Welcome to the 4th Card Design Contest. This contest’s prompt is evolved around a mechanic that, in my opinion, is quite underused in Duelyst. It is the direct interaction with your own or your opponent’s deck. Get creative…
For those of you who are new: This contest is all about designing an own card following the contest’s prompt. A jury will then nominate 12 cards that are going to appear in the poll thread, where you all can vote for your favorite.
We also have prizes for the best three cards:
First: 5 Orbs + Exclusive forum badge “Design God” + Place in the jury next month
Second: 4 Orbs + Place in the jury next month
Third: 3 Orbs + Place in the jury next month
Thanks to Counterplay / Bandai Namco for providing the orbs and the forum badge.
Here are the rules:
- Everyone is allowed to submit ONE card design per month.
- They have to follow the basic template:
Cost / (Stats)
5 Mana (3/5)
Backstab: (1) All of your Backstabs deal 2 more damage.
- Clearly over- or underpowered cards or memes are not allowed.
- Cards have to follow the monthly design prompts (e.g.: Create a Battle Pet).
- Unless stated otherwise, you may NOT create own Keywords.
- You may submit card art, as long as it is created by yourself. Art is not taken into consideration from the jury and will not appear in the poll thread.
- Please avoid copying cards from other CCGs.
This month’s prompt: Design a spell or artifact that interacts in any way with your or your opponent’s deck of cards.
The deadline for submissions is the 15th of September!
Good Luck to all participants!