Duelyst Forums

Coldharbour Forge (chat about Mech, Vanar or both)

Currently what I’m running, but still a WIP. Completely steamrolls silver though, basically no skill is involved with so many different options that work together perfectly. Mechs are decent tempo tools that also draw removal because of their keywords. Basic removal at 1 and 2 mana, 5 mana statsticks that also remove and everyone knows how good EMP is. Gameplan is to speed out mechs and get rid of the 1, 2, 3, 4 mana requirements for ox, while threatening to play z0r. Curve into 5 mana and control the board, run away on 6 mana and play z0r. Z0r will get removed and cost the opponent their whole turn, making it very easy to play EMP and ox on the same turn, securing the win.

SILVER + Metaltooth is a 8 mana 9 damage finisher if something goes wrong.
Play aggressive, but don’t spend all of your resources, and don’t suicide as you have no healing.

For the Abyssian mech combo, this is what I’d run, but it isn’t based on the combo itself, and it’s really just 2 mechs that got squeezed into Midrange. I also only play Cassy. Gain tempo with good 2 drops, one of the best 3 drops, and probably the most efficient single-target removal in the game. Drop threats with Dioltas, rot9m, b0t, grimes, and EMP to bash your opponent’s face in. Can’t guarantee this deck will even play z0r, and just might be better using SILVER for a better summon.

2 Likes

I will look into your Ebon Ox deck in detail, it’s fairly interesting!

Agreed on the Abyssian Deceptib0t combo, I think this sort of shell is better suited… Still, the combo (in general) seems too slow for my tastes, so I switched to another Mech-enhanced Abyssian deck.

It’s a double ramp Dying Wish dump, with an explosive Abhorrent Unbirth finisher.

In my opinion a Metaltooth + Replicant team is enough to provide reliable rush, if supplemented by another source. I seized this opportunity to craft LeTigress and it seems to perform beautifully in here.
Mindlathe for flavour.

Edit: wait, hadn’t @miguelosz and @alplod published a similar list before? I can’t find it.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t even call this mechs, the whole mech playstyle is rather tied to their boss monsters it feels for me.

1 Like

Like, would you call old Kaleos lists Mech because they ran 3x Sword?

1 Like

They’re a central part of the finisher combo. But, not arguing. I understand, I admit that they aren’t to many Mechs in the deck. You want heavy metal. :crossed_swords:

2 Likes

Here you go:

Very outdated (pre-Immortal Vanguard), but your shell is also pretty much begging for Z0r :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mechs maybe central to the strategies consistentcy but is the actual strategy about mechs?

1 Like

A ladder-usable version of my “Boss fight” deck.

This piece of art insists on creating exponential value be it Rizen flood or ultra-grown Mechs.
And if everything fails, hopefully you and your opponent will be face to face, tired and weary from fighting about Godhammers, and ready to enjoy a Bounded Lifeforce moment.

“Buff then a Rabbit” card is also something to consider, but I haven’t tested it.

• :ballot_box_with_check: 9 turn one minions
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Card draw
  • :no_entry_sign: Ping artifacts
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Healing
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Area of Effect
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Removal / Answers
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Burst damage
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Win Conditions
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Ramp or speed
  • :wheelchair: Memery
5 Likes

Has anyone extensively tested Cloudcaller? I’m just starting with it, but it gives me the impression of an OK card, that would only really shine in a ramp or BBS deck.
What are your thoughts?

PS @SnakeintheEye I think you have moderation power on this forum? Could you make this thread longer lived or immortal?

2 Likes

Here’s what I’m playing memeing with at the moment. Cloudcaller is just a worse Lavaslasher and frankly that isn’t too bad. Feel free to switch Shivers for Sister and War Talon for Embla.

2 Likes

Dear Zane, would you have a decklist for this? It seems like a rather fast Mechaz0r deck.

Echo Deliverant in the action bar is funny :slight_smile:

1 Like

This seems like a nice list! Thanks for sharing.
It sort of confirms that Cloudcaller is a bit pricey, and is a lot better with ramp.

If he’s your “Vanar Lavaslasher”, I suppose SOTW-Wartalon is your “Makantor”, with Moonlit Basilisk as your Grow monster.
This is a Magmar deck alright. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

DEET MGMER VENAER!!!

3 Likes

Cloud Caller is a 6 cost old Lava Slasher p-much. It’s really solid in every single list. I used to play it in mid but I preferred the more proactive Kron.

2 Likes

deckLandscapeSonghai
Quickly cobled up Mechstab suite, really. Maybe one can take a single Rigger and Thunderhorn down for two Swords if you want to force up faster but that’s about it.
Mechaz0r pieces just enjoy getting extra actions.

[Mechahai]MToxMDEsMzoxNTEsMzoxMTA2MSwzOjExMTE1LDM6MTExMjgsMzoxMTEyOSwzOjE5MDAyLDM6MTkwMDMsMzoxOTAwNCwzOjE5MDA2LDM6MjAwODYsMzoyMDE2OCwzOjIwMjQwLDM6MjAzMjM=

2 Likes

The thing that doesn’t work, in case you wanted to try it, is to use Mirrorim on a narrow selection of small Mechs and count on Seismoid to draw them and use Kujata to spawn a cheap Mechaz0r.

• Helm of Mechaz0r
  • Mirrorim
  • Seismoid
  • Kujata
  • Wings of Mechaz0r
    That looked great in theory. This doesn’t work.

So let’s use the mini Mechs as part of a swarm engine. The deck below features a low curve and lots of draw to fill the board, and buff whatever manages to stick.
Seismoid provides excellent draw, Cannon of Mechaz0r for control and a win condition when buffed… Metaltooth with a buff is like a mini Makantor.

Apparently Thumping Wave can cause rage emoticons.

• :crown: 9 turn one minions
  • :crown: Card draw
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Ping artifacts
  • :no_entry_sign: Healing
  • :wheelchair: Area of Effect
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Removal / Answers
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Burst damage
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Win Conditions
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Ramp or speed
  • :no_entry_sign: Memery (except if you add Hatefurnace to fool your opponent)
3 Likes

Was expecting frenzy spell and got disappointed :frowning_face:.

3 Likes

I love your checklist thingie, btw :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would suggest running Reva, cobra strike is a weird choice. Would prefer phoenix fire or something that gives you a bit of draw like rok boi, shuriken, or fox. Inner Focus also seems like a bad idea since the only thing worth activating with it is rigger (activating cannon guy would be a bad move since this is a deck with little draw). Consider replacing it for Killing edge maybe? Since you have silver, metaltooth could be good, especially since it can ping eggs.

2 Likes

Oh shucks, I didn’t think of that! Unsure about what to remove though, everything else is kind of crucial.

1 Like