card, could make a cool combo deck with Cryptographer/Darkspine Elemental.
Saccharin Summon / Abyssian / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (5/4)

Can only be summoned nearby at least two friendly nontoken minions.

• Purpose: A strong body that blends into the swarm.
Fabelle / Abyssian / Rare Minion / Arcanyst / 4 Mana / (2/5)

Bond: Grant a random friendly Arcanyst Flying.

• Purpose: It’s a witch on a broomstick! Just thought it would be cute :blush:
Culling / Abyssian / Rare Spell / 5 Mana

Target minion deals damage to all nearby enemy minions equal to its Attack.

• Purpose: For Bigbyssian, a pseudo-Frenzy spell.
Black Bramble / Abyssian / Epic Spell / 2 Mana

All Friendly Shadow Creep deals +1 damage.

• Purpose: Like Lurking Fear, this spell increases all your Shadow Creep damage permanently for the rest of the game.
Bred for Slaughter / Abyssian / Epic Spell / 4 Mana

Give all minions in your Action Bar “Dying Wish: Draw a card.”

• Purpose: Nice combo with Lurking Fear, you can offset the cost of this card if you get 4 minions with the spell. Dump hand, then draw it back just as quick.
Altar of Krows / Abyssian / Epic Minion / Structure / 3 Mana / (0/4)

Dying Wish: Give all nearby friendly minions Flying.

• Purpose: This one is… weird. The idea came to me but I knew it was a bad idea to give Abyssian good mobility cards, so this thing was the result. Probably the weakest design imo, but it has a kick ass name.
Saturnalia / Abyssian / Epic Minion / 4 Mana / (2/5)

Dying Wish: Place a random minion whose mana cost is equal to this minion’s Attack in your action bar.

• Purpose: The minion can be any minion from any faction, because I want it to be. Y’know, for fun. Just another Dying Wish card that I enjoy in theory.
Antimony / Abyssian / Epic Minion / 4 Mana / (5/2)

Dying Wish: Reduce the cost of all cards in your Action Bar by 1

• Purpose: Another Dying Wish minion that helps you dump your hand. God I love that archetype.
Sacrivizier / Abyssian / Legendary Minion / 4 Mana / (5/5)

Has Rush if at least 5 minions have died since the end of your last turn.

• Purpose: If you can combo well enough to proc the Rush, this is a really strong minion. It also gains Rush if you summon it back from the dead with Nether Summoning or Zurael.

Magmar Cards

I toy with a new archetype in this set, so I should explain the abundance of 1 drops. Hatchling Caretaker and Ringfrog Leader are two minions that buff all your 1 cost minions, and Flood of Scales is a spell that synergizes with all 2 or less cost minions. Decks built around these cards flood the board turn 1, then buff the army of minions with powerful effects. With that in mind, the first four cards in this set are designed specifically to synergize with them.

Acorn / Magmar / Common Minion / 1 Mana / (0/1)

Forcefield, Grow: +1/+1

Rabal / Magmar / Common Minion / 1 Mana / (2/1)

Opening Gambit: The enemy in front of this attacks this at the start of your opponent’s turn.

Ringu / Magmar / Common Minion / 1 Mana / (1/2)

Opening Gambit: Draw a card.

Rustling Underbrush / Magmar / Rare Spell / 4 Mana

Summon 3 random minions that cost 1 mana.

• Purpose: Just to clarify, the minions can be either Magmar or Neutral.
Flood of Scales / Magmar / Rare Spell / 4 Mana

Destroy all friendly minions that cost 2 or less and summon a Gro nearby each.

• Purpose: Play all your 1 drops and then make them all 2 drops. Works great with all the above cards as well as Zyx.
Indulgence / Magmar / Rare Spell / 4 Mana

Draw 2 cards. Each card you draw this turn costs 1 less.

• Purpose: Starhorn support that allows you to consistently draw and spam and draw and spam and overdraw your opponent :wink: Can you imagine the implications?
One of Many / Magmar / Rare Minion / 2 Mana / (3/2)

Rebirth, Bloodsurge: Summon an egg copy of this minion in a random nearby space.

• Purpose: Another strong Rebirth minion that increases the number of Rebirth minions you have.
Hatchling Caretaker / Magmar / Rare Minion / 3 / (1/5)

Whenever you summon a minion that costs 1 or less, give it +1/+1.

• Purpose: The first of the 1 drop synergizers. Rabal, Acorn and Ringu all take a +1/+1 buff REALLY well, so imagine having two of these on the board.
'Zerkozaur / Magmar / Rare Minion / Warmaster / 4 Mana / (2/6)

Frenzy, Friendly Frenzy minions have this minion’s Attack.

