Duelyst Forums

BBS Arcanyst Kara - Alplod's (Stupid) Gimmicky Ideas

deckLandscapeVanar

What’s that? A list with a main idea of utilising Kara’s BBS as much as possible. Lots of token producers with BBS reuses - and Arcanysts are the best of token producers, especially in Vanar.

I know, the idea isn’t new, I believe I’ve seen it somewhere long time ago, but not on forums. And it’s gimmicky enough for me to have fun.

We’ve got a decent draw power with all those Trinity Wings and Circuluses…Circuli…hmmm…C-guys, lots of token producing with C-guys again, Illusionists and Firestarters, and lots of BBS reuses with Cryptos and Alcuins.

With consecutive BBS uses any illusionist left alive can easily produce several 4/3 illusions, which are out of range for most AOEs. Firestarters 3/3 rush tokens are also nice to have.

I use Alcuin mostly for BBS copying, but he’s very flexible as always, and allows for some hillarious plays. His 3/1 body is nothing to write home about, but with Owlbeast and BBS reuses it’s not too hard to have, say 5/7 Alcuin.

With this deck Circulus’ illusions also become a force to reckon with, not a dead draw. Also, your gravity wells become really sturdy.

Polarity finishers are rather rare, I mostly win by outswarming opponents, but it’s nice to have this option.

I tried to put Kindred Hunter somewhere - another token producer - but it’s hard to fit.

Any suggestions or alternatives?

3 Likes

zyx may work as well

2 Likes

Have you tried cryptographer in this? How is this deck doing on the ladder, any bad matchups?

1 Like

Not sure where to fit it. Everything else has spell synergy, btw, but not zyx.

I have cryptographer, and it works well.

About the second question - it doesn’t work too well, any other swarm is usually faster and becomes a hard matchup, since we have no AOE. Actually, it either works or don’t - I mean if you managed to get several double-buffed tokens you usually win, if not - you lose. And this win or lose depends heavily on draw. So the deck has not so much competetive value, tbh.

1 Like

MTo1MjcsMzo1NDAsMjoxMDMwMiwzOjEwMzAzLDI6MTAzMDQsMzoxMDMwNSwzOjExMDExLDI6MTEwOTQsMjoxMTA5NywzOjIwMTM0LDM6MjAxNDQsMzoyMDE0NywyOjIwMjA3LDI6MjAyMjgsMzoyMDIzNywzOjIwMjYx

I ran this a lot a couple seasons ago (used it and a swarm Zirix into Diamond…3, I think) though my version is not quite as ham on getting to proc BBS. Firestarter plus multi BBS is fantastic.

You mentioned in a reply that it doesn’t really work and it’s sad- but true for the meta.

3 Likes

Haha sorry I completely missed good old crypto :smiley:

1 Like

Really like this deck. Gravity well seems the least necessary, so those could be taken out for 2 meltdown and a manaforger (since you stated issue responding to faster swarm)

1 Like

Meltdown? O_o

I think smth like frostburn could be better. And proc spell synergy.

2 Likes

Haha, yes. I get them mixed up

1 Like

Dude…

LUMINOUS CHARGE!

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s definitely a possibility to run wall Kara with a similar idea. But I never tried it, cause I don’t have most of necessary cards.

1 Like

It’s a deck I’m running focused more on getting infiltrate based/related buffs. So far it’s done me well, but I’ve only been playing it at low silver (~16) so I’m not sure how it’d fare higher in the ladder.

Here’s a vid on it in play:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.