Duelyst Forums

Boss Battle: Solfist (july 2018)

Solfist’s a bad, flamey psychopath of a boss with a very aggressive outlook on life.

Whenever Solfist destroys a minion, reactivate it. At the end of Solfist’s turn, deal increasing damage to himself and all nearby enemies.

He punches hard, damages himself and all your minions around, and starts on the battlefield with a Sworn Avenger and Incinera to immediately kick the match into high gear. His deck features a lot of aggro-style big stats minions.

His Bloodborne spell is Living Flame, and he also flings Phoenix Fires liberally.

Beat Solfist into submission and gain a free orb and a Boss crate with cool rewards!

You see, I can be such a good community manager. Now send me the orbcodegenerator.exe CPG

10 Likes

I finally beat him with a variant of my “anti skurge” deck, meaning I retreated behind Build minions to tank the damage and used Homeostatic Rebukes to remove his board. I finished in a corner behind Quartermaster Gauj, and by that time Solfist had been straining himself so hard he just fell to a Gauj attack + Makantor Warbeast.

1 Like

I was never able to beat it last time. Let’s try again.

1 Like

Vanar+tons of healing+concealing shroud+early movement dispel=GG(best to mix it with burnvanar and loremaster)

2 Likes

Should have beaten this boss first go last night with Heal Lyonar but the boss on his last turn goes Flameblood warlock, Phoneix fire, BBS with perfect spawns, attacks and then lets his boss effect go off for a draw. It really tilted me for ages after that.

3 Likes

You know what? I don’t think you’ll get the free orbs but I’ll give you credit for a good post

3 Likes

Burn Hai with Tracer works wonders.

But I have to say, this boss was very hard. Most my decks do not fare well against heavy aggro. It took about 6 tries with other decks before I switched to 8g8s.

And I don’t remember how did I beat him previously.

1 Like

Need to drop it here…
The new mod has enough time to protect the 6 years old children on the forum
But not to continiue the bossposts

1 Like

Btw, @halcyon98, you seem to play Lyonar, so control Healyonar seems like an awesome choice here. Just heal, and heal, and heal, occasionally dispell and burn and tempest everything he summons. I guess it should work. He’ll kill himself.

2 Likes

It worked just fine. :grinning:

3 Likes

I dunno about others, but with the buffs they gave to bosses, they went from fun to very very hard and feeling less worth the effort.

Seems really tough to do when bosses will never run out of cards, starts with more hp, and has 2 minions at start. I’m struggling :confused:

1 Like

Shamless plug.

2 Likes

Come on, he deals exponensial damage to himself. You should just heal.

2 Likes

Just saw; I don’t have sunforge lancers or sunrisers.

It’s the constant range that I’m disliking right now. Going with crossbones atm.

3 Likes

Math time! Damage Solfist deals every end of turn = 2^(n-1)

1 Like

I beat it with 1 hp. My remark about bosses wasn’t only pertaining to just this one though; the difficulty’s really ramped since the BBS buffs.

3 Likes

Which is good, I guess? Bosses are supposed to be a challenge.

1 Like

They’re not nearly as pushovers which I agree is good. Can you imagine trying these with a slimmer card collection (ie newer player)? I think there’d be a balance between challenge and fun, and difficulty obviously plays a role into that. Just stating that for me I find the bosses to fall more into the effort to be worth it from a fun aspect. The power of their 1 mana bbs’s plays a factor into that.

But again, it’s all opinion, but that’s what forums allow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see what you mean. Yes… I suppose these would be quite difficult for new players. I think it would be nice if we had a easy mode and a hard mode, with easy mode having humbler rewards.

4 Likes

Legit great idea :slight_smile: X amount of gold for sure. love it

3 Likes