Duelyst Forums

DeathsAdvocate's Master Thread: Eternal Trials of Mythron

@deathsadvocate Can you describe the game plan of Black Magic?

Hum I did leave that out of its write up. I mostly talked about the combo and the card selection rather then the general gameplan.

" The key to the deck is to aggressively dig for your combos and save nothing, other then aegis. The whole deck is built to do basically nothing but cycle, control, or combo, meaning you either draw into your combo or into more cycle, hoarding stuff is no good. Absolutely just play an Aerial rift for just the cycle, heck I basically never use its effect, and that gameplan is precisely why I opted out of things like lifestream instead favoring proper cycles so you can just dig dig dig.

If you have a spare aegis or owl feel free to be reckless with the first one, If aegis is lacking you try to get another arcanyst to stick letting you super buff owl/something else in one turn so its unlikely they can deal with both. Certain match ups you either wait for Aegis, or for you to have another arcanyst, but others you can pretty safely just toss out an owl without protection and just super buff it. Whether you backline or frontline your owl depends on if you have a magnetize or a frontline arcanyst, if you lack both then its generally worth the risk to frontline owl. "

I went ahead and added that to its write up.

Testing an aggro variant as potential just makes sense there.

http://www.bagoum.com/deckbuilder#MTo1MDEsMzoxOTA1MiwzOjUxMCwzOjIwMzI0LDM6MTEwODgsMzoxOTA1MSwzOjIwMTQ3LDM6NTE3LDM6MjAyMTQsMzoxMTEyNSwzOjIwMzcxLDM6NTYxLDM6MTA5NzUsMzoxMTExNSwtMzoxMTA0MywtMToyMDI3NiwtMzoxMTAzMCwtMzoyMDE0Ng==

Feels pretty good so far. While I am no fan of aggro, its hard to argue with its effectiveness and it may be the better of the two versions. I also don’t think Furry Faie does need an update its still just really solid. Looks like once I am finished testing them I will likely publish the aggro variant and the aspect variant together.

nothing worthwhile. just cheesing hearthsister and minijax for low investment but high returns. snowchaser was nice too, what with t2p2 opener and maintaining hand size

Nope, I don’t see a place for it all. It’s mostly a budget tool or part of a shroud list. I have been trying a third variation which has been fun. I think the first list based on Furry Faie is still the most overall successful though, but the others all certainly have their own merits.

http://www.bagoum.com/deckbuilder#MTo1MjcsMzo1MTAsMzoyMDE0OSwzOjUxMiwyOjUwNSwzOjIwMTQ3LDM6NTQ1LDM6MjAzNzEsMjoyMDM0NywzOjUxOSwzOjIwMTY1LDI6MjAzOTEsMzoyMDMzMCwzOjMwMDQwLDM6MjAyNzY=

Thanks! This is very close to what I was playing against @boronian in our test matches.

I’m running your aggro variant until I can craft Aspect of the Mountains, I’m quite impressed by its speed.
Conceptually I prefer Faie’s BBS alongside Cyonic Potential, it’s a attack tool that doesn’t suffer so much from opponent dispel (not putting all eggs in the same basket).

Thanks a lot for thoroughly testing the idea! :blush:

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think Vanar is really underated at the moment, they just have a really high skill cap and require some creative deck building. I threw up the vod on youtube:

Decks are also in the master thread proper now, likely in final draft form. The aspect variant has even earned an S rating already after soaring through the ladder with it. (Side decks are still shoddy at best though.)

Celebrating my crafting of Aspect of the Mountains, here’s the deck I built drawing both from your library and @snowshot’s and @epicflygon’s dedicated Vanar threads.

The fun thing is that I also tried swapping the General for Kara just for kicks, and it didn’t feel wrong… Which probably means that it’s an OK deck but not optimized. :slight_smile:

Seems legit
I approve

It’s far from optimised interms of midrange.

It looks pretty solid. Glad it all came together for you.

I just want to give this thread a bump! :kissing_heart:

Updates have been slow, but still happening.

No problem. I don’t play Duelyst at the moment but your content for the community deserves it!
Edit: I wanted to say that you deserve it for the content you give us.

