Duelyst Forums

Duelyst oneiromancy / cartomancy

You have had dreams. You certainly have had recurrent dreams. One in particular. Yes.

Tell us what Duelyst card can particularly represent that special dream of yours.

@discobot you start.

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Mnemevore is the perfect card for throwing all your opponent’s dreams away. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

In my dream, I WILL PLAY THE MAGIC CARD, POT OF GREED DREAMSHAPER, WHICH ALLOWS ME TO DRAW TWO NEW CARDS.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

My childhood nightmare was icebreak ambush

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Wouldn’t have thought I’d ever read a princess Di quote here.

…hmmmmmm

Speaking of quotes…

1 Like

I dont know if it was because I really liked the idea of this topic, I dreamed that I was in a recurring dream, but it itself was not recurring. That is, in it I felt like it was, but it wasnt.

As a kid, I had recurring dreams of being naked at school...

Im pretty sure thats actually very common. The anthitesis of sexy, it was pretty bad, and the sight or addressing of others was a loss condition. So Deathmark definitely, the ultimate fragility card.

I also remember many nightmares of being mugged...

Now, it would appear to me that being in front of a gun would be a very good excuse to also use Deathmark as a symbol of a fragile state, but I think i felt more like, a mix of fear, rage, and powerlesness- The flavor of Saurian Finality doesnt fit, but it seems appropriate in effect.

that one time I thought, "please dont punch the beggar", and then I punched the beggar

It seems at the aeon of this dream, a transition between the muggings and the next phase, I was always being subjected to the exact opposite of what I intended- Punches too weak, legs too heavy to run, and in the one case I didnt want to punch, I did. Thats pretty funny in retrospect, probably fit for Overload, but for the rest of them, Horrific Visage does it.

in a semi related note, i connect with the flavor of Lost In The Desert so much that i legit forget it is a duelyst card and not the name of my comic

now, explain to me what exactly you mean by cartomancy

1 Like

I’m very glad it resonated with you. I know it’s a weird idea to try and get to know other people through this lens, but whatever. We all love cards, and we all have dreams. Do they connect?

Cartomancy, divination through cards, was my metaphor for introspection as one would revisit his inner chimeras and try to relate them with our favorite game.

My childhood dream or nightmare was about breaking out of a military camp during winter. I always started hidden in a tree, overhead an armed sentinel. Always the same questions - do I drop and fight the soldier, do I wait for him to move as I’m freezing to death, or should I run directly to the fence and risk a bullet? Icebreak Ambush sort of capture this scene.

Thanks for your post and I think the Deathmark association is very fitting.

1 Like