• Purpose: The first of the Magmar Warmasters, focusing on a Frenzy-centric deck. Buff your whole board by +2 Attack while this minion is there, then double buff everything again with cards like Greater Fortitude and the one Bloodsurge guy (lizard Santa, whatever his name is) for big damage.
Yattikus / Magmar / Rare Minion / Warmaster / 4 Mana / (5/3)

Frenzy, Opening Gambit: Give a friendly unit Frenzy.

• Purpose: The second of the Magmar Warmasters, focusing on a Frenzy-centric deck. Turn every minion into a Frenzied threat.
Koretaker / Magmar / Rare Minion / 4 Mana / (3/3)

Opening Gambit: Grow all friendly minions.

• Purpose: A grow support minion, like Wild Inceptor but viable(?)
Primal Eye / Magmar / Epic Minion / Arcanyst / 2 Mana / (2/2)

Whenever you summon an Egg, reduce the cost of a random spell in your Action Bar by 1.

• Purpose: A Magmar Arcanyst, here to help out with your expensive spells. Lizard Wizard archetype confirmed!
Ringfrog Leader / Magmar / Epic Minion / 3 Mana / (1/3)

Friendly minions that cost 1 or less have Grow: +2/+2.

• Purpose: The second of the 1 drop synergizers. Combos well with Moloki Huntress and anything else that synergizes with Grow (see: Koretaker)
Masadonist / Magmar / Epic Minion / 5 Mana / (7/6)

Whenever this minion is damaged or destroyed, deal 1 damage to both Generals.

• Purpose: Plain old big minion for Aggromar.
Zoologos / Magmar / Epic Minion / 5 Mana / (4/4)

Rebirth, Opening Gambit: Summon an egg copy of this minion nearby.

• Purpose: Comboed with Egg synergies, you can get plenty of value from these two big bodies.
Tyranny / Magmar / Legendary Spell / 6 Mana

Transform a minion into a friendly Egg.

• Purpose: Dominate Will for Magmar, with a couple more combo requirements.
Dualong / Magmar / Legendary Minion / 5 Mana / (4/4)

Grow: Double the buffs of all friendly minions.

• Purpose: Extra-Grow-y Grow minion Growing.
Ixuani / Magmar / Legendary Minion / 6 Mana / (5/5)

Grow: +1/+1. Minions in your Action Bar have Grow: +1/+1. Whenever this minion Grows, so do the minions in your Action Bar.

• Purpose: Oldschool Kara, the minion. Build up your hand and make Grow viable :wink: (with the help of Moloki of course)

Vanar Cards
Sublima / Vanar / Common Minion / 4 Mana / (4/3)

Opening Gambit: Stun all minions in this column, including this minion.

• Purpose: More Stun procs! I like Stun n’ Gun Vanar a lot as a potential archetype, but it still doesn’t have enough support.
Persistent Yeta / Vanar / Epic Minion / Vespyr / 4 Mana / (3/3)

Bond: Gain “Dying Wish: Summon this minion in a random space at the end of this turn.”

• Purpose: A fun minion that keeps coming back as long as a Vespyr sticks around. Vulnerable to board clears.
Krackling Druid / Vanar / Epic Minion / 5 Mana / (4/7)

Whenever you summon a minion from your action bar, deal 1 damage to all nearby enemies.

• Purpose: Action bar theme explored: Krackling Druid turns your Illusions into aoe damage.
Howler Alpha / Vanar / Legendary Minion / Vespyr / 4 Mana / (3/3)

Infiltrate: At the end of your turn all friendly minions on your opponent’s starting side gain +1/+1.

• Purpose: Strong Inflitrate minion that really turns the Infiltrate zone into your deadly domain.

Neutral Cards
Araki Trackmaster / Neutral / Epic Minion / 3 Mana / (3/1)

Opening Gambit: Draw a minion from your deck with at least 1 ability in common with a target minion.

• Purpose: A minion that can fish for your favorite minion with questionable accuracy. Designed to help you dig for specific cards (kind of like Cryogenesis and Vespyr minions).
Tarsier / Neutral / Epic Minion / Battlepet / 4 Mana / (5/4)

Whenever a friendly Battlepet activates, give it +2/+2.

• Purpose: Another Battlepet synergizer, likely best with Crimson Coil.
Sworn Advocate / Neutral / Epic Minion / 4 Mana / (4/4)

Whenever your General takes damage, refresh your Bloodborn spell.

• Purpose: More BBS = more fun (unless you’re fighting Faie) :kissing: Joins Sword Defender and Avenger.
Sigma Lariat / Neutral / Epic Minion / Mech / 4 Mana / (4/3)

Bond: Double the Health of all friendly Mechs.

