Duelyst Forums

Coldharbour Forge (chat about Mech, Vanar or both)

Yes, it would but I didn’t place it mainly because I wanted the stats out of your “heavy hitters”.
Maybe one copy.

3 Likes

Bump.

also, “Riddlestomp” (a short replay)

If there’s a Lyonar in the room, I’d like some advice on the Mechaz0r brew below.

I find that Skywind Glaives and Prism Barrier are AWESOME in a rainbow Mech list. They are a must keep.
I added lots of dispel because I’m really sensitive to the simcity Vetruvian bullies.

Draw Wisp adds the bit of card advantage this curves seems to require.

Initial testing seem to indicate good flow, and a secure Mechaz0r summon between the 6 and 8 mana marks.

What would Lyonar pros change?

I wonder why are you not playing Titan? It combines Glaives and Prism Barrier in one better card :smiley:

And you could increase the numbers of mechs.

1 Like

It’s not in my collection. And spells are a valid category of cards :wink:

I think you should go for Titan next because it could give you many new deckbuilding ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you have urbanophobia. Or maybe you just don’t like Vetruvian cities, with their terrible atmospheric conditions and aggressive air conditioners.

Here are a few tips for your travel.

1. Dispel the Obelysks
  2. Crush the Obelysks with heavy hitters
  3. Repel away the Sandswirl, the Blood of Air by denying mana (Mali+Ego)
  4. Fly the heavy hitters in the enemy face with Hearth Sister and Aspect of the Wyrm.
  5. Bring a present from home: Spirit of the Wild.

Kind of a slow deck because of the Golem angle, but it has surprising bursts thanks to the spell package.

• :ballot_box_with_check: 9 turn one minions
  • :wheelchair: Card draw
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Ping artifacts
  • :no_entry_sign: Healing
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Area of Effect
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Removal / Answers
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Burst damage
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Win Conditions
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Ramp or speed
  • :no_entry_sign: Memery

Reference:

2 Likes

just throwing things in and seeing what sticks:
I like prism barrier but sometimes i feel like it’s not enough sometimes… so i keep reminding myself this is pretty high on my bucket list xD

And if my experience with furor chakram is any indication, artifacts like these are great pubstompers, what with people forgetting dispel won’t remove artifact buffs

1 Like

You know I’m so out of the Lyonar loop that I didn’t know this card existed.
Looks like a good pick indeed, especially in a S.I.L.V.E.R. build.

I do not want to break your dreams but- bulwark is complete garbage unless it is equipped by titan

1 Like

huh, i’ve heard that before, but i’m only remembering now. why tho?
it seems fine, and it could maybe work really well with flying minions

1 Like

Likely just a bit too costly.
Compare the two at 7 mana.

Halo + weak 2 drop.

Titan. Bigger minion plus 2 more artifacts.

Obivously Titan has a restriction but you can see a huge power difference.

3 Likes

Why flying minions? It works well with Zeal minions, not flying ones because they leave the artifact’s effect.

But it is very expensive and needs a board. Doesn’t increase the attack so you can’t surprise hit your opponent or their minions which makes it pretty bad.

1 Like

that’s just me wanting to make flying work i guess.
If sunsteel defender is any indicator: 3 health high damage and at least 4 damage is a pretty huge threat. Enter flying minions: they have the same stat distribution, but with added advantage of being unkite-able.
from experience, flying loses a lot of its value once it has attacked: initiative in trades, range, and pretty much the minion dying. Whenever I pilot a gryphon, i usually make it fly to tiles beside where my general would be anyway(so as to proc the flying again). general+beside general is still a very respectable range (e.g. sandswirl reader vs BoA).
Take this illustration for example

if i can free-trade the opponent for 5-10 damage and still be able to bodyblock the general/artifact with 5/3 forcefield that, when dispelled, still leaves a 5/3 forcefield minion, well, that some synergy right there.
That’s the idea anyway. It really would rely a lot on me having the better board state and tempo, i haven’t crafted the card either, so I’m pretty sure I’ll come across more problems that I haven’t thought of.

PS: Also i want rebuke proof minions and i think 5 to 6 mana is worth that xD (rip gaujj, dies to egg spear.)

2 Likes

I understood how you want to do it and it is a neat idea on paper.

But the flyers can’t be in the front line so you will take a lot of damage. Therefore I would not focus on it though, maybe only playing Gryphon Fledgling because it is not too bad as a 3 drop.

1 Like

I take offense that this Replicant discussion doesn’t take place in the Mech thread, so I move it here. :wink:

I find Replicant a perfectly reasonable standalone card, even without synergy. Just for early game Mana Orb moves and conserving hand size. Granted, this is not a flashy benefit, so you’re more likely to disregard Replicant for any other 2 drop. Analytically Replicant is OK though.

It is a very solid card in Silver decks.

1 Like

It is really good in any deck that is looking for a simple plus 1, I often play it along with Mentor as my only source of draw in Vanar as they are the best tempo wise.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s as quite good enough on its own compared to other neutral 2-drops like Healing Mystic or Primus Fist, but it’s close. The main thing you need with it is to have a low enough curve, both to avoid overdrawing and to have other things to play alongside it. What Cloudfrog says about Replicant x2 being a weak P2 opening isn’t wrong, but on the other hand, being able to drop a Replicant along with another minion turns 1 and 2 is quite strong since it lets you develop board and use mana tiles without depleting too many resources.

3 Likes

Your Meme deck of the week:

Kaleos never skips leg day, and his squad are friggin acrobats even if they’re Mechs. Drugs, and an improbable initiatic trip in the jungles convinced the group that they were the warriors of the Jaguar totem four days ago. They’ve been bouncing around ever since.

Featuring the world famous Onyx+Paddo combo. :metal:

Grab your backpack and join the crew.

• :ballot_box_with_check: 9 turn one minions
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Card draw
  • :no_entry_sign: Ping artifacts
  • :no_entry_sign: Healing
  • :wheelchair: Area of Effect
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Removal / Answers
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Burst damage
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Win Conditions
  • :wheelchair: Ramp or speed
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Memery