Duelyst Forums

Faction Concept: The Tlaloque Valley

The Tlaloque Valley

Greetings, everyone. Believe it or not, this is my fourth faction concept. I am all out of good ideas at this point but I’ll give it my best shot. For now, I only have the Generals and the faction mechanics down, but my eventual goal is to finish the core set.

Lore & Visuals

The Tlaloque Valley is an elusive ancient civilization hidden away in the gorges and jungles of Mythron. They thrive together as a tribe, constructing elaborate temples and hunting ferocious beasts of the jungle. Although not much is known about this isolated nation, they are fabled for their ceremonial combat rituals, as well as sacrificial practices to appease the powerful god of the river they serve. As a faction inspired by Aztec and Mayan mythology, their color scheme will be based primarily on shades of Orange, with secondary colors such as green, brown, and red.

Generals

Ixaqui Templefist

Bloodbound Spell: Ancient Offering
Summon a random Totem nearby your General.

The Totems

Sunstone Totem
0/3 Structure token
At the end of your turn, give this minion +1 Health.

Moonshine Totem
0/3 Structure token
At the end of your turn, restore 1 Health to your General.

Bloodroot Totem
0/3 Structure token
At the end of your turn, deal 1 damage to the enemy General.

Design Explanation

Ixaqui will be the Totem General, with a BBS that summons one of 3 Totems. Although the Totems have no attack value, minions of the Tlaloque Valley will have a unique way to interact with these Totems. More on it later.

Xolotl Morningstar

Bloodbound Spell: Serpent Breath
Deal 2 damage to a friendly minion and turn its space into Parched Earth.

Parched Earth

Parched Earth
Tlaloque Tile
Damaged friendly minions and Generals on this space have +2 Attack.

Design Explanation

Ixaqui is the General utilizing the faction tile, Parched Earth. His BBS creates a powerful tile capable of buffing both your General and minions, and also has strong synergy with a faction mechanic I will elaborate on soon.

Core Mechanics

Mobilize

Mobilize is a faction keyword that allows minions to interact with friendly Totems. Whenever a minion with Mobilize is summoned, all nearby friendly Totems will Mobilize and transform into 2/2 Guardians.

Sunstone Totems will transform into Sunstone Guardians, Moonshine Totems will transform into Moonshine Guardians, and Bloodroot Totems will transform into Bloodroot Guardians.

The Guardians

Sunstone Guardian
2/2 token
At the end of your turn, give this minion +2 Health.

Moonshine Guardian
2/2 token
At the end of your turn, restore 2 Health to your General.

Bloodroot Guardian
2/2 token
At the end of your turn, deal 2 damage to the enemy General.

Sacrifice (X):

Whenever a minion with Sacrifice (X) takes damage equal to the (X) value in its text, an effect will activate. For instance, if a minion with “Sacrifice (2): Gain +1 Attack" takes 2 damage, it will gain +1 Attack.

Windrun

Windrun is a faction keyword mechanic. Minions with Windrun will be able to move past enemy minions and Generals. They are still not able to ignore enemy Provoke minions, however.

4 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
That doesn’t sound like you…:wink:

2 Likes