• Purpose: Another Mech for whatever reason. I liked the name, so I made the card.
Tricorn / Neutral / Epic Minion / 4 Mana / (5/4)

Opening Gambit: At the start of your next turn, deal 3 damage to all enemies nearby this minion.

• Purpose: A defensive card that punishes enemies who can’t remove/escape this minion.
Excavator / Neutral / Epic Minion / Structure / 4 Mana / (0/8)

At the start of each turn deal 3 damage to the unit in front of this minion and move forward 1 space.

• Purpose: A Structure that drills through the battlefield, dealing tons of damage. Both players can move it to their advantage. Likely most powerful in Songhai.
Redeye Turret / Neutral / Epic Minion / Structure / 4 Mana / (0/8)

At the end of each turn, deal 2 damage to all minions up to 2 spaces away.

• Purpose: A Structure that can benefit both players, best played in Songhai, who can move the structure for surprising range and aoe damage.
Valiant Thresher / Neutral / Epic Minion / Warmaster / 5 Mana / (3/6)

Celerity, Friendly Celerity minions may move and attack an additional time each turn.

• Purpose: A Celerity Warmaster, likely strongest in Lyonar with their abundance of strong Celerity minions (might as well give Azurite Flying)
Scylla / Neutral / Epic Minion / 6 Mana / (3/3)

Opening Gambit: All friendly minions deal 1 damage to each nearby enemy.

• Purpose: Excellent board clear with deadly implications for a lot of minions that have on-hit effects: Celestial Phantom, Sojourner, Purgatos, etc.
Propulsor / Neutral / Epic Minion / Mech / 6 Mana / (5/2)

Bond: Give a minion directly in front of this minion Rush.

• Purpose: You have to play Mechs to play this minion, but its strong when it works.
Tango Samba / Neutral / Epic Minion / 6 Mana / (7/4)

Opening Gambit: Whenever your General destroys a minion this turn, reactivate your General.

• Purpose: Excellent card for Artifact decks, both Vanar and Vetruvian.
Mewthazar / Neutral / Legendary Minion / Battlepet / 6 Mana / (5/5)

Bond: Activate all friendly Battlepets.

• Purpose: Another reactivator for Battlepet decks.
Omeh the Blasphemer / Neutral / Legendary Minion / 5 Mana / (2/6)

Friendly minions activate their Dying Wish after they are summoned.

• Purpose: Works each time the minion is summoned, whether from hand or from death or from cards like Fractal Replication.
Alexandria / Neutral / Legendary Minion / 5 Mana / (5/5)

Opening Gambit: Both players start with 5 less mana on their next turn.

• Purpose: Get it? Like the library? A strong, anti-control card for tempo decks. If you don’t end the game after playing this, you might just be in trouble. Play to make your minions safer from removal for one extra turn (doesn’t work against Aspect of the Fox, but DOES work against Frostburn) Lock out your opponent, then dare to pay the price.
Rift Ambassador / Neutral / Legendary Minion / 6 Mana / (3/3)

Airdrop, Opening Gambit: Place 3 random cards from your opponent’s faction in your action bar.

• Purpose: Let’s have some fun! I love putting cards I’m not supposed to have in my hand and seeing what I can do with them. Unviable, but fun!

DAIIMN SON! U ben bis-say.

He alwaiz bizeh, an now we no wut he duz wen he aint meme-ing

Alright guys, you know what time it is. That’s right, time for another gajillion Duelyst concepts, and boy do we have some weird ones this time around! Some really weird Legendaries are available, so I recommend you check out Magmar’s Grandmaster, the Neutral replace finisher, and the trio of Artifacts I’ve cooked up for Vetruvian: they’re a doozy!

note: the “Purpose” category isn’t done right now, but that might change in the future. For now, just have fun with these concepts :wink:

Lyonar Cards

You guys know me, I always like to do themes, and this month I’ve got a few different ones for Lyonar. As usual, there are some scattered Artifact and healing synergies, but a certain idea prompted me to make a bunch of different Bloodsurge minions! Imagine that, Bloodsurge Lyonar! You ready? Let’s GO!

Battle Purity / Lyonar / Common Spell / 2 Mana

Dispel all minions. Draw a card.

• Purpose:
Highmayne Templar / Lyonar / Common Minion / 2 Mana / (2/3)

Opening Gambit: Gain +1/+1 for each Artifact you have and reduce the durability of your Artifacts by 1

• Purpose:
Coat of Arms / Lyonar / Rare Artifact / 4 Mana

Whenever this Artifact loses Durability, draw a card.

• Purpose:
Farnese / Lyonar / Rare Minion / 5 Mana / (5/4)

Opening Gambit: Stun a minion. If it costs 3 or less, dispel and destroy it.