Heya! Been a while since I’ve actually said anything to you. Not that I’ve said much at all lately, I’ve been doing things besides Duelyst. Mostly anime and Slay the Spire. Have you played Slay the Spire, by the way? Absolutely amazing single-player deckbuilding game, polished to a mirror shine. But anyway! I was messing around with some Lyonar things lately, and I’ve been wondering if there’s anything that can be done at all with either of the following concepts: Mirrorrim plus legion, or just legions, to drown the opponent in endless crestfallen and card advantage. Or: Prominence as a win condition, probably with the help of aegis barrier. Can either of these ideas run in a B-list deck, or are they nothing but meme dreams?

Good to hear from you. Ive also been taking a partial break from duelyst (only playing on stream days/for teamwars.)

I have not played Slay the Spire and I have little free time these days.

As for intensify Lyonar I did do some experimenting, it was fun but mostly a gimmick:

http://www.bagoum.com/deckbuilder#MToxLDM6MjAzNjEsMzoxMTE0MSwzOjExMTI2LDM6MjcsMzo5LDM6MjAxODgsMzoxMSwzOjIwMDY3LDM6MTExNTAsMzozOSwzOjIwMzIwLDI6MjAyMzIsMjoyMDI4MiwyOjExMDkz

Lifestream is super cool on rift walker. Mirriom also does wonders on rift and replicant. I never really found a great use for Legion (Outside of some super Janky Q/Renaimator decks) but he could certainly fit in something like this shell.

As for prominence he falls into that awkward position of not being a bad card but there are just generally better options. But as he is not a bad card he can sort of just go in anything and perform well if your willing to skip something else to fit him, most likely a Bond List that already wants to run Aegis.

Oo, mirrorrim and lifestream with riftwalker. Cool idea. Sun wisps and replicants thin out your deck to dig for more of your combo pieces, then you bomb them over and over with increasingly powerful riftwalkers until they die. Throw in some standard goodstuff…immolating a riftwalker will be pretty cool at eight mana too. Could easily do six, seven, eight damage in one shot that way. Something like that?

If you had to buff legion and prominence, what changes would you make to them, out of curiousity?

And if you ever find yourself in a place where you can spend some time on another game, consider looking up Slay the Spire on Youtube or Twitch, it’s just really cool, and receives constant attention from the creators. Oh yeah, and it’s fairly cheap.

Dear DeathsAdvocate,

A deck that started as a funny experiment now feels pretty competitive to me after removing the meme parts.

Would you mind let me know your thoughts, and if you test it give me your feeling, rating it comparatively to some of your own Mech decks?

Trials of Mythron - Mech Emporium and Compendium

At a glance it seems pretty sollid, as you have several strong gameplans going on. My main concern is your stretched a bit thin. Having mechs, deci Spikes, Rag, and mandrake/reliq seems like a few to many moving parts, especially since you skipped ragnoras go to hatch options (Inceptor over morph if your sticking with mandrake.)

I’d say consider cutting deci/Spikes for Inceptor and Replicant, and flash for Kujata. Inceptor gives you a similar burst to deci/Spikes, and now you have more bodies for mandrake.

Alternatively I have a decent example of Midrange Reilq/Mandrake in my thread, which you could potentially make room for Deci/Spikes by skipping some egg synergy options if you wanted. Deci Spikes is quite strong but I’m not convinced its worth it out of Starhorn, but it’s so good it’s never a bad option.

@unreason Yea you got the idea :D, it’s great in theory but it did not pan out great in practice thus why I never got around to publishing. Buffing Legion and prominence? Hmm they are already pretty solid and it’s less about them being bad and more about there is not a great place for them, can’t think of anything for legion, but prominence could cost less and perhaps have lower stats like 5 mana 4/5, but hard to say.

Quite what I was thinking before play testing it. I was afraid that I was chasing too many combos, but it’s surprisingly consistent thanks to the powerful draw engines. Since Mechaz0r and Mandrake progress are background processes (and in the current mix they seem to come online at the same time), it’s quite an easy deck to play.

I will have a look at your Mandrake list, and you have very good arguments for the increase of body count to receive Primal Relic bufffs, but my current concern is rather that the other game plans seem to be faster than Reliquarian (haven’t had the occasion to Flash Reincarnate it yet, maybe that’s why).