Update 1: Completed some much-needed topic upkeep, reorganized topic post.
Hello all, and welcome to the Discussion Hub! I’ve created this topic as a companion space for the Submission Hub and Card Design Contests. To that end, I have once again designed a set of general guidelines to maximize the organization, readability, and overall operational quality. Please give them a thorough read before posting. Thank you!
General Guidelines for Discussion Hub (Updated 10/31)
Please read these carefully.
If you have any issues with adhering to these guidelines (technical or otherwise), then please do not hesitate to contact me via PM. I am more than happy to help out or discuss alternatives.
Lastly, all of these are subject to change, and any major changes will be required to pass by community vote![/details]
The following content is NOT allowed in this topic:
- We have an entirely separate topic for submissions: the Submission Hub.
- This separation facilitates greater readability for both content.
- However, please feel free to share ideas or ask for feedback (e.g. wording, power level, cost) here before posting to the Submission Hub or Card Design Contest.[/details]
Memes, lore, or any other content not pertaining to the Submission Hub or Card Design Contest.
- There are plenty of other topics for that. Please use those instead.
[details=Brief, rude, and/or unhelpful comments.]
- I will uphold a zero-tolerance policy for trolling behavior.
- Some examples:
- “That’s my favorite design by far.” (While supportive, this doesn’t encourage discussion; comments like these are best left to PMs or a simple “Like”).
- “This card is so obviously OP, wow” (This kind of comment doesn’t help anyone, and needlessly takes up space; if you disagree with a design, then you need to give reasons for your beliefs).[/details]
- If the report concerns a contest submission in the Card Design Contest, then please contact me or any jury member serving for that month.
- If the report concerns a design submission in the Submission Hub, then please contact me.
- Essentially, be sure to maintain a balance between positive and negative feedback.
- Build-up rather than break-down.[/details]
[details=Be helpful and thorough.]
- This is a space to learn and grow in card design; do not assume anyone’s level of design or game experience.
- Again, if you take issue with a costing/statline/ability, then please explain your reasoning calmly and thoroughly (otherwise, we lose out on your perspective and an understanding of where you’re coming from).[/details]
Posting & Formatting Principles:
- The edit and quote functions are there for a reason.
I would appreciate it if you use the "Hide Details" function for lengthier responses/critiques, but it is not required.
Okay, no more guidelines, I promise! Ultimately, the goal here is to have fun and maintain a constructive, friendly, low-stakes space to share and discuss designs and ideas. Again, if you have any issues with these guidelines (or the Hubs in general), don’t hesitate to get in touch via PM. Thank you, and let the discussion commence!