• Purpose:
Rigor / Lyonar / Epic Spell / 2 Mana

Transform all friendly minions into random Lyonar minions of the same cost. Draw a card.

• Purpose:
Promote / Lyonar / Epic Spell / 4 Mana

Transform all friendly minions costing 2 mana or less into Silverguard Knights.

• Purpose:

Healyonar Cards

Crescenta / Lyonar / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (1/5)

Opening Gambit: Restore 2 Health to all nearby allies.

• Purpose:
Chiarassi / Lyonar / Epic Minion / 3 Mana / (1/3)

Whenever you restore Health to a minion, restore the same amount of Health to your General.

• Purpose:
Drapeau / Lyonar / Epic Minion / 4 Mana / (4/2)

Whenever a friendly minion deals damage, restore 2 health to it.

• Purpose:
Heavenfall / Lyonar / Epic Spell / 10 Mana

Deal 4 damage to each enemy. Costs 1 less mana for each point of damage you healed this turn.

• Purpose:

Bloodsurge Cards

Scimitaur / Lyonar / Common Minion / 5 Mana / (4/7)

Bloodsurge: Deal 3 damage to the enemy directly in front of this minion.

• Purpose:
Spidersmith / Lyonar / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (1/5)

Bloodsurge: Equip Sunstone Bracers to your General.

• Purpose:
Helmut / Lyonar / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (2/3)

Bloodsurge: Gain +1/+2

• Purpose:
Jericho / Lyonar / Rare Minion / 5 Mana / (2/10)

Bloodsurge: Give all friendly minions nearby your General +2 Attack.

• Purpose:
Masterwork Forgehammer / Lyonar / Epic Artifact / 3 Mana

Your General has +1 Attack and “Bloodsurge: Summon a Silverguard Squire in a random nearby space.”

• Purpose:
Forgebound Lion / Lyonar / Epic Minion / 4 Mana / (2/6)

Bloodsurge: Deal this minion’s Attack as damage to a random enemy minion.

• Purpose:
Noxferrous / Lyonar / Legendary Minion / Arcanyst / 6 Mana / (6/5)

Fill your Action Bar with copies of your Bloodborn Spell. All your spells are Bloodborn.

• Purpose:

Songhai Cards
Assassin Training / Songhai / Common Spell / 1 Mana

Give a minion “Whenever this deals damage to the enemy General, gain +1/+1.”

• Purpose:
Crucido / Songhai / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (2/4)

Backstab(0), Enemies damaged by this minion from behind are Stunned.

• Purpose:
Itakunai / Songhai / Epic Minion / 3 Mana / (1/4)

Backstab (1), Whenever this minion deals damage, restore health to your General equal to the damage dealt.

• Purpose:
Oyko / Songhai / Legendary Minion / 3 Mana / (3/2)

Whenever you deal 5 or more damage to the enemy General at once, put a Phoenix Fire in your Action Bar at the end of your turn.

• Purpose:

Vetruvian Cards

This month in Vetruvian we have a number of new Obelysk cards as well as a trio of Legendary Artifacts for all your sandy needs!

Forward Gale / Vetruvian / Common Spell / 1 Mana

Move all friendly minions forward 1 space.

• Purpose:
Marbledrop Obelysk / Vetruvian / Common Minion / Structure / 2 Mana / (0/4)

Summon Dervish, Opening Gambit: Draw a Structure.

• Purpose:
Entomber / Vetruvian / Rare Minion / Arcanyst / 2 Mana / (2/3)

Bond: Place a Sand Trap in your Action Bar and reduce its cost by 1.

• Purpose:
Vortigia / Vetruvian / Rare Minion / Dervish / 3 Mana / (4/2)

Dying Wish: Summon a Wind Dervish in this space.

• Purpose:
Soul Simulacrum / Vetruvian / Epic Spell / 3 Mana

Transform all friendly Dervishes into Soulburn Obelysks. Draw a card.

• Purpose:
Daedaloid Obelysk / Vetruvian / Epic Minion / Structure / 5 Mana / (6/6)

Summon Dervish, May Attack and Move.

• Purpose:
Musca / Vetruvian / Legendary Minion / 5 Mana / (3/3)

Your Structures cost 1 less. Opening Gambit: Place 3 random Obelysks in your Action Bar.

• Purpose:
Vexus Veil / Vetruvian / Legendary Artifact / 5 Mana

When this Artifact is destroyed, deal 6 damage to your opponent.

• Purpose:
Pharaon Tablet / Vetruvian / Legendary Artifact / 7 Mana

Your General has +3 Attack. When this Artifact is destroyed, your General gains Flying.

• Purpose:
Sarcovos Shawl / Vetruvian / Legendary Artifact / 7 Mana

Your General cannot die. When this Artifact is destroyed, restore 8 health to your General.

