Daily Solutions: A Practical Application of Duelyst Notation

Hi,

Some of you may recall my modest proposal for an official notation system a few months back. The purpose of that post was to showcase a method enabling text recordings of Duelyst games, or alternatively puzzle solutions.

Recently, there’s been a lot of interest in recording daily challenge solutions. However, all such efforts have been restricted to video, a highly inefficient method of recording information for what is fundamentally a chess-like game.

As such, I’d like to alert everyone of my first major experiment in Duelyst notation: recording puzzle solutions. Over at my website, I have created text solutions to the daily challenges as well as all the solo challenges.

While these two resources can both serve the community in their own right, I’d like to make it clear that my goal in making them is to verify and show the practicality of a notation system for Duelyst. This game yet lacks a popularized notation system, even though its clear parallels to chess necessitate one.

So when looking over these puzzle solutions… don’t only think of what the notation can do for you, think of what you can do for the notation. :wink: