Duelyst Forums

Boss Battle - Grym the Vengeful Returns June, 2018

The Grym the Vengeful Boss Battle will be available on Thursday, June 28th at 2:00 PM PDT, until July 3rd at 2:00 PM PST.

After having fallen in battle to an Abyssian priestess, the rogue Magmar Grym was cursed to be reborn with corrupted flesh and an unquenchable hunger for death. Uncaring of the lives of others he feeds on both friend and foe alike to feed his rage.

Read More

8 Likes

Archive here: Boss Battle - Grym the Vengeful

Wow, I can’t believe I forgot there was a drogon skin now that we can buy boss skins. I also really like this boss’s flavor, magmar and abyssian are my favorite factions so a crossover of the two is exactly the type of thing i like.

1 Like

I’ll repeat the question I previously posed to @ThanatosNoa, @stormshade when you do the boss battle intro/spoilers where do you get the boss lore? Do you make it up or is there someone who tells you what you’re looking at?

I NEED ANSWERS

3 Likes

I can’t actually answer that question, as @ThanatosNoa provided me with all of the lore. I’d imagine it was a collaboration with him and some of the designers at CPG though. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, this is about what I would’ve expected (More lore confirmed???). Thanks for the reply!

Now to see if they’re still continuing the card lore…

When you do the boss battle intro/spoilers where do you get the boss lore?

It was a collab with Decepticle and Kronikle at the helm with some minor flavor on my end :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does this mean decepticle and @kronikle are in charge of lore now??? New lore confirmed???

Summary

Maybe I should be asking them y no lore on the new generals mkII skins :thonk:

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure on this but IIRC Decepticle and Kronikle were the ones who designed all of the bosses so it makes sense for them to make some lore for them too.

1 Like

The real question is… is their lore canon?

That I don’t know. Given how long it has been since we had any Lore released for Duelyst whatsoever I wonder if CPG still has someone working on the Lore at all :cry:

1 Like

Tough boss with real endurance. Finally got him with an undying Xor’Xull swarm and Shadowdancers, that was a long match.

His BBS really boosts its strength. And he plays Juggernauts that combo very nicely with his ability.

1 Like

Ran the Abyssian Gor Shadowdancer deck that’s been carrying me through 90% of the boss fights… it was pretty easy.

Introduced Grym to his cousin Drogon. What a happy family reunion

4 Likes

Try Gold Vitriol on this boss. Hilariousness will never fail to ensue.

1 Like

I think it’s a case-by-case thing; things like the Invader (and the Protector suit you’re given) are just fun homage fights, others like Shinkage Zendo are what if, and then there’s stuff like Boreal Juggernaut which could totally be canon (but I don’t have a list of what is and isn’t).

1 Like

1 Like

You know what they say, if you want something done you gotta do it yourself :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.