• Purpose:

Abyssian Cards
Umberlackey / Abyssian / Common Minion / 2 Mana / (2/3)

Has +2/+2. Opening Gambit: Dispel this minion.

• Purpose:
Midnight Meal / Abyssian / Rare Minion / 2 Mana / (1/1)

Dying Wish: Reduce the cost of the next minion you summon this turn by 2.

• Purpose:
Creedo / Abyssian / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (2/4)

When you summon a unit on friendly Shadow Creep, give it +1/+1.

• Purpose:
Grieverwing / Abyssian / Rare Minion / 4 Mana / (3/2)

Flying, Dying Wish: Deal damage to the enemy General equal to this minion’s Attack.

• Purpose:
Behelit / Abyssian / Epic Artifact / 4 Mana

At the end of your turn, transform a random friendly minion into a 6/6 Horror.

• Purpose:
King Weeper / Abyssian / Epic Minion / 4 Mana / (3/4)

If this minion survives damage, transform it into a 6/6 Horror.

• Purpose:

Magmar Cards
Seekerstone / Magmar / Common Artifact / 2 Mana

You may replace two additional times each turn.

• Purpose:
Dai Dai / Magmar / Common Minion / 2 Mana / (2/1)

Opening Gambit: Place a copy of the last card you drew in your action bar.

• Purpose:
Grandmaster Zygoda / Magmar / Legendary Minion / 8 Mana / (2/10)

Rush, Opening Gambit: Gain your General’s abilities and equip 3 random Artifacts to this minion.

• Purpose:

Vanar Cards
Verglas / Vanar / Common Minion / Structure / 1 Mana / (0/4)

At the start of your turn, Stun the closest enemy minion in front of this minion.

• Purpose:
Skinwalker / Vanar / Rare Minion / Arcanyst / 2 Mana / (1/2)

Opening Gambit: Gain +1 Attack and +1 Health for each spell that you cast this turn.

• Purpose:
Withdraw / Vanar / Common Spell / 2 Mana

Return all friendly minions to your Action Bar. They get +1/+1 and cost 1 less.

• Purpose:
Lupus / Vanar / Epic Minion / 4 Mana / (3/2)

Opening Gambit: Give this minion and a friendly minion “Dying Wish: Summon a 3/2 Ghost Wolf on this space.”

• Purpose:

Neutral Cards
Annihilus / Neutral / Common Minion / 9 Mana / (6/6)

Opening Gambit: Destroy an enemy minion.

• Purpose:
Isul / Neutral / Epic Minion / 3 Mana / (0/1)

Opening Gambit: Gain the Attack and Health of all nearby friendly minions.

• Purpose:
Lancinus, the Legendseer / Neutral / Legendary Minion / 1 Mana / (2/1)

Opening Gambit: Transform all cards in your Action Bar into random faction Legendaries.

• Purpose:
Jude, Advocate of Balance / Neutral / Legendary Minion / 7 Mana / (6/10)

Minions cannot be dispelled, destroyed, or transformed by noncombat effects.

• Purpose:
Nightfall / Neutral / Legendary Minion / 8 Mana / (5/8)

Rush, If this card is in your hand at the end of your turn Replace it.

• Purpose:

Man I haven’t finished reading Lyonar and there are already some Op Op cards. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit: That Magmar Grandmaster is… and those two last Neutral cards are… *sigh. In a more serious note all these cards seem interesting and fun to play (with not against) whether they are balanced or not. I would really like for you to explain some of the purposes behind certain cards especially the Abyssian ones. The rest are pretty much self explanatory but an insight would be welcome. :grin:

Ok, here we go! I have few ideas for a mechanic called “Delay” which I thought might be interesting, so I guess I’ll post them here.

Delay Mechanic (Read First)

Delay (X): In X amount of turns, do Y.

For example: Delay(2): Draw a card.

Two turns after this is played or summoned, draw a card. On minions it works similar to Bond in that it activates every time it is summoned, not just played.

Temporal Magi

Temporal Magi
1-Mana, 2/1
Delay (3): If this minion is dead, resummon it.

Wyrmhole

Wyrmhole
3-Mana, 0/8, Structure
Delay (3): If this is your only minion, summon two 3/4 Wyrms.

Temporal Healer

Temporal Healer
3-Mana, 3/3
Delay (5): If your General has 10 or less Health, restore 7 Health to it.

Nice idea, but its kind of unreliable, because in order to activate the delayed effect, a minion must

1. not die/removed
  2. dispelled
    before the effect activates. This would set a great time bomb with a more op effects, but in other hand a very slow tactic

The minion can still die or be dispelled, the effect is like a Opening Gambit in that it activates when they are summoned, but instead of using the effect it waits a few turns.

