We expect to release the patch on November 17th around 12:30PM PST.
Get Some Free Common Crate Keys
Follow us on Twitter, Youtube, etc and get a FREE Common Crate Key for each follow.
As always all changed cards are disenchantable for roughly 1 week after the change for full spirit value.
We’ve got some exciting new changes this patch. When we make changes it’s with the goal to create a healthy environment for a wide variety of decks and play styles, and to maintain great faction balance.
Mana Vortex – Text changed to “The next spell you cast this turn costs 1 less.”
Songhai has been performing really well this season, and we’re looking to tone down their ability to recover from all-in turns. Mana Vortex will still allow you to create explosive turns, but you’ll have to look elsewhere to keep your action bar full.
Lantern Fox – Stats changed from 2/4 to 2/3.
Lantern Fox has been a staple in Songhai decks for a long time, and we don’t intend to change that. We do feel that it should provide slightly less value on average. Lantern Fox’s health has been reduced by 1.
Spelljammer – Cost changed from 3 to 4. Stats changed from 2/4 to 3/5.
Spelljammer is one of the strongest options for card draw, especially in aggressive decks. By bumping up its cost and stats, other deck strategies should have more room to flourish.
Cryogenesis – Cost changed from 3 to 4.
Cryogenesis is a good removal option in Duelyst, and can limit the viability of minions with 4 or less health. By increasing its cost, you’ll have to think twice when deciding to destroy their minion, or summon your own.
Rite of the Undervault – Cost changed from 5 to 6.
Abyssian can be a a strong faction when it comes to the late game. Rite of the Undervault’s cost has been increased to 6, so that it will take a bigger commitment for Abyssian players to draw cards. You’ll still get to refill after expending your hand, but the increased cost should ensure that your enemy isn’t quite as far behind.
Blistering Skorn – Cost changed from 3 to 4. Stats changed from 3/4 to 4/5.
Blistering Skorn gives each faction a board-clear option, which can disproportionately hurt the “swarm” playstyle. By bumping up its cost and stats, smaller minions should have a bit more breathing room.
We’re adding 4 new Legendary Battle Maps to the Armory!
- Battlemaps are Legendary Cosmetics. Each costs $7.99 or 3000 Spirit.
- You can set your Battlemap from the Deck Select screen after you’ve unlocked one.
- Your Battlemap will be used when you are PLAYER 1 in a game.
Quest Economy Changes
We’re re-balancing how gold is distributed between the 2 daily quests, and we’re introducing new quest types.
- We’re changing the 1st quest slot into a 20 GOLD quest that is always a faction quest.
- We’re changing the 2nd quest slot into a 50 GOLD quest that is meant to be finished in 5-10 games.
- Adventurer: Play 8 Games.
- Ultimate Aggressor: Deal 150 Damage to Enemy Generals
- Assassin: Destroy 50 Enemy Minions
- We’re changing the per-win reward to 15 GOLD every 3 WINS from every 2 WINS.
- We’re removing the cap on per-win rewards for players that want to grind out 50+ games per day.
Gold rewards help encourage play patterns. Right now, there is a big drop-off in rewards after playing your first 4 games every day. Instead, we want there to be a big GOLD payoff for playing 7-10 games while still having a viable way to grind to earn lots of GOLD every day.
Here’s how the math works out based on our simulations and play pattern data:
- At 4 games vast majority of players will earn 45 GOLD. This is less than the theoretical max in the old system.
- At 7-10 games vast majority of players will earn 110 to 125 GOLD. This is slightly more than in the old system.
We want an incentive for casual players (~4 games) to play a bit more, and we want a slight reward buff to engaged players (~8 games) that don’t win more than 60% of the time.
When we make these changes we do think of EVERY player type that forms the backbone of DUELYST (Casuals, Competitive, Grinders, etc.). We can’t always design systems that work perfectly to incentivize all 3 without hurting some other part of the game.
4 New Codex Chapters
We’ve added 4 new chapters to the Codex / Historia. Come and explore the chapters:
- Chapter 21: Rasha’s Betrayal and The Eternal Empire
- Chapter 22: The Vetruvian Wars
- Chapter 23: The Rise of Ziros Starstrider
- Chapter 24: Starstrider’s Final Gambit
- Fixed an issue with the Gauntlet Keyblade animation after winning a game.
- Fixed an issue with Dreadnought dying and making its own egg a 2/3. Should be a 0/1.
- Fixed an issue with interaction of Grandmaster Z’ir + Blindscorch + Psychic Conduit.
December Season Patch Preview
The December patch will not include new season cards as we aim to release our next expansion in mid-December. The season rewards for December will be a random card of the appropriate rarity for each division:
- Silver – Epic card.
- Gold – Legendary card (and all of above).
- Diamond – Rare card (and all of above).
- S-Rank – Common card + 1 Bonus Legendary card (and all of above).
We’re currently focusing on:
- Upcoming Card Expansion.
- Duelyst for Android and iOS.
- Localization, translation, and international release.
If you want to see previews of the upcoming units and get realtime updates on our progress and community events, follow us on Twitter.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://news.duelyst.com/duelyst-patch-1-76/