Duelyst Patch 1.75 – Duelyst

Duelyst Patch 1.75by Counterplay Games / October 27, 2016

We expect the patch to be released Oct 27th ~9PM PST.

75 patches since we started the BETA. We can hardly believe it. Thanks everyone for playing, streaming, sharing, laddering, pack opening, practice AI clobbering, card crafting, chest opening, opponent gold tipping, quest completing, replay watching, game spectating, gauntlet drafting, and solo challenge solving in DUELYST.

November Season Cards

• Azure Herald – 2 Cost Neutral Common – Opening Gambit: Restore 3 health to your General.
  • Zyx – 1 Cost Neutral Rare – Opening Gambit: Summon a copy of this minion on a random nearby space.
  • Ironclad – 5 Cost Neutral Epic – Dying Wish: Dispel all enemy minions.
  • Decimus – 4 Cost Neutral Legendary – Whenever your opponent draws a card deal 2 damage to the enemy general.

The new cards will become available on November 1st, and as always will be given as rewards at the end of the October season in the Season Reward Chest:

• Hitting Silver Division Rank 20+ earns 1x Monthly Epic
  • Hitting Gold Division Rank 10+ earns 1x Monthly Legendary
  • Hitting Diamond Division Rank 5+ earns 1x Monthly Rare
  • Hitting S-Rank earns 1x Monthly Common + 1x Random Legendary

Division Starter Bundles

We’re introducing a new type of product into the Armory: Division Starter Bundles.

Each bundle can be purchased only once and unlocks as you hit a division or meet its requirements.

• Bronze Starter Bundle
    • Requires 2 wins in Bronze Division
    • $4.99 USD for 5 Orbs and 3x Random Neutral Legendary
  • Silver Starter Bundle
    • Requires reaching Silver Division
    • $9.99 USD for 10 Orbs and 3x Random Neutral Epic
  • Gold Starter Bundle
    • Requires reaching Gold Division
    • $19.99 USD for 15 Orbs and 3x Random Faction Legendary

We plan for DUELYST to have many expansions, and we want newer players to have an easier time deciding what to purchase.

If you’ve already completed the requirements for a starter bundle in a past season, you should see appear it in the shop under the Specials category.

Bug Fixes and Minor Cleanup

• Fixed an issue where quest notifications were not showing correctly if multiple quests were progressed at the same time.
  • Improved performance and resource usage in preparation for Mobile. Memory usage should be reduced.
  • Games resulting in a draw show correctly on the on match profile screen.
  • Improved Practice AI decision making and fixed a few edge cases where it was not able to pick the optimal move.
  • Cards that react to card draw (Visionar, Vindicator, Decimus) should no longer react to “putting a card in hand” abilities (like Sworn Sister L’Kian).
Game Info Media Contact Us

© Counterplay Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://news.duelyst.com/duelyst-patch-1-75/

really diggin those division starters packs! :o

2 more days to climb from 3 to 0. gosh this is gonna be grueling.

oh man, the shotgun approach to monetisation. I guess if there is a million things to buy, people will buy something, right?

lets see if we can guess the theme for the monthly cards.

ill start
azure herald- screw aggro
zyx- screw gloomchaser
ironclad- screw vetruvian
decimus- screw songhai

Ironclad is more like adding salt onto the wounds of vetruvian.

As someone who was recently complaining about the lack of certainty in buying orbs and getting rewards out of them, these starterbundles are amazing! Thanks CP!

So my aim faction is still dead? I guess I’m playing after the expansion hits. See ya guys in 1month ~

Vetruvian: Blindscorch Decimus, Conduit it, and suicide it into an enemy minion. :slight_smile: (I’m really game to make a sabotage deck.)

The new bundles are “conversion” packages and are a great idea. They are aimed at getting people to spend on the game for the first time since people are more likely to spend again if they spend once. They are an excellent deal, except for the fact that if I buy them I will end up getting 3 Rooks and 3 Flaming Stampedes. :slight_smile:

0 Atk can attack?

Yep… I’m going to end up buying the $20 pack and opening 3x Storm Kage. Just calling it now.

Oh well… opens wallet

The bundles are quite good :slight_smile:

Azure Herald - Nice thighs, I think I will take them!

Zyx - Power creep at its finest, also exactly how I imagine Zyx looking like IRL.

Ironclad - We get it, you hate Vetruvian. No really, you can stop rubbing it in now.

Decimus - Where’s the Forcefield? LOL. If this were an anti-Vetruvian/Magmar/Abyssian card it would be a 2/4 Forcefield for 4. Just another free kill for KE/DSS this is. =S

Looking forward to giving you $35 on my P2W alt, CPG. =S

My F2P alts are T.T jealous.

I’m like 99% sure 0 Attack minions can’t attack. Otherwise, Vanar Walls would be able to suicide at 0 Attack, since they’re able to attack as normal if given any Attack.

The dream is dead and gone

Blind Scorched minions / 0 attack minions can’t attack. Hence, no suicide for them.

Which roughly translates into "arbitrary nerf to a deck that needs buffs "

It seems More like a precaution and clarification of mechanics so that it doesn’t get out of hand. A pre-emptive measure.

Oh I know. I certainly appreciate they are cleaning up some conflicting key words, that is a great move on their part. I am just sad and salty that they didn’t change it to be the opposite.

It makes sense, random card creation is inherently worse than drawing from your deck. far less consistent.