That’s why the first minion would be usable, because you want it to die in 2 turns or less, otherwise it won’t get resummoned.

excuse me, can you explain it again please? maybe give us some example?

Temporal Magi
1-Mana, 2/1
Delay (3): If this minion is dead, resummon it.

Three turns after this minion is summoned, it executes the effect listed. It will try to execute this effect regardless of whether or not the minion is still in play.

For this minion specifically, it will resummon itself IF it died.

ah i see… now that you explained it looks like much more interesting.
3 turns delay for a 1 mana minions looks ideal, since if the minion is dead there’s a chance that your opponent forgot that there was an effect on delay and boom. great work

Edit: Added all the “Purpose” flavortext.

Hey what up guys, its ya boi @thefirstgokun here, bringing you another tasty set of card concepts. I was feeling a little burnt out on everything, so to shake things up around here I decided to design a full expansion and see how hard it is to fill space in a symmetrical release.

This expansion introduces 2 new mechanics, distributed amongst the factions like the past two expacs did. For size, this expac boasts 39 new cards, matching the Bloodborn style expansion model.

Now, I introduce you to…

The Gates of Vermillion

Fortify: You may play Artifacts on this minion. If you do, this minion gains the effects of the Artifact (instead of your General) and activates an effect.

Magmar Cards
Earthbound Caracara / Magmar / Legendary Minion / 5 Mana / (3/10)

Fortify: Deal damage to all nearby enemies equal to the original cost of the Artifact.

• Purpose: Incentivizes higher cost Artifact decks, since Magmar’s got a good spread of utility and damage Artifacts. Great in a deck with Adamantine Claws, Morin Khur, and two of the upcoming cards.
Shatterdome / Magmar / Rare Minion / 4 Mana / (2/3)

Rush, Fortify: The next minion this minion attacks is destroyed instantly.

• Purpose: A single target removal Rush minion. Can also push a tiny bit of face damage (or a lot, if you can stack Magmar’s heavier Artifacts), but is generally more helpful as a spell-on-legs.
Dactyl / Magmar / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (2/4)

Fortify: Your General gains “Grow: +1/+1.”

• Purpose: A weird little way to Grow your General faster. Can polarize a match: decks with dispel will have an easy time dealing with this ability, while decks without will struggle to close the game quickly.
Gargantuan Greaves / Magmar / Epic Artifact / 4 Mana

Your General gains +2 Attack. Your General cannot be counterattacked by enemies with less Attack.

• Purpose: A fantastic late game Artifact for Vaath, perfect for trading up with your opponent’s blockers and provoke minions, keeping your Artifacts healthy, and pushing face damage.
Volcanic Forge / Magmar / Rare Spell / 5 Mana

Draw 2 Artifacts from your deck and reduce their cost by 2 each.

• Purpose: The discount on the Artifacts and tutoring can make this card evil in the late game. Great fuel for Fortify/Artifact decks, as well as for Smash Vaath in the late game. Makes it easier to curve expensive Artifacts, but does nothing to board the turn you play it.
Runecarved Terrorpin / Magmar / Epic Minion / 5 Mana / (3/5)

Rebirth, Friendly Rebirth minions cannot be targeted by spells.

• Purpose: A heavy Rebirth minion, extremely sticky in the face of spell based removal. Might push Egg decks over the edge. I included this in the set because Rebirth minions could share a list with my favorite Magmar Artifact, Morin Khur.

Vetruvian Cards
Opus / Vetruvian / Legendary Minion / 6 Mana / (6/8)

Opening Gambit: Grant all friendly minions “Fortify: Place a copy of the Artifact in your Action Bar.”

• Purpose: Abuses Vetruvian’s token spam to turn Artifacts like Oblivion Sickle and Staff of Y’kir into game enders.
Appraising Syr / Vetruvian / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (1/5)

Fortify: Restore Health to your General equal to the original cost of the Artifact.

• Purpose: Vetruvian sports a number of high cost, low impact Artifacts. This minion will carry those Artifacts on a half decent body and heal your General, providing much needed sustain to Sajj lists.
Y'kir's Guard / Vetruvian / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (2/4)

Provoke, Fortify: Equip a Staff of Y’kir to your General.

• Purpose: A strong controlling minion for Artifact decks. Can help trades or stall enemies. Very versatile.
Sword of Creation / Vetruvian / Epic Artifact / 2 Mana

Your General has +1 Attack. At the start of your turn, place a Sword of Creation in your Action Bar.

• Purpose: Vetruvians benefit from having many Artifacts available to them, as do their Fortify minions. Here is an Artifact that takes a little protecting but can also net a lot of value, both in card draw and in proccing Fortify or Aurora’s Tears.
Y'kir's Blessing / Vetruvian / Rare Spell / 4 Mana

Equip a Staff of Y’kir to each General and friendly minion with Fortify.

• Purpose: This spell can be deadly on a board with Opus. All your Fortify minions are already solid bodies with good effects, and this spell gives them all +2 Attack and procs their abilities. Potential game ender with any sort of board.
Solar Wingshield / Vetruvian / Epic Minion / 3 Mana / (1/3)

Flying, Opening Gambit: Reduce the cost of each Artifact in your Action Bar by 1.

• Purpose: With all the support for full hands of Artifacts in this set, I decided Artifact acceleration would be important. The body is also incidentally quite helpful with any Vetruvian buff or Opus.

Lyonar Cards
Heavy Arms Dealer / Lyonar / Legendary Minion / 4 Mana / (3/5)

Celerity, Fortify: Equip the Artifact to this minion again.

• Purpose: A Celerity minion that takes Artifact “buffs” twice. High priority threat and slightly stickier than Lysian Brawler.
Forgemaster Prefect / Lyonar / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (2/3)

Airdrop, Fortify: Draw an Artifact.

• Purpose: Good synergy with cheap Artifacts like Sunstone Bracer, especially for tutoring Regalias in an Artifact deck.
Sunstone Buccaneer / Lyonar / Common Minion / 2 Mana / (3/2)

Fortify: Gain +1/+1.

• Purpose: The most basic Fortify design. Lyonar is just really basic.
Pristine Buckler / Lyonar / Epic Artifact / 1 Mana

Your Artifacts are immune to non-combat effects.

• Purpose: Great card for Artifact decks alongside Regalia and Dawn’s Eye. You can also place this on a Fortify minion in the backline to protect your General’s tools, allowing you an additional Artifact slot.
Tithe Collection / Lyonar / Rare Spell / 1 Mana

Steal 1 health from each of your minions. Draw a card.

• Purpose: One of a number of cards I drafted after CPG made it clear the “Steal” keyword was here to stay. Cantrips and helps facilitate multiple heal procs in a turn.
Sanctum Mother / Lyonar / Epic Minion / 3 Mana / (3/6)

At the end of your turn, steal 2 health from this minion.

• Purpose: A minion that facilitates heal procs for Healyonar. Rather basic, but a useful body, especially on top of Hallowed Ground.

Elude: You may summon a friendly minion from your action bar on this minion’s space. If you do, return this minion to your action bar and activate an effect.

Songhai Cards
Smokereader / Songhai / Legendary Minion / 4 Mana / (3/4)

Backstab(2), Elude: If the next minion has Backstab, give it Rush.

• Purpose: A game ender in the right decks. Facilitates the chaining of multiple Backstabs, synergizes with Shadow Waltz, essentially doubles the number of Inner Focuses you can have in a deck, and is a hefty threat on its own.
Starstriker / Songhai / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (2/1)

Ranged, Elude: Deal 3 damage to the closest enemy in front of this minion.

• Purpose: A reusable Phoenix Fire that is also a Ranged threat, but the body is vulnerable to ping. Best used for the Elude effect, which is overpriced but helps with hand size.
Roofrunner / Songhai / Common Minion / 1 Mana / (3/1)

Elude: Move the next minion behind the enemy General.

• Purpose: A 1 mana threat that trades up incredibly well and attracts pings like a flame attracts moths. Can assist Backstab decks or Onyx Jaguar decks.
Cobrafang Dagger / Songhai / Epic Artifact / 3 Mana

Your General gains +1 Attack this turn each time the enemy General takes damage.

• Purpose: Crazy combo artifact with Cyclone Mask, Bangle of Blinding Strikes or Mask of Shadows. Pretty deadly in the late game, especially in a ping heavy deck with Four Winds Magi and Bloodrage Mask.
Befuddle / Songhai / Rare Spell / 4 Mana

Equip a Befuddling Scroll to your opponent.

(Befuddling Scroll: Your General acts like a Battlepet.")

• Purpose: Deadly in a heavy minion deck, particularly with Backstab minions or Hamon Bladeseeker. A cheaper Grandmaster Zendo effect without the body.
Kaido Mentor / Songhai / Epic Minion / 3 Mana / (2/2)

Opening Gambit: Give all minions in your Action Bar “Backstab(1)”.

• Purpose: Synergizes well with Shadow Waltz, Killing Edge, and Smokereader (see above).

Abyssian Cards
Shadow Shamanist / Abyssian / Legendary Minion / 7 Mana / (7/5)

Elude: Summon 1/1 Wraithlings in all nearby spaces.

• Purpose: A board refiller for the ages. Most interesting when played with Furiosa or Deepfire Devourer, but great with any cheap minion. Can turn a Swarm Abyssian game very quickly, and defies most forms of board clear.
Garrotte / Abyssian / Rare Minion / 3 Mana / (4/2)

Elude: Steal 2 Health from the enemy General.

• Purpose: A sustain-oriented minion much like Desolator. An overpriced Void Pulse, but good for keeping both your hand and your General healthy.
Deathfire Prophesier / Abyssian / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (3/3)

Elude: Give the next minion “Deathwatch: Gain +1/+1.”

• Purpose: The worries with this card are its applications with Rush minions, namely Saberspine Tiger. However, Deathfire Crescendo already exists, so there isn’t really much issue with that. A strong, tempo focused body that is best used with good buff targets like Primus Fist and Azure Herald.
Memory Cowl / Abyssian / Epic Artifact / 4 Mana

Your General gains the effects of all friendly Artifacts destroyed this game.

• Purpose: A weirdo Artifact to build a deck around, much like The Releaser. As the game goes on, the bonuses for this Artifact can get really crazy, making multiple Cowls a potential win condition.
Soulreaping / Abyssian / Rare Spell / 3 Mana

Steal 1 Health from each enemy.

• Purpose: A low level aoe and General heal, potentially interesting alongside Punish or Gleameyes (see below).
Gleameyes / Abyssian / Epic Minion / 5 Mana / (3/3)

Opening Gambit and Dying Wish: Give all minions in your opponent’s Action Bar -1/-1. Cannot reduce minions below 1 Health.

• Purpose: One of my favorites of this set’s designs. Great for Dying Wish decks that can resummon their minions, hilarious against swarm (especially alongside aoe like Skorn or Breath of the Unborn).

Vanar Cards
Prismalyne / Vanar / Legendary Minion / 5 Mana / (6/5)

Elude: Stun all nearby enemy minions.

• Purpose: A permastun card for stalling (much better than the Matron). Requires cheap procs, but with Snowchasers and Crystal Cloakers this should be a breeze.
Snowlurker / Vanar / Rare Minion / Vespyr / 4 Mana / (4/3)

Elude: Summon two 2/1 Snowchasers in random nearby spaces.

• Purpose: Why has God abandoned us.
Snowdrift Monk / Vanar / Common Minion / Arcanyst / 2 Mana / (1/4)

Elude: Place a random Vanar spell in your Action Bar.

• Purpose: An Arcanyst ally aimed at assisting an annoying archetype. Great minion early for the body and late for the card draw.
Tailwind Raiment / Vanar / Epic Artifact / 3 Mana

Whenever a minion returns to its owner’s Action Bar, deal 2 damage to a random enemy.

• Purpose: Sounds weak, but consider the following: Hailstone Prison, Snowchasers, 3 Elude minions (one of which summons more Snowchasers), Owlbeast Caretaker (see below), and Sand Burrower. Consider now that many of Vanar’s Artifacts, such as the Dredger and Lightning Asp, proc on General damage rather than General attack. This is my favorite theorycrafting card for that reason.
Manasurge / Vanar / Rare Spell / 1 Mana

Transform all minions in your Action Bar into random spells of the same cost, and vice versa.

• Purpose: Weirdo card, but potentially hilarious with Circulus and a hand full of Illusions. Note that this card only pulls from your faction’s card pool.
Owlbeast Caretaker / Vanar / Epic Minion / 2 Mana / (3/2)

Opening Gambit: Return a friendly minion to your Action Bar to give it and Owlbeast Caretaker both +1/+1.

• Purpose: More retreating minions, sort of in line with the Elude theme without quite being an Elude minion. Great with high value Opening Gambits like Zyx, Healing Mystic and Ash Mephyt.

Neutral Cards
Simian / Neutral / Legendary Minion / 5 Mana / (3/7)

Provoke, Whenever this minion takes damage place a random Artifact in your Action Bar.

• Purpose: A big brutish body for filling your Action Bar with Artifacts, useful or otherwise.
Pingas / Neutral / Rare Minion / 4 Mana / (5/3)

Your General takes 1 less damage from all sources.

• Purpose: An Artifact card that doesn’t say anything about Artifacts. This card reduces the chance of getting rekt by a Bloodrage Mask, Four Winds Magi, or swarm of Wraithlings.
Emerald Squire / Neutral / Common Minion / 3 Mana / (2/4)

Opening Gambit: Return a friendly minion to your Action Bar to restore 3 Health to your General.

• Purpose: Similar synergies with Owlbeast Caretaker, with the added bonus of extending the lives of Control decks.

Triple Agent
3 mana
neutral 2/4
Sentinel: minion summoned
This minion, the minion that transformed this, and a random friendly minion gain +